ADVERTISEMENT

Already showing their personality

WildmanWilson

Junior
Oct 11, 2010
Seems last year’s team was hard to read and just lacked fire for a long stretch. This team is already very likable and showing emotion and are a joy to watch. Alpha dog personalities and don’t see them backing down from anyone.... Still young. Still a lot to learn but... It’s already fun.

I am not always a fan of gestures after a dunk or made shot but you’re right, I like the enthusiasm and energy on this years team.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Great blend of personalities. The guys have alpha male mentalities but aren't selfish. That's not a shot at last year's team either, it's just a compliment to this mix of players. When you have kids who care about winning first, and just as excited when a teammate makes a play, you have a chance to be special. Genuine enthusiasm for game/teammates, bench into the game, guys playing hard and working hard is the most contagious aspect as everyone wants to be at that level and not be the weak link.

Going to be a fun team to watch and as I told my UK friend who is in the Bahamas watching them in person....Cal's got group who he doesn't have to beg/plea to fight/compete. He just needs to coach and develop which is when he/UK are at their best. When you have to coach guys to work hard, compete/fight, it's a tough and draining job. This will rejuvenate him/staff and already seems to have done so with my BBN friends, and only added 3 more kids to group with his commitments. All self starters/motivated young men who fight/compete and are type you win championships with. Won't have to tell these guys to dive on the floor, play hard, not overlook/respect opponents, etc....

Nice to see some smiles out there. UK gets th too serious no fun much internal pressure rap way too often

Cal called this a “high motor” team. It seems as if he can’t contain his enthusiasm this year.
I really haven’t heard much “we’re young, we are not very good right now....”

Reactions: jmw23712
Keldon Johnson seems to always be smiling and having fun...and at the same time he's ripping his opponent's heart out

Was going to start my own thread with my take but I'll just state it here : If you play devils advocate and say " where are they weak " " Where can you attack a weakness " and I'm not finding much .. Two huge issues with all teams , Defense and rebounding . Man our guards are ball hawks , Hagans is just disruptive as all get out , Quade can guard , KJ looks fine , we sped up a veteran team with our D yesterday . Rebounding .. ours . Just ours . With PJ , Nick , Travis you have three outstanding rebounders . PJ looks fantastic so far . So D and rebounding I cant see any issue there .. Shooting ? after a rough game one we started stroking it . Quade , Herro , Hagans , KJ , all threats . Ball handling ? Speed ? Size ? Shooting ? Hoops IQ ? I'm seeing it all from this bunch right now . Chemistry looks superb . I'm jacked .

So who is todays victim ? What can we expect from them ?

ADVERTISEMENT