ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time NBA Draft Winner GoBigBlueFanGA

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to another edition of Rupp Rafters All-Time NBA Draft. The objective is to draft a team that would win a best of 7 games vs. your opponent. 11 Rounds. 10 Players and 1 HC

Please note that Michael Jordan and Lebron James are not eligible to be drafted.

You will have 4 hours to make a pick. Dead Period is 11 PM - 7 AM

Draft Order

1. @WilmoreCat - Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Paul Pierce, Joel Embiid, Tony Parker, Yao Ming, HC Chuck Daly, David Thompson, Kyle Korver, Zion Williamson

2. @Cowtown Cat - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kawhi Leonard, Bob Cousy, Clyde Drexler, Bob Pettit, Shawn Kemp, Chauncey Billups, HC Pat Riley, Ben Wallace, Andre Iguodala, Earl Monroe

3. @JHannibalSmith - Larry Bird, David Robinson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Chris Mullin, Gary Payton, Pete Maravich, Pau Gasol, Willis Reed, Jimmy Butler, Mark Price, HC Don Nelson

4. @YaySports - Kevin Durant, Kevin Garnett, James Harden, Dennis Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Nikola Jokic, Paul George, HC Greg Popovich, Rudy Gobert, Kevin Johnson, Amare Stoudamire

5. @jrpross - Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Dirk Nowitzki, Rick Barry, HC Phil Jackson, Dwight Howard, Mitch Richmond, Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, Joe Johnson, Robert Parish

6. @GoBigBlue712 - Steph Curry, Elgin Baylor, Moses Malone, Klay Thompson, Jason Kidd, Chris Webber, Manu Ginóbili, Paul Arizin, Bill Walton, HC Steve Kerr, Antoine Walker.

7. @420grover- Shaquille O'Neal, Julius Erving, Dwyane Wade, Kevin McHale, Luka Dončić , Glen Rice, Peja Stojakovic , Tim Hardaway, Arvydas Sabonis, Jamal Mashburn, HC Larry Bird

8. @drcats2013 - Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, James Worthy, Vince Carter, Alonzo Mourning, Penny Hardaway, HC Larry Brown, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen

9. @RunninRichie - John Stockton, George Gervin, George Mikan, Elvin Hayes, Adrian Dantley, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, HC Erik Spoelstra, Artis Gilmore, Drazen Petrovic

10. @DraftCat - Tim Duncan, Scottie Pippen, Dominique Wilkins, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo Anthony, Grant Hill, Russell Westbrook, Dikembe Mutombo, Sidney Moncrief, Nate Thurmond, HC Red Holzman

11. @BigBlueFanGA - Wilt Chamberlain, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Alex English, Damian Lillard, Bernard King, Devin Booker, Dan Issel, Hal Greer, HC Lenny Wilkens

12. @UKRuppster
- Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, John Havlicek, Steve Nash, Walt Frazier, HC Red Auerbach, Sam Jones, Joe Dumars, Jerry Lucas, Shawn Marion, Dave Cowens

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
My guy, @UKRuppster got the shaft! Damn!

Lmao the hilarious thing is I even spent a bit of time thinking about what I'd do if I got the honor of the first pick. I won't say who I'd have taken now since I didn't get it, but that turned out to be a waste of time 🤣 Oh well. But I do get two picks within the top 15, and it's possible someone unexpected or two could fall.

First pick with LeBron and Michael, I'd have likely taken MJ, but LeBron's superior outside shooting would have given me something to think about. First pick without them actually makes it more interesting.

Welcome to another edition of Rupp Rafters All-Time NBA Draft. The objective is to draft a team that would win a best of 7 games vs. your opponent.

Please note that Michael Jordan and Lebron James are not eligible to be drafted.

You will have 6 hours to make a pick this weekend. Cutting it down to 4 starting on Monday. Dead Period is 11 PM - 7 AM

Draft Order

1. @WilmoreCat

2. @Cowtown Cat

3. @JHannibalSmith

4. @YaySports

5. @jrpross

6. @GoBigBlue712

7. @420grover

8. @drcats2013

9. @RunninRichie

10. @DraftCat

11. @BigBlueFanGA

12. @UKRuppster
Now wait just a minute, you said 100 would get me at the top of the pick list.

Since you took him, I'll now give away that Kareem would have been my pick had I gotten the #1 pick.
But I do get Wilmore's thinking behind taking Kobe. He's as close to MJ as you can get in this draft.
I personally think that although Kareem is the all time leading scorer, in a 7 game series there’s no one that has the mentality that Kobe does. He will do whatever it takes to win and the only other person who has that mentality is unavailable in this draft.

Reactions: jmw23712
Not a chance this guy makes it back to me so I’m taking him now & dgaf if he’s not the highest ranked on the board. He’s a cold blooded killer who would tell you exactly how he’s about to beat you. And, maybe the smartest player ever, who did EVERYTHING well. Give me Basketball Jesus, Larry Bird. @YaySports OTC.

Highest ranked on the board is always subjective, and Larry Legend is, at least in my opinion, more than fine at 3 in a draft without Michael and LeBron. It's not a crazy pick at all. FWIW, Inside the NBA did one of these all-time drafts with six people drafting, and Bird went #2 overall. Can't say I was surprised it was his former teammate Kevin McHale who took him. It had to have taken place in 2011 or earlier since the YouTube video of it is from February 2011. Funny thing about that draft is there was a crazy stupid pick first overall, and not so surprisingly, Charles Barkley made it [laughing]

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I personally think that although Kareem is the all time leading scorer, in a 7 game series there’s no one that has the mentality that Kobe does. He will do whatever it takes to win and the only other person who has that mentality is unavailable in this draft.
Maybe but he also had a great cast. Without Shaq, he most likely has fewer rings. He was an unstoppable force.

Last edited:
Yeah. I am. Needed a baseball team and there’s lots of cards fans here in wky. The reds are inept and the owner is a cheapskate. Plus, the cards have bad ass uniforms and logos. What’s not to like?
They are inept. I’m a Reds fan for life, regardless. I’ll take The Big Red Machine of the mid 70s against any team of any era. GOAT. Also had a HOF manager.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Oh I get it. Without Michael being available to draft #1 overall, Kobe is the closest you can come. Here was the birth of the 'Black Mamba', which I still remember very well. And there's no way Kobe was 100 percent for this game. He sprained his ankle pretty good in Game 2 of this series, which forced him out of that game early:

Not a chance this guy makes it back to me so I’m taking him now & dgaf if he’s not the highest ranked on the board. He’s a cold blooded killer who would tell you exactly how he’s about to beat you. And, maybe the smartest player ever, who did EVERYTHING well. Give me Basketball Jesus, Larry Bird. @YaySports OTC.
Solid.

I always liked you, Hannibal. Keyword here: liked.

• Haha
May be viewed as a slight reach by some at 4 but ill take the most complete scorer in history. Give me Kevin Durant.

I'd have strongly considered Durant had he fallen to my back-to-back picks, so obviously I thought it was possible he'd make it to me, though I definitely feel a top 11 pick would have been more than justified. I didn't expect him to go quite this high, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Reactions: YaySports
I'd have strongly considered Durant had he fallen to my back-to-back picks, so obviously I thought it was possible he'd make it to me, though I definitely feel a top 11 pick would have been more than justified. I didn't expect him to go quite this high, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.
Was tough to pass on Magic but point guard a little deeper position. Plus Magic does have some questions as far as perimeter scoring goes, if i had to nit pick an all timer lol. Was a little scared of some of the old school bigs too with how fans would view their games translating to modern day basketball.

Highest ranked on the board is always subjective, and Larry Legend is, at least in my opinion, more than fine at 2 in a draft without Michael and LeBron. It's not a crazy pick at all. FWIW, Inside the NBA did one of these all-time drafts with six people drafting, and Bird went #2 overall. Can't say I was surprised it was his former teammate Kevin McHale who took him. It had to have taken place in 2011 or earlier since the YouTube video of it is from February 2011. Funny thing about that draft is there was a crazy stupid pick first overall, and not so surprisingly, Charles Barkley made it [laughing]

Honestly, I would’ve taken Bird at 1 in this draft just bc he’s the type of player I would want to build my team around & he’d never make it to my 2nd pick. If not for injuries it’s hard telling what kind of numbers he would’ve finished with. And, he was as good in clutch situations as anybody who ever played. I disagree with @WilmoreCat that Kobe & MJ are the only 2 who would do anything to win. Bird epitomized that mentality. His competitiveness & will to win was 2nd to none, IMO. The East was brutal in the 80s & just making the Finals was monumental.

Toward the end, the guy would be in traction all day before games just so he could play. He played hurt for the better part of his career. He was basketball royalty but was on the floor & diving for loose balls like a fringe rookie trying to make the team. I was a Hawks fan & grew up hating Bird bc we couldn’t beat him. And, although I watched & appreciated him at the time, I regret not following more closely & letting hate blind me. In today’s game he would average 35-40 IMO & likely a triple-double. He was an elite shooter, passer, rebounder, defender & winner. Only his rival has a higher winning percentage & it’s only by .001%. And, he was a legit tough guy, as crafty as they come. Without MJ available I would take Bird #1 10 times out of 10.

Honestly, I would’ve taken Bird at 1 in this draft just bc he’s the type of player I would want to build my team around & he’d never make it to my 2nd pick. If not for injuries it’s hard telling what kind of numbers he would’ve finished with. And, he was as good in clutch situations as anybody who ever played. I disagree with @WilmoreCat that Kobe & MJ are the only 2 who would do anything to win. Bird epitomized that mentality. His competitiveness & will to win was 2nd to none, IMO. The East was brutal in the 80s & just making the Finals was monumental.

Toward the end, the guy would be in traction all day before games just so he could play. He played hurt for the better part of his career. He was basketball royalty but was on the floor & diving for loose balls like a fringe rookie trying to make the team. I was a Hawks fan & grew up hating Bird bc we couldn’t beat him. And, although I watched & appreciated him at the time, I regret not following more closely & letting hate blind me. In today’s game he would average 35-40 IMO & likely a triple-double. He was an elite shooter, passer, rebounder, defender & winner. Only his rival has a higher winning percentage & it’s only by .001%. And, he was a legit tough guy, as crafty as they come. Without MJ available I would take Bird #1 10 times out of 10.
my exact thoughts!

Highest ranked on the board is always subjective, and Larry Legend is, at least in my opinion, more than fine at 3 in a draft without Michael and LeBron. It's not a crazy pick at all. FWIW, Inside the NBA did one of these all-time drafts with six people drafting, and Bird went #2 overall. Can't say I was surprised it was his former teammate Kevin McHale who took him. It had to have taken place in 2011 or earlier since the YouTube video of it is from February 2011. Funny thing about that draft is there was a crazy stupid pick first overall, and not so surprisingly, Charles Barkley made it [laughing]

I forgot to ask in my last post but who did Barkley take at 1?

I disagree with @WilmoreCat that Kobe & MJ are the only 2 who would do anything to win.

I don't agree with that either. Plenty of guys in an all-time mock who would do whatever it took to win. But if Wilmore did want the closest to Michael Jordan he could get, I definitely understand taking Kobe. There's no need to justify taking Larry Bird at 3. At absolute lowest, I thought he'd go 6 or 7, long before I got to make my picks.

If I’m thinking of the same draft, Chuck took Allen Iverson #1[roll]

Charles said he thought it was an All-Star Game setting or something to that extent when the idea was just try and build the best possible team you can for I'd assume a best of 5 or 7 series. As I said already, I liked Allen Iverson, so I'm not hating on him at all, but him at #1 overall is a pretty awful pick lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT