ADVERTISEMENT

Anglers (snakehead)

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
Any of you fisherman getting snakehead in your area? I'm in central Indiana and we don't seem to be getting them... Yet. Just wondering if anybody's area is getting them and what your experiences have been.

I am sure you will have no trouble choking them Snakehead down Mamba. Nightly may be a little too hard on your esophagus, but you keep doing you.

I can’t find anything online about recent confirmations or even reports of snakeheads caught in Kentucky. The fish and wildlife site only speaks of Asian carp, Bigheads and Silvers. They seem problematic in western ky.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Any of you fisherman getting snakehead in your area? I'm in central Indiana and we don't seem to be getting them... Yet. Just wondering if anybody's area is getting them and what your experiences have been.

I don't think they've made it to KY yet. There was a confirmed catch in a Mississippi oxbow lake off of the Mississippi River, so it's just a matter of time.

I believe Florida, Arkansas, NY, Maryland, Delaware, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Virginia California, Hawaii and now Mississippi have them.

Getting to be a real problem, especially in Florida, Arkansas and the Potomac River area.

I don't think they've made it to KY yet. There was a confirmed catch in a Mississippi oxbow lake off of the Mississippi River, so it's just a matter of time.

I believe Florida, Arkansas, NY, Maryland, Delaware, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Virginia California, Hawaii and now Mississippi have them.

Getting to be a real problem, especially in Florida, Arkansas and the Potomac River area.
According to some and confirmed by Buckethead, they taste better than Cod.

ADVERTISEMENT