ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz’s Top 15 impact frosh. Lists only one UK player

I think he was just trying to be balanced. He only had two of Duke’s big 3 frosh, and Duke was only team with 2. I think you cd argue KJ should have made it before Herro.

Reactions: Cardsstink
Did Johnson even start on any of the all-star games (like McDonald's?). Montgomery may not have made it because of your experience in the front court. Not sure why either Hagans or Quickley aren't on the list. They are going to be the engine that drives Kentucky this year. So their impact is going to be seen/felt more so than others on that list.

Did Johnson even start on any of the all-star games (like McDonald's?). Montgomery may not have made it because of your experience in the front court. Not sure why either Hagans or Quickley aren't on the list. They are going to be the engine that drives Kentucky this year. So their impact is going to be seen/felt more so than others on that list.
I don't know if Johnson started the McDs game. But I know he closed it out and shut Barrett down.

You ain’t have bad @Nooneputsbabyinacorner Wish more KU fans were like you.

Start in an All-Star game? You kidding? You don’t know about KJ yet, you gon’ learn, boy.

Funny thing about Andy Katz- he hasn't paid any attention to college basketball since March and hasn't paid any attention to recruiting or incoming freshman since last year at this same time. The other funny thing is that he likely didn't even come up with this list- one of his cronies did. Bottom line: this list is worthless.

If you want to figure out who the impact freshmen are, you need to figure out which ones among the top recruits will be playing major minutes right away. I agree with an above poster that UK is a tough situation since we always have freshmen playing major minutes, but that didn't stop him from putting 2 Dukies on there. The other factor to consider is which teams are expected to be at or near the top of the rankings and seedings come March. If he expects UK to be there, it makes sense to include another UK freshman. Keldon Johnson makes the most sense.

He also likely left off KJ because he knew it would rile UK fans and he'd get more attention.

Last edited:
I thought if only 1 UK player was listed, it would be Johnson. Johnson to me is easily top 5 freshmen in the country. This is goofy.

Reactions: STL_Cat
You are probably right but I would prefer accurate over balance.

Honestly, I think Herro could become that top15 impact freshman, but there's a lot of ball to go around, and our other freshman will figure it out. The list should include Reddish and KJ. Is there room for Herro? Honest question, and unsure myself. I'd have to look at the others.

Reactions: Catclass15
Ideologically speaking, Katz is a Zionist, and therefore will have an extreme view at times.

Get it?

Shareef O'Neel?

Yeah, you know him...

220px-Omar_Sharif_2015.jpg

Reactions: Mr_GG
That putz is just ticking boxes to ensure a broad audience and footprint for his List. UK got one tick (that should have been KJ over TH). dUKe got 2, that's not a shocker.

Reactions: BBUK
Isn't Marcus Bingham the kid who had the REALLY questionable grades coming out of high school and committed to Michigan St.?

Nassir Little was named in the FBI investigation I think and it seems like it has become Rick Pitino's personal mission to see that "the right people" know about Romeo Langford's dads' deal with Adidas.

These 3 kids "may" have eligibility issues come November. Wasn't there a similar list last summer with Billy Preston on it?

This list was probably a "quick hit piece". Write it up, send it in, and go back on vacation. Jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT