ADVERTISEMENT

Andor

ukwizard

All-American
Dec 11, 2002
First 2 episodes are a slow burn which isn't a bad thing. Episode 3 is 🔥. Already better than Boba Fett which is sad to me.

Reactions: J_Dee and BigTyrone
Nobody's "ruined" anything. As Yoda teaches Luke in ESB, we only carry with us what we choose to carry. So if you don't like the Star Wars sequels or prequels or television shows -- then don't carry them around. Focus on something you like instead. :)

I only get Disney+ to watch the Star Wars content and I think my wife cancelled it out after the Kenobi finale. Unless Andor is absolutely incredible, I think I'll just hold off watching it until I sign up again to watch Mandalorian Season 3.

Reactions: Girthang
Only watched the first one so far. Guess it was riveting since it went by so fast. Seemed like 15 minutes except it was 41.

Nobody's "ruined" anything. As Yoda teaches Luke in ESB, we only carry with us what we choose to carry. So if you don't like the Star Wars sequels or prequels or television shows -- then don't carry them around. Focus on something you like instead. :)
Ewoks.

The worst part about Ewoks were they were originally supposed to be Wookies which would have been bad ass. Other than that they don't bug me that much.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Watched all 3. I like the story telling with Andor as he faces another life changing metamorphosis. I see some Obi Wan in it though.

RIP

720.jpg

Reactions: entropy13
I only get Disney+ to watch the Star Wars content and I think my wife cancelled it out after the Kenobi finale. Unless Andor is absolutely incredible, I think I'll just hold off watching it until I sign up again to watch Mandalorian Season 3.

You got yourself a good wife. That Kenobi series was a fkn disaster. Absolutely stupid and nonsensical. There is no logical, moral, or emotional reason not to take Vader's head off when he had the chance. Same goes for Vader letting Kenobi live. Whole series crescendoed into a force, fish slapping contest with absolutely no point or believability.

Watched it for free and still didn't get my money's worth. Only thing I got out of that trash was a few surprises that anyone would be so horrible at writing when they know the beginning AND the end already.

Even if you DIDN'T KNOW you could have saved billions of lives by killing one person, Kenobi still could have and would have killed Vader in a heartbeat. Their duel in the first third of the nightmare built on some decent stories and ideas should tell anyone that.

Since all they're going to do is a money grab, based loosely off of the better writing, FK EM!

Andor is about as interesting as watching paint dry. It all just comes off a unnecessary imo. Literally a spin off show starring a secondary character (who we already know the fate of) from a spin off movie that supposedly resolved a plot hole that never needed to be a plot hole in the first place.

And yes, I realize I’m in the minority with this take.

Last edited:
I have to overule you. Star Wars spies show with a small band of rebel spies against the Imperial equivalent of the CIA. All In.

Plus every character even the small ones feel like real people.

Reactions: 167Hike and GeraldV
How TF 1 good movie, one decent movie, and 7 god awful movies turned into this billion dollar franchise with this massive loyal following and 50 spin-offs. I mean what in the holy f*ck is going on. How did Star Wars become such a thing? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!

How TF 1 good movie, one decent movie, and 7 god awful movies turned into this billion dollar franchise with this massive loyal following and 50 spin-offs. I mean what in the holy f*ck is going on. How did Star Wars become such a thing? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!

2 goodish movies and a lot of crap in between and since. Some cute cartoons and some much better books that they never turned into movies.

It captured the imaginations of many, had an "honor" code people yearn for, and never bothered to address science and math, so it was very available to the general public. There's an endless supply of people and resources, even though most planets seem sparsely populated and somewhat primitive. It's magic without calling it magic.... What's not to love?

Continuity and consistency are non-existent. The "honor" code is flexible. And the magic only works so well and sometimes, depending on whether it makes the fight scenes good. There's little "hope" and even less justice. There's rampant fascism, and the insightful are mostly blind.

It's just a parallel of this world today with better marketing and magic thrown in. Any more questions?

Misery loves company.... Good guys win (sometimes)... Magic that only certain people possess... It's perfect...

Lol. The SW fans will always have hope that the next spinoff will be good. They've been given random rewards with less and less value over the years, so they are conditioned to be happy with whatever the franchise throws to them in their pit of SW Fandom. They are just like either of the huge creatures killed early in the 3rd movie (rotj) and they don't realize it.

Have you been on Tik Tok? People are easily amused these days.

• Love
😄 much anger

I liked Kenobi. And he was never going to straight murder Anakin.

Lol. It's not murder when the opponent wants to kill you... Remember when he thought he'd already killed him?

Anger! Lmao... no... it's just hilarious how poorly done the vast majority of it is and even more funny how they keep selling tickets based on "hope" without anyone getting wise

Last edited:

The OT was the first epic space fantasy. Both kids and adults enjoyed it, which brought people together. Along with Jaws, it created the summer blockbuster movie craze that persists to this day and it was also a big factor in getting home video off the ground. In addition, it launched the popularity of action figures into orbit (without the success of Kenner's Star Wars, there's no He-Man, G.I. Joe: ARAH, Transformers, Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars, etc.). If you were a kid during this time, the entertainment shift was simply incredible. Just read this thread and take what we're saying to heart:

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/star-wars-1977-1999.370883/

I personally don't have much use for Star Wars past the late '90s. To me, the entire work is the OT, specifically the great childhood memories and the value of Luke's journey, the lesson that we should always be objective and never carry around anger and other negative thoughts. But if the newer stuff makes people happy and continues to bring friends and family closer and is helping other make great memories, then I'm totally cool with it. Thanks to the OT, there's no shortage of other entertainment for me to enjoy and learn from. :)

Last edited:
Lol. It's not murder when the opponent wants to kill you... Remember when he thought he'd already killed him?

Anger! Lmao... no... it's just hilarious how poorly done the vast majority of it is and even more funny how they keep selling tickets based on "hope" without anyone getting wise
Well thanks for stopping by. Have fun watching whatever the hell you think is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee
The OT was the first epic space fantasy. Both kids and adults enjoyed it, which brought people together. Along with Jaws, it created the summer blockbuster movie craze that persists to this day and it was also a big factor in getting home video off the ground. In addition, it launched the popularity of action figures into orbit (without the success of Kenner's Star Wars. there's no He-Man, G.I. Joe: ARAH, Transformers, Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars, etc.). If you were a kid during this time, the entertainment shift was simply incredible. Just read this thread and take what we're saying to heart:

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/star-wars-1977-1999.370883/

I personally don't have much use for Star Wars past the late '90s. To me, the entire work is the OT, specifically the great childhood memories and the value of Luke's journey, the lesson that we should always be objective and never carry around anger and other negative thoughts. But if the newer stuff makes people happy and continues to bring friends and family closer and is helping other make great memories, then I'm totally cool with it. Thanks to the OT, there's no shortage of other entertainment for me to enjoy and learn from. :)

It was fun and simple entertainment (looked effortless, though it was far from it). A great mix of samurai and old west duels with spaceships and droids mixed in. Good fun. A good spin off of the Edgar Rice Burroughs series Princess of Mars and such with its own little "magic" woven into it. Great time in cinema to be a kid, teenager, or young adult.

Reactions: J_Dee and hmt5000
It's been okay so far but way too slow. Too much backstory and not enough content. I think there's one episode left and basing on what I've seen so far I wouldn't waste time making a season 2.

I’m through 6 episodes and I think it’s great but it’s doesn’t really feel like Star Wars to me , more just like a random sci-fi show/series, which is fine.

I’m through 6 episodes and I think it’s great but it’s doesn’t really feel like Star Wars to me , more just like a random sci-fi show/series, which is fine.

I hadn't thought of that, but yes it does. More like 2001 but in a series

Andy serkis is amazing. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to play actual roles rather than the usual motion capture gig.

ADVERTISEMENT