ADVERTISEMENT

Alamaba has weak schedule

Alabama is to football, as UK is to basketball. I lived in Alabama when I was in pilot training in the Air Force. I am not an Alabama fan, but I attended Alabama football games. I always found the fans to be very courteous. Their proud of their football, just as we're proud of our basketball. I keep hoping that we can elevate our football program to be able to compete with Alabama. I see nothing wrong with showing support for your team. I know a lot of UK fans do. I just got back from Marlin fishing in Cabo, Mexico, and saw at least 20 people at the Hilton Beach and Golf Club wearing UK shirts. We watched the game with TA&M in the lounge. GREAT TIME!

For the poster that said I would probably catch a world record, I didn't, it was only a 400 pound Blue.Marlin, but it was fun. That's what retirement is about.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Alabama is to football, as UK is to basketball. I lived in Alabama when I was in pilot training in the Air Force. I am not an Alabama fan, but I attended Alabama football games. I always found the fans to be very courteous. Their proud of their football, just as we're proud of our basketball. I keep hoping that we can elevate our football program to be able to compete with Alabama. I see nothing wrong with showing support for your team. I know a lot of UK fans do. I just got back from Marlin fishing in Cabo, Mexico, and saw at least 20 people at the Hilton Beach and Golf Club wearing UK shirts. We watched the game with TA&M in the lounge. GREAT TIME!

For the poster that said I would probably catch a world record, I didn't, it was only a 400 pound Blue.Marlin, but it was fun. That's what retirement is about.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY
Damn what’s the record for one of those?!?

I am always an SEC fan but I hope someone beats the crap out of them this year. I think they cheat and Sabin is arrogant. Everyone in the state has Alabama crap on everyday, I lived there for a few months. The cars all have Alabama crap all over them.
Why would they have to cheat? If vandy starts landing tons of 5 star recruits then I'll say..yeah something might be happening. But when the most historical football blue blood succeeds I dont think so.

Biggest problem in American culture right now...Hater life. Ppl hate successful people and always have to claim ppl took a short cut to get there rather than self reflect why they themselves arent.

Win at football...gotta be cheating
Get 1 and dones... gotta be cheating
Win an election...gotta be interference
Build a successful business..you dont deserve the money you earned the govt needs to decide.
Etc etc etc. And on and on

Bama’s big. Ooc game was supposed to be UL. UL tricked them by sucking far worse than anyone could imagine. Brilliant strategy by Petrino. (Joking).
Bama also plays some cupcakes and justifies it by their conference schedule. Auburn is also trying to trick Bama by sucking really bad also.
A&M is a really good team that Bama made to look pretty average. The LSU game may be interesting. I hope we can give them a decent game in Atlanta after we take care of our business in the next 6 games

Reactions: RV2
Alabama is to football, as UK is to basketball. I lived in Alabama when I was in pilot training in the Air Force. I am not an Alabama fan, but I attended Alabama football games. I always found the fans to be very courteous. Their proud of their football, just as we're proud of our basketball. I keep hoping that we can elevate our football program to be able to compete with Alabama. I see nothing wrong with showing support for your team. I know a lot of UK fans do......

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY
Agree. Lived in Atlanta for many years. Was married to a Bama girl. Her whole family were from Alabama (related to the band 'Alabama'). Were big Bama fans and boosters and got to know many others. They're much like UK fans in b'ball. Very proud (should be), passionate, and a 'me against the Bama hating world' mentality (much like many UK fans are in b'ball).

Which is completely your prerogative, sir. With that said, I have a very different position than you on this particular issue. Most of my friends are Big 10 fans, who like to talk trash about the SEC- and I pay them back in spades.
Why would they have to cheat? If vandy starts landing tons of 5 star recruits then I'll say..yeah something might be happening. But when the most historical football blue blood succeeds I dont think so.

Biggest problem in American culture right now...Hater life. Ppl hate successful people and always have to claim ppl took a short cut to get there rather than self reflect why they themselves arent.

Win at football...gotta be cheating
Get 1 and dones... gotta be cheating
Win an election...gotta be interference
Build a successful business..you dont deserve the money you earned the govt needs to decide.
Etc etc etc. And on and on
alabama cheats. They always have.

https://totalfratmove.com/alabama-football-is-the-best-car-dealership-in-the-country/

Reactions: 1977CatFan
Agree. Lived in Atlanta for many years. Was married to a Bama girl. Her whole family were from Alabama (related to the band 'Alabama'). Were big Bama fans and boosters and got to know many others. They're much like UK fans in b'ball. Very proud (should be), passionate, and a 'me against the Bama hating world' mentality (much like many UK fans are in b'ball).
I hate these comparisons. Alabama football fans are worse. Just idiots

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY
Of course they’re courteous when they kick our asses

Bama seems to be in a league of their own, but shame on them for making UofL their hardest OOC game.

In Bamas defense this game was scheduled 2-3 years ago while Louisville was consistently ranked in the top 20. Besides you do know Louisville is also our toughest OOC opponent.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Clemson does not play a ranked team the whole season.

This. Alabama has already beat a&m, will dominate lsu and play a very good team in sec championship.

Clemson and nd and osu haven't really played anyone either. No one really good that is

They better win them all, they lose and they will drop 10 places, the schedule is very weak.

When has Alabama not had a weak schedule? When have they played a tough out of conference game or on the road for that matter?

Look at their schedule before the playoffs last year- garbage.

Their only game this year before the postseason will be LSU.

In Bamas defense this game was scheduled 2-3 years ago while Louisville was consistently ranked in the top 20. Besides you do know Louisville is also our toughest OOC opponent.

It's not a UK or Bama problem, it's a college football problem and one reason attendance is suffering. Who wants to pay to watch three or sometimes even four non-competitive OOC games a year?

Without the money gained from P5 schools those other schools would struggle to keep their programs afloat.

Nearly every P5 school schedules one P5 OOC school annually, sometimes 2. You folks can't seem to get your head around what a meat-grinder the SEC actually is. I can't imagine what it would have been like to play 8 SEC games and then 4 P5 OOC schools in the shape we were in a couple of years ago. Would be a nightmare scenario.

When has Alabama not had a weak schedule? When have they played a tough out of conference game or on the road for that matter?

Look at their schedule before the playoffs last year- garbage.

Their only game this year before the postseason will be LSU.

They played 3/4 regular season games against top 20 opponents. You need to double check things. And it's not Alabama's fault that FSU sucked last year. They scheduled a tough OOC opponent and then that opponent flopped.

Again, what makes Clemson and OSU's schedules so superior? I'm not seeing the gauntlet of difficult teams for any of the playoff teams to be honest. That's because college football is water downed and blah this season and there is a big gap from the top to everyone else.

I am always an SEC fan but I hope someone beats the crap out of them this year. I think they cheat and Sabin is arrogant. Everyone in the state has Alabama crap on everyday, I lived there for a few months. The cars all have Alabama crap all over them.
I don’t know about the cheating part, that’s just not something I’m going to go agree with without a reason to believe so, but Saban is an irritating, classless, and miserable ahole.

The Louisville schedule is also weak- and, yet, they've already lose FIVE. Already!
The good news is they don't have 10 spots to drop after their next loss,or the one after that ,or the one after that.or the................well you get the picture:D

They were probably banking on the ACC opponent they played in OOC to be a lot better considering the ACC is the greatest football conference ever.

They also caught a break with their East opponents this year, not a whole lot they can do about that.

In general, the top tier of CFB is starting to separate itself from even the very next tier which is really making the regular season disinteresting. On top of that, the separation is starting to happen within the conferences. Things don't get exciting til late in the season with rivalry week which typically has big implications and conference title time.

I've always been an advocate of NCAA enforcing the schedule a bit more in terms of OOC difficulty by cutting out at least one cupcake. Either add another conference game or make a rule that says P5 teams have to schedule another P5 team in that slot.

However, the only way coaches and programs would buy into that is if the playoffs were expanded to where there was enough room for multiple loss teams to get in. Kind of hard to tell folks to play tougher teams or add a conference game and then at season's end tell them they're not getting in with one or two losses because there's not enough room.

Even with 9 conference games or playing another P5 I'm not sure that totally fixes the problem due to the aforementioned separation occurring at the top of CFB. I think Bama wins comfortably against Texas, USC, Michigan or anyone else in that group and a ninth conference game doesn't guarantee any more difficulty. They wouldn't draw the top 3 teams in the east every year, and even if there were times that all three of their east opponents were ranked, they'd still blow out 2 of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT