ADVERTISEMENT

Ala Fires DC - Hold onto White!

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
I’ve heard out of state sports people talk about the high turnover rate with Ala football assistants. Saban obviously keeps list of people that impress him. On more than one occasion they have mentioned Brad White.

That’s a major stepping stone for a coordinator that wants a top flight job for first HC job.

In my opinion we have the best coaching staff in the last 50 years. (HC, DC, OC, + VM) We need to keep White, Coen and Marrow together for 2-3 years!

Give BW whatever it takes to keep him! Put these men on a 3 year plan for big success then set them on their way to become HC’s. Success breeds success. If they succeed Stoops will be able to fill their shoes with top flight coordinators.

But ... we need to keep BW a couple more years!!!

Multiple reports have suggested that Georgia co-defensive coordinator Glenn Schumann could be in the mix, as Pat Smith of WJOX reported, along with Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports and The Athletic. Feldman also mentioned former Wisconsin defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard and Jeremy Pruitt, the former Tennessee coach and Alabama DC.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...rge-to-be-alabamas-new-defensive-coordinator/

Where is Muschamp? He’s on staff somewhere in the South.

Let Saban have Muschamp.

Didn't hear he was fired but did see where he went to Ole Miss.
I don't think anyone chooses to trade down from Bama to OM. I think this is like when Stoops "homed" DJ Eliot in Colorado. Saban told him to find a new job and helped him exit gracefully.

Wonder where OM's DC ends up. Was a high school only six or seven years ago.

I’ve heard out of state sports people talk about the high turnover rate with Ala football assistants. Saban obviously keeps list of people that impress him. On more than one occasion they have mentioned Brad White.

That’s a major stepping stone for a coordinator that wants a top flight job for first HC job.

In my opinion we have the best coaching staff in the last 50 years. (HC, DC, OC, + VM) We need to keep White, Coen and Marrow together for 2-3 years!

Give BW whatever it takes to keep him! Put these men on a 3 year plan for big success then set them on their way to become HC’s. Success breeds success. If they succeed Stoops will be able to fill their shoes with top flight coordinators.

But ... we need to keep BW a couple more years!!!
There is no substance to your concern. A year ago, Brad White turned down a much higher salary offer from LSU to stay at UK. At the time, Coach White made it clear that he is happy here. This is not to say that he will never leave, since I don't have a crystal ball. But, based on what he said a year ago, there appears to be no reason to fear that he will make a lateral move.

There is no substance to your concern. A year ago, Brad White turned down a much higher salary offer from LSU to stay at UK. At the time, Coach White made it clear that he is happy here. This is not to say that he will never leave, since I don't have a crystal ball. But, based on what he said a year ago, there appears to be no reason to fear that he will make a lateral move.

Agreed, but uk to bama for the same position isn't REALLY a lateral move.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Being coordinator with Saban as he gets ready to ride off into sunset could be great or disastrous. In my opinion, one of Stoops’ greatest strengths is culture building. Coaches and players really enjoy being part of the program. Yet, I think White will at least listen to Saban’s pitch if the call is made.

The best news is we have 2 coordinators that are in high demand. BW turned down LSU and Coen became OC of Super Bowl champs.

Ole Miss fans ought to be pissed their coach is doing a personal favor for his daddy, & taking his trash DC off his hands

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Agreed, but uk to bama for the same position isn't REALLY a lateral move.
You are right. It is a step down.

Going from coaching for a "players coach" like CMS to slaving for a tyrant like Nick Saban will not be a fun move for White.

Especially with Nicky trying to cling to the steps of the SEC throne that Kirby has ripped out of Nick's grubby little hands after a decade of dominance.

NS will be driving his coaches and players like a team of rented mules this year to gain back his position in the conference.

Brad White doesn't strike me as having the type of personality that it would take to deal with NS demands of his coaches and their players they are responsible for.

Going from coaching for a "players coach" like CMS to slaving for a tyrant like Nick Saban will not be a fun move for White.

Especially with Nicky trying to cling to the steps of the SEC throne that Kirby has ripped out of Nick's grubby little hands after a decade of dominance.

NS will be driving his coaches and players like a team of rented mules this year to gain back his position in the conference.

Brad White doesn't strike me as having the type of personality that it would take to deal with NS demands of his coaches and their players they are responsible for.

Don't you think all successful coaches have that drive? UGA coaches went to 100 Georgia high schools yesterday, 10 each. After getting back to Athens around 7:30Tuesday night. They will hit the other 400 or so this coming week. He is very demanding of his staff.

Reactions: satcheluk

Saban is the best and most successful college football coach of this era. That is indisputable. He has adapted to the evolving game, and he has out-recruited and out-schemed everyone else until his protege Kirby Smart just won two straight championships at GA. Saban is a success story who doesn't have to cling to anything. His methods are proven.

However, Brad White isn't going anywhere. Someday, White will be a head coach. For now, he is happy in Lexington, and that is exactly what he has said when other opportunities (like LSU) have arisen.

Don't you think all successful coaches have that drive? UGA coaches went to 100 Georgia high schools yesterday, 10 each. After getting back to Athens around 7:30Tuesday night. They will hit the other 400 or so this coming week. He is very demanding of his staff.

^^^This

You don’t think Stoops asks a lot of his assistants?
There is NO SUBSTITUTE for hard work. All driven, successful people know this.

BW may or may not be in the conversation for Bama, but he won’t be asked to do anything he’s not already doing if he leaves Lexington.

Nick Saban is the best for a reason. He demands it of HIMSELF, his players and his staff.

Reactions: The 5th quarter
^^^This

You don’t think Stoops asks a lot of his assistants?
There is NO SUBSTITUTE for hard work. All driven, successful people know this.

BW may or may not be in the conversation for Bama, but he won’t be asked to do anything he’s not already doing if he leaves Lexington.

Nick Saban is the best for a reason. He demands it of HIMSELF, his players and his staff.

I can't speak for CMS, but I suspected he was driven like Saban, Kirby and the other successful coaches. Mullen was not and he didn't last long where expectations are high.

Reactions: mrschwump
I don't think anyone chooses to trade down from Bama to OM. I think this is like when Stoops "homed" DJ Eliot in Colorado. Saban told him to find a new job and helped him exit gracefully.

When Kirby was DC at Bama and flirted with the DC job at UGA, Saban commented publicly that his assistants don’t leave for lateral moves.

So, when a Saban assistant leaves for a lateral move . . .

Reactions: YaketySax

I believe he is now the DC at Texas A&M.

Read an article that had White as the third choice. Schumann of GA was the second choice and Pruitt was the number one choice.
I think Saban would like to hire Pruitt because he already knows how Pruitt handles that job, but he will think better of it. Pruitt was recently fired for cheating at Tennessee. When it gets down to decision time, I think Saban will hire someone who doesn't have the big red X on their back. But it will not be Brad White, because White doesn't think like Eric Wolford thinks.

Saban is the best and most successful college football coach of this era. That is indisputable. He has adapted to the evolving game, and he has out-recruited and out-schemed everyone else until his protege Kirby Smart just won two straight championships at GA. Saban is a success story who doesn't have to cling to anything. His methods are proven.

However, Brad White isn't going anywhere. Someday, White will be a head coach. For now, he is happy in Lexington, and that is exactly what he has said when other opportunities (like LSU) have arisen.
We had Brad over to speak to our men's group at church last year and he told a story about him being an up and comer and climbing the carreer ladder and he was coaching with the Colts in Indy and working all day and all night and just wasnt happy at all.

Then driving to the office one day it hit him that he needed to refocus his life and his priorities (faith and family) in order to find happiness again. Ever since he learned to appreciate a good situation and feels like he found that here. He likes the idea of having an impact on the young guys and spends time with his players in bible studies etc now and said the culture here from the administration on down fits him and gives him the freedom to do things like that.

This doesnt mean he'll stay forever, nobody ever does, but he does have a good situation here that he likes to where money or prestige alone will not likely draw him away.

Saban won't be allowed by SEC office to hire Pruitt as DC, he can only bring him in as off the field low profile analyst.

I would love to know the percentage of your posts that (somehow in the world), somehow always end up being about Georgia instead of the topic. We all know Georgia is good at football right now. I understand if the topic is about Georgia, but it’s amazing how you can make every single topic end up being about your team. I like you and you’re a good guy but you definitely have a talent with this. Maybe we need you in the White House to keep bringing up a better economy. Ha. Go CATS!! Damn, I thought, Georgia played Kentucky this year after writing Go Cats. Lol.

I would love to know the percentage of your posts that (somehow in the world), somehow always end up being about Georgia instead of the topic. We all know Georgia is good at football right now. I understand if the topic is about Georgia, but it’s amazing how you can make every single topic end up being about your team. I like you and you’re a good guy but you definitely have a talent with this. Maybe we need you in the White House to keep bringing up a better economy. Ha. Go CATS!! Damn, I thought, Georgia played Kentucky this year after writing Go Cats. Lol.

I will try to do better, but Bama is without a DC and one of UGA's Co DC is a top target. It would be a boost for everyone in the East this fall if he left.

Reactions: mrschwump
Hard work generally outperforms intelligence. When you combine both, that's when you often see elite.

ADVERTISEMENT