Dec 29, 2003
Can you come up with one to beat mine?

PG Brandon Knight
SG Aaron Harrison
SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF Julius Randle
C Anthony Davis
6 Darius Miller

PG-Brandon Knight or a wildcard could be Marquis Teague.

SG-Malik Monk or Doron Lamb

G/F-Aaron Harrison

PF-Julius Randle

C-Anthony Davis/Karl Anthony-Towns

6th Man-Darius Miller. His senior year the team really starting bashing opponents when he got rolling, and he was unconscious from range and ft line once Tournament started.

Knight
Monk
Aaron
Randle
Davis

Honorable mention: Darius, Cousins, MKG, Murray, Wall

Clutch isn't JUST shooting, although I agree with most picks here.

Guys like MKG, Cousins, Ulis came up big in so many ways.. Those guys were clutch when it came to grinding out wins, even if they weren't hitting shot after shot.

Reactions: 78Gooses
What am I missing about Randle?

He was a great talent but he did a lot of things that weren't clutch. A great finisher and bruiser in the paint, but his year long inability to recognize double and triple teams hurt us.

I'd put Cousins in over him, simply for swinging his nuts all over Miss St in the final seconds.

He was a great talent but he did a lot of things that weren't clutch. A great finisher and bruiser in the paint, but his year long inability to recognize double and triple teams hurt us.

I'd put Cousins in over him, simply for swinging his nuts all over Miss St in the final seconds.

Everyone remembers Aaron hitting the final shots. But it was Randle who kept us close in the final mins for Aaron to get those shots. Give the ball to randle and he went to work.

I would also give Liggins so love. He locked down the best player in crunch time every time (except kemba)

Knight
Aaron
Monk
MKG
Davis

thread over...

20110325OhioState3.jpg
18kentucky1-popup.jpg

aaron-harrison.png
malikmonk.jpg

kentuckys-michael-kiddgilchrist-left-blocks-the-shot-of-tyshawn-of-picture-id142355034
71938d936f554c802ecada7bcfdc37de.jpg

Last edited:
Knight
Monk
Aa Harrison
Davis
Towns

6th: Miller
No randle is no bueno. What a wonderful thing it is to have a 6'9" rebounding dynamo that doesnt miss free throws in the clutch. Dont think he ever missed one that mattered. And he took a lot of them.

Knight, monk and Aaron......

Insane what the three did....and Knight and Aaron did it mostly in the tournament....

I remember Knight even hit the buzzer beater in the McDonald All-American game that year.

And Freshmen fold in when it counts, singed OSU, Wisconsin, UofL, Michigan, UGA, UNC, and many others...

Reactions: brianpoe

He scored the go ahead basket in a few games that season and his ability to finally pass got us to the Final Game!!!! Wins in November to Feb really don't matter. He learned FINALLY

I was going for dramatic effect. Not sure I remember KAT or Lamb providing late game clutch heroics...?

Definitely very dependable players from start to finish.
Except for the fact KAT won us many games we could've easily lost that year, he bailed us out with his low post game a lot like against ND and when we should've beat Wisconsin. Unstoppable in the last 6 minutes of games

Except for the fact KAT won us many games we could've easily lost that year, he bailed us out with his low post game a lot like against ND and when we should've beat Wisconsin. Unstoppable in the last 6 minutes of games

But we lost... Sean Woods isn't considered clutch because of Laettner.

MKG was unreal the last few minutes of a title game - causing a travel by a 3 point shooter and incredibly blocking a reverse layup from behind.

And we won.

KAT was definitely our go to guy whenever we needed a basket, no disagreement there.

Aaron Harrison ?

I mean, Doron Lamb basically won us a title with his clutch shooting... some people sure do have short memories. You'd think he'd be more appreciated given how all of our recent star SGs have flamed out in March.

I mean, Doron Lamb basically won us a title with his clutch shooting..I . some people sure do have short memories. You'd think he'd be more appreciated given how all of our recent star SGs have flamed out in March.

I don't remember Lamb being better in the last two minutes than he was the rest of the game, and that's what this thread is about. Didn't Lamb miss two free throws in the last five minutes of the national championship game?

He would be at the top of my all-shooting team.

MKG was unreal the last few minutes of a title game - causing a travel by a 3 point shooter and incredibly blocking a reverse layup from behind.

Actually Davis caused that travel. But MKG scored two quick baskets when Louisville tied us in the Final Four. It was like he said "alright, enough of this crap." Then Darius hit the three.

Actually Davis caused that travel. But MKG scored two quick baskets when Louisville tied us in the Final Four. It was like he said "alright, enough of this crap." Then Darius hit the three.

Good call on Davis. MKG and the rest were playing some hellacious D the end of that game as well. Good thing too, with Cal going stall ball as usual...

I liked Darius a lot, but clutch?

A lot of people don't realize how clutch Darius was.He had a lot of big baskets over the championship year when the rookies we'really lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT