ADVERTISEMENT

Another dookie throwing shade at dUKe

Cal has a player decommit and his father says an assistant was unprofessional...some media members and rival fans say thats what cals really like behind the scenes. duke has several former players say negative things about the program and coach k in particular and majority of people say it cant be true cause k does things the right way lmao. F duke, f coach k and f his dogs too. Man i hate duke

This isn't a new trend.

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-a-duke-alum-wrote-this-very-bad-letter-to-1696196818

Remember When A Duke Alum Wrote This Very Bad Letter To Elton Brand?

Sent: Friday, April 16, 1999 2:55 PM

To: Brand, Elton

Subject: Leaving Duke

I graduated from Duke last May and just wanted to express my disgust for your decision to leave the Duke program after only two years. As an alum, not only do I hold the school in high regard, but the basketball program as well, especially since both have deservedly garnered such a great deal of respect for their accomplishments.

As part of our basketball program, you represent Duke as a whole. We are first and foremost an academic school, you clearly did not belong at Duke in the first place if this was the extent of your commitment to Duke and a college education in general. You have not only insulted the current students who are putting in four years at a school they love, but also the thousands of alumni who have realized the value of a Duke education and what an honor and privilege it was to be there for four years.

If you do not realize the opportunity you has infront of you to play for Coach K and at the same time attain a Duke diploma, then that is certainly your loss. I just wish that you has spared us the notion that you were continuing in the tradition of being a Duke student-athlete, in emphasizing excellence in both academics and athletics. You will not be considered part of the Duke family, in my mind as well as many others. You have by no means proved yourself worthy of that title.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Taylor

And Elton’s response, which he later confirmed that he’d written:

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM

To: Taylor, Jennifer

Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I’m sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever agin. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don’t care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely,

Elton Brand #42 NBA

Reap what you sow, Devils.

Yup K is just about himself over the Kids while Cal it's the kids and players us their families first!! There will be more!

I live in Florida and have said this on here before. One of my best friends lives in the Ft.Laudedale area and is very big on the AAU circuit. We were watching Duval play a couple years ago and said " Duke must have really pulled some sneaky sh*t". He said there was no way in hell he was eligible to get in at Duke. 4 high schools in 4 years

I live in Florida and have said this on here before. One of my best friends lives in the Ft.Laudedale area and is very big on the AAU circuit. We were watching Duval play a couple years ago and said " Duke must have really pulled some sneaky sh*t". He said there was no way in hell he was eligible to get in at Duke. 4 high schools in 4 years
I heard he couldn't read a pop-up book.

Cal has a player decommit and his father says an assistant was unprofessional...some media members and rival fans say thats what cals really like behind the scenes. duke has several former players say negative things about the program and coach k in particular and majority of people say it cant be true cause k does things the right way lmao. F duke, f coach k and f his dogs too. Man i hate duke
Oddly, the biggest Duke defenders reside on this board. People who trash UK players get less flack here than people who take shots a Duke.

No surprise. More will come out. But there is zero sympathy for kids that choose on their own free will to
Play for that fu*#in rat. You get what you deserve falling for his line of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT