ADVERTISEMENT

Another Kentucky country artist on the rise?

Stumbled across this by accident today. Checked out one of the songs. Not bad. And an endorsement from Sturgill Simpson, so I take it she's not making pop country.

Brit Taylor

Maybe he understood her lyrics which is why he's impressed. She sounds like every other cloned female country singer from the last few years.

Think of the music festival you could put on with nothing but Kentucky artists right now, and from all genres. Hell I just found out this morning Stapleton is doing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Jack Harlow/Chris Stapleton/Sturgill/Childers/Cage the Elephant/MMJ/Kelsey Waldon/SG Goodman/Nappy Roots/Brit Taylor/Chris Knight/Legendary Shack Shakers/Rickey Skaggs is still around.

I know I'm leaving out several too.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
If UKO hates her, that's an endorsement. I like her sound.

Also.....

- Margo Price has gotten pretty sexy all of a sudden
- Got tickets to see Morgan Wade in Starkville in May, plus a backstage meet-and-greet. She's gotten REALLY hot as well (career and looks wise).

Morgan Wade

- Should I go see Lucero tonight? Maybe.

Reactions: Popquiz81
Think of the music festival you could put on with nothing but Kentucky artists right now, and from all genres. Hell I just found out this morning Stapleton is doing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Jack Harlow/Chris Stapleton/Sturgill/Childers/Cage the Elephant/MMJ/Kelsey Waldon/SG Goodman/Nappy Roots/Brit Taylor/Chris Knight/Legendary Shack Shakers/Rickey Skaggs is still around.

Ian Noe. Dwight.

Marty Stuart, John Michael Montgomery, Eddie Montgomery, Dillon Carmichael. One of my friends Corey Kenton (Smith) is pretty good too, a couple of the Backstreet Boys, Patty Loveless.

Last edited:

Adrian Belew, Sam Bush, Ky Headhunters, My Morning Jacket, Joan Osborne

My era: Sam Bush, NRBQ (what's left of it)
from my kid's era: My Morning Jacket, Dawn Landes [edit], Rachels, Ben Sollee
tweener: Joan Osborne

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT