ADVERTISEMENT

Alford says

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
There have been fake reports and he loves UCLA and LA area..... he sounded genuine. Don't think IU wants to pay the tax of 11 million plus salary

Goodman interviewed him and he said he won't go to ucla, absolutely 100 percent

Dickie V is an idiot and if it turns out he's right, it's just dumb luck.

Reactions: Bryo72
Very weird that he waited until after the game to address it. Had several chances to say that before the game. Odd.

Alford was told he wasn't IU's first choice. Told them to pound sand when he heard it

Seems like I read that Bobby Knights guys would disown IU as long as Bob is still alive. If Alford takes the job, it will be interesting to see if Knight calls him out.

Here you go again! Seriously?

There is no way you could know that and if you did, you sure as hell wouldn't be on a UK site letting the beans spill. Give it a rest!

Here I go again? Give it a rest?

does this approach actually work for you, or are you just giving this whole talking on the internet a trial run to see if you like it?

I heard they offered him a large cornfield if he came back to Bloomington...
If they throw in a John Deere tractor ole Steve is coming home. But that would be a huge perk for Indiana and I am not sure they will go that far. Maybe a one eyed mule but probably not a John Deere

Indiana gave an offer that is a condition

The one condition was if Kentucky whoops that ass, we don't want you. Beating Kentucky is al that matters as an Indiana coach.

Who is IU's first choice?

no idea, guy that I've been following on the IU board for the past couple of months based on his past posts is connected to someone. He talked about when and why Crean was going to be fired. Talked about who was wanting Alford and who wasn't.

What he said was Alford isn't the direction they want to go in and Alford got upset about it. He also said that for them to say Alford isn't the first choice, they are going after someone big. But he couldn't give any info on Donovan, other than confirm that Donovan did arrive in Bloomington for a couple of hours yesterday. From IU's perspective, Alford isn't out of the running, they just need to hear no from at least one bigger name. But apparently from Alford's perspective, if he wasn't their first choice he isn't interested.

I don't think IU believes him however.

Believe or don't believe him but the posters name is Fpeaugh. From what I can tell he's on the money when he says something.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT