ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama

PhattyJ4UK

All-American
Nov 7, 2008
Looks like the other freshman QB is impressing big time.

Not a wise move for the "other" Bama qb recruit.

Looks like the other freshman QB is impressing big time.

Not a wise move for the "other" Bama qb recruit.

Jones is overmatched but I don't think that was unexpected. No question he'll RS. But if Tug throws like he has today Jones will have a short Bama career.

Haven't seen Harris.

Jones with another pick. He threw a little better but he's just so far behind physically.

Jones is overmatched but I don't think that was unexpected. No question he'll RS. But if Tug throws like he has today Jones will have a short Bama career.

Haven't seen Harris.
`
Not sure where he was but the 240# beast has arrived the other RB appeared to have moved ahead of him by the years end, and they brought in not just the #1 RB in the class but the #1 overall recruit by some ratings. Such is life at Bama.

`
Not sure where he was but the 240# beast has arrived the other RB appeared to have moved ahead of him by the years end, and they brought in not just the #1 RB in the class but the #1 overall recruit by some ratings. Such is life at Bama.
Damien, Scarbrough and Emmons are banged up. I think that Damien will be our #2 behind Scarbrough, but it will be interesting to see how Najee Harris performs. I think it's important to be cautious and not pencil him in as the #1 right away. I remember last year when some folks in the media thought that Emmons would be ahead of Damien and Josh Jacobs, and he didn't get much playing time. IIRC, you were very adamant that would be the case, Jauk. Emmons is a quality back, but the '16 RB class was pretty weak and I always thought that he wasn't as good as his ranking indicated. He is coming off of an injury and I hope he can be at 100%.

Unfortunately, if you're deep at certain positions, not everyone can play. Because of that, you see guys getting passed on the depth chart and they either graduate with not as much PT as they had hoped, transfer, or decide to go pro before they should. The latter happened with a Safety of ours in 2013, and I think that Lacy could've used another year. Maybe he thought that Yeldon would take a big step forward in his second year and that Derrick Henry would be the man from day 1? I'm not really sure. This seems to occur at places like Bama, OSU, FSU, etc., and will start to happen at Michigan and Georgia with the way that Harbaugh and Kirby will be stacking classes. This doesn't just happen in football, mind you. We see this in college basketball as well, especially at Duke and UK where guys get passed over on the depth chart and transfer or decide to go pro before they should. There's nothing wrong with that, but it happens and unfortunately not everyone can play.

Wish people would stop wasting a second of their lives concerned about our former qb commit; Tua`s performance ought to slam shut the chances Williams flips to Tide, be excited an happy about that folks. Live in the precious present not miserable past.

Damien, Scarbrough and Emmons are banged up. I think that Damien will be our #2 behind Scarbrough, but it will be interesting to see how Najee Harris performs. I think it's important to be cautious and not pencil him in as the #1 right away. I remember last year when some folks in the media thought that Emmons would be ahead of Damien and Josh Jacobs, and he didn't get much playing time. IIRC, you were very adamant that would be the case, Jauk. Emmons is a quality back, but the '16 RB class was pretty weak and I always thought that he wasn't as good as his ranking indicated. He is coming off of an injury and I hope he can be at 100%.

Unfortunately, if you're deep at certain positions, not everyone can play. Because of that, you see guys getting passed on the depth chart and they either graduate with not as much PT as they had hoped, transfer, or decide to go pro before they should. The latter happened with a Safety of ours in 2013, and I think that Lacy could've used another year. Maybe he thought that Yeldon would take a big step forward in his second year and that Derrick Henry would be the man from day 1? I'm not really sure. This seems to occur at places like Bama, OSU, FSU, etc., and will start to happen at Michigan and Georgia with the way that Harbaugh and Kirby will be stacking classes. This doesn't just happen in football, mind you. We see this in college basketball as well, especially at Duke and UK where guys get passed over on the depth chart and transfer or decide to go pro before they should. There's nothing wrong with that, but it happens and unfortunately not everyone can play.
Mac Jones made a very stupid decision i only say that because your present QB is not gonna be unseated by ANYONE for 2-3 more years, and then, this #1 Qb you just got will take over. Mac Jones could be at Bama 7 years and still never play one down.

You guys are way to good he did not think things through. He will transfer what a waste smh.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else, I may have mentioned Emmons but Scarborough, a five star beast that had a year in at Bama already and fits the big back role that Saban likes is who I thought would keep Damien on the bench for now-------and of course we already see the new talent piling up.

ADVERTISEMENT