ADVERTISEMENT

Another calipari blunder

Has anyone every played for a coach that wasn’t an an arsehole. If you did, you didn’t ball as a team!

Is it here around the 1-minute mark?

I'm glad someone finally posted the clip. This is a tempest in a teapot. Have mercy! From what was being said here, I thought he attacked her and was a real jerk to her. This was nothing to get upset about. It's typical Cal talk. Seriously, if that is what upset the KSR folks, they need to reevaluate. If Tyler Thompson is personally hurt over that little exchange, she's in the wrong business. And look, I like her stuff, read her articles, and like KSR.

I'm glad someone finally posted the clip. This is a tempest in a teapot. Have mercy! From what was being said here, I thought he attacked her and was a real jerk to her. This was nothing to get upset about. It's typical Cal talk. Seriously, if that is what upset the KSR folks, they need to reevaluate. If Tyler Thompson is personally hurt over that little exchange, she's in the wrong business. And look, I like her stuff, read her articles, and like KSR.
Totally Agree..

Reactions: Catluv
Apparently in the press conference after the Michigan game Tyler Thompson of ksr who’s been doing this for10 years asked a question. He proceeded to answer with you haven’t been watching us much have you. A Kentucky official after it was over came and apologized. This guy as my mom used to say is getting too big for his britches 😀

Yeah, but will she “make me a sandwich?”

🤣

AlohaCat

• Haha
Reactions: Blueaz
Apparently in the press conference after the Michigan game Tyler Thompson of ksr who’s been doing this for10 years asked a question. He proceeded to answer with you haven’t been watching us much have you. A Kentucky official after it was over came and apologized. This guy as my mom used to say is getting too big for his britches 😀
wf8i7crdvhw21.jpg

That’s what I thought
Listen to the audio around the 1 minute mark. Perfect example of the OP being a dick, and trying to make something out of nothing. We have a few posters that have nothing to do but look all day everyday for something to post negative about Cal. This is the world we live in today. This is a great post for one reason. All the pricks that post negative crap daily about Cal jumped on it and made a negative remark. Most called it a nothing burger.

Listen to the audio around the 1 minute mark. Perfect example of the OP being a dick, and trying to make something out of nothing. We have a few posters that have nothing to do but look all day everyday for something to post negative about Cal. This is the world we live in today. This is a great post for one reason. All the pricks that post negative crap daily about Cal jumped on it and made a negative remark. Most called it a nothing burger.
Spot-on analysis.

Im certainly no LHL fan but I doubt they instructed Tipton to keep asking Kelena Azabuike about his father’s legal problems from back in Oklahoma or asking John Wall what it was like growing up knowing his father was a murderer. I HATE the LHL (although I am friends with John Clay) but Jerry Tipton was/is a piece of shit .
Jerry always wanted to be that hard, street wise beat reporter like Studs Terkel but he was just too lazy to find a real story. Picking on poor college kids was all that was left for him. Word on the street is that HE was the Emery delivery guy.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
Not a huge Cal supporter at all but this OP is just another way for true Cal haters to just attack the guy over nothing. Wow, have some really come to this in their hatred of him? Apparently so. I'm still pulling for this team no matter the coaching and coukd care less about this kind of complaint/attack.

Reactions: dl51344
lol why is my mind all of a sudden flashing back to BCG.
This is not the university of Jodie Meeks Jeannie. That was a bad question

Now that was a jerk LOL

I did listen..that’s why i asked what we were supposed to be angry about
I’m obviously not a Calipari fan, either and will criticize when it’s due. but this is very much reaching

God forbid a sports writer got upset.

Again, what was the question?

Yea really. I could care less. Sometimes sports writers ask dumb questions. Not the first time a coach was a smart elic to one. I've seen Coach K, Izzo & many others do so.

Someone needs to thump in the head whoever apologized to Mr or Mrs KSR.

Correct me if I am wrong but she lives in Nashville and doesn't attend as many games or press conferences as the other KSR writers. So should he be responsible to know every reporter and how much they watch especially when they are playing in a foreign country. It seems to me that the KSR folks are trying to make this into something it isn't.

Nick Sabin does this to reporters all of the time. I love it. How often do these writers pen something positive about Cal or the team? I would get sick of it if I was part of the team management and would react the same way.

It's hard to not be an ass to people that are less fortunate when you have millions in the bank.

You would figure he'd act a little more humble, given the fact he's been basically stealing his salary the last 6 years, but nope, he's got that rich mans mentality.

This is one of many reasons why this is a 10 year job, these guys get rich, fat and lazy when they stay in that seat too long.
This is exactly where I am and have been for some time.

Cal makes more money a year than most of us can really wrap our heads around, without any real accountability to anyone. Sometimes I just want to scream..."can't you be just a little more gracious?" Most any of use who has had any type of leadership or executive position has come under some kind of scrutiny or second guessing. That doesn't give any of us the right to be a condescending a-hole to those around us.

I'm calling this one a No Big Deal...and I'm not a Calipari slurpper in any way shape or form. I'm sure Tyler T is fine.

Okay, you two say Cal is an asshole and, a dick. He also needs to show humility. All this and you have no idea what the question was. That kinda makes me wonder who the real asshole and dick might be.
That one question didn't matter. He was all those things before the question. And still is.

Not a huge Cal supporter at all but this OP is just another way for true Cal haters to just attack the guy over nothing. Wow, have some really come to this in their hatred of him? Apparently so. I'm still pulling for this team no matter the coaching and coukd care less about this kind of complaint/attack.
Agree.

Eh….whatever. Sports writer gets his feelings hurt. Welcome to the world. I’m not condoning anything done by Calipari but this type of stuff is just silly to discuss. How many times have we all snapped at someone in a work/business environment. Taking it further, how many times have you snapped even on family and friends.

Again, just silly to even discuss. Goes to show how much we have to talk about right now.

After listening to the tape no way was he even being rude. This is absolutely a STUPID take. Anyone who watches that tape and gets their feeling hurt needs to increase their meds!!

The OP must have been disappointed with the direction of this thread lol.
It was like oooh I just saw Cal mess up yet again lets make a post so that everyone can jump on him for this massive error.

And then not even the people that dislike Cal even cares about this LOL.

So…again
Why are we angry?

Because we MUST find something to whine and complain about because we won our last game and are playing decent at this point.

I have issues with Calipari but this kind of stuff is just an absolute waste of time. I would likely be snappy with sports writer’s weekly if I were a coach.

Reactions: Blueaz
After listening to the tape no way was he even being rude. This is absolutely a STUPID take. Anyone who watches that tape and gets their feeling hurt needs to increase their meds!!
I am already maxed out on my meds so I don't see a big problem, he is bringing in some awesome talent that will kick in soon. You do realize that all the other programs want to win so bad that the main competition will cheat to do it. He is recruiting some awesome talent and I think he will win a lot of games with it. I just saw some odds that put Duke and UNC at 20 to 1 and UK at 12 to 1 to win the whole thing.

Reactions: Catluv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT