ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz’s Top 15 impact frosh. Lists only one UK player

Isn't Marcus Bingham the kid who had the REALLY questionable grades coming out of high school and committed to Michigan St.?

Nassir Little was named in the FBI investigation I think and it seems like it has become Rick Pitino's personal mission to see that "the right people" know about Romeo Langford's dads' deal with Adidas.

These 3 kids "may" have eligibility issues come November. Wasn't there a similar list last summer with Billy Preston on it?

This list was probably a "quick hit piece". Write it up, send it in, and go back on vacation. Jmo.

All's fair in love, war, and sports articles...

Reactions: Cindog28
After reports from an AAU game out this way, I just don't think the love for Bol Bol is warranted...Bad game, bad attitude, bad team chemistry....I guess any 7 footer capable of 3 point shot is automatic top 50 but I wonder how he will do in conference/tournament play.

Only reason why I cant see him putting KJ is because he thinks herro will have more impact in the sense hes a guy we missed last year. KJ is basically a guaranteed lottery so not sure how you can over look that. But maybe he thinks herro is that impact kid UK lacked last season?
I mean damn could argue Baker last year could of been that that impact player we needed. How many times could a knock down shooter helped us last year. With Baker on vs k state truly believe we could of got to the NT game.

Maybe he thinks herro could bring that impact guy. And based on his play in Bahamas, wouldn't bet against. Shai past up Florida to prove himself on UK. He worked his ass off and made himself into a lottery pick and highest ceiling pg in that draft. I see that same Dog in herro. Having said that...still think KJs bite is little bigger. When I see him I see a kid that doesn't stop.
Really believe it will be a special season, and if Reid can be that experience we lacked so many times, cant wait for the season to start

Only reason why I cant see him putting KJ is because he thinks herro will have more impact in the sense hes a guy we missed last year. KJ is basically a guaranteed lottery so not sure how you can over look that. But maybe he thinks herro is that impact kid UK lacked last season?
I mean damn could argue Baker last year could of been that that impact player we needed. How many times could a knock down shooter helped us last year. With Baker on vs k state truly believe we could of got to the NT game.

Maybe he thinks herro could bring that impact guy. And based on his play in Bahamas, wouldn't bet against. Shai past up Florida to prove himself on UK. He worked his ass off and made himself into a lottery pick and highest ceiling pg in that draft. I see that same Dog in herro. Having said that...still think KJs bite is little bigger. When I see him I see a kid that doesn't stop.
Really believe it will be a special season, and if Reid can be that experience we lacked so many times, cant wait for the season to start
Quite a reach. I get it, you're trying to give a logical reason for why Herro is on there, but KJ isn't, but it's not going to work. You say Herro will have a bigger impact because he's a guy that last years team was missing. That's an odd take. Why does last years team matter? We didn't have a Keldon Johnson on last years team either.
Also, KJ isn't a guaranteed lottery pick. If this season plays out like it should, he should be in the lottery, but there are no guarantees there.
You brought up last year several times in your post, why? What does last years UK team have to do with this list?
Bottom line is if Herro is on this list (as he should be) then KJ should be on this list.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Quite a reach. I get it, you're trying to give a logical reason for why Herro is on there, but KJ isn't, but it's not going to work. You say Herro will have a bigger impact because he's a guy that last years team was missing. That's an odd take. Why does last years team matter? We didn't have a Keldon Johnson on last years team either.
Also, KJ isn't a guaranteed lottery pick. If this season plays out like it should, he should be in the lottery, but there are no guarantees there.
You brought up last year several times in your post, why? What does last years UK team have to do with this list?
Bottom line is if Herro is on this list (as he should be) then KJ should be on this list.
Brought up last season for a reason
Impact player sometimes isnt the best. Baker could of last year been a huge impact. I'm not justifying herro over KJs selection. But maybe how hes looking at it. Herro could up better scoring numbers than KJ fyi. But KJ is definitely a lottery. If he isn't I dont see UK winning it all. Sometimes that impact player doesnt get all the glory.

Jimmy dykes

The name you listed spawns one fat emo child per mention. I can't write the name, for fear that another fat emo child will spawn.

g135845675878644121.jpg

Herro will lead UK in scoring so Katz is right there.. But damn not having a 2 way beast in KJ on that list is ridiculous... When RJ Barrett is held under 40% shooting Nov 6th Katz will look foolish!!

Herro will lead UK in scoring so Katz is right there.. But damn not having a 2 way beast in KJ on that list is ridiculous... When RJ Barrett is held under 40% shooting Nov 6th Katz will look foolish!!
IDK, I think there will be games where Herro will torch the nets, but good coaches are going to figure out how to defend him.

This team is going to evolve throughout the season and when it shakes out in the end I think the leading scorer will be Washington or Travis. They're going to make a heck of a living at the free throw line.

But I think there will be several players that average around 16 or 17 a game, Herro and KJ will be in that group, but Wasington and Travis will probably hover around the 19 or 20 ppg average. Herro will be one of the reasons for this because he's going to make the defense come out and guard him.

This team is going to score a lot of points.

Of all the names that were available, Mr. & Mrs. Duke decided to name their son David. Given the name, that's worse than naming him Sue...

ADVERTISEMENT