ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Igiedon 4* Center

Louisville wants him badly, and Pitt has come calling since Capel took the job. He said he'd try to cut his list to 10 at the end of the summer, but he also said he's waiting to see if a couple of schools offer. I bet we're one of them.

He's also an AAU teammate of Lewis and Antoine. Teams pursuing those guys are going to make him a priority, I bet. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nova, Florida and Duke jump in heavy.

This came out last week. I’m doubting UK makes him a priority but if they lose everyone in the font court like it’s expected I could see em turning up the heat.

Reactions: Catzman
This came out last week. I’m doubting UK makes him a priority
Depends on what you call a priority. There are some very good high school players without current UK scholarship offers who will eventually receive them and get recruited harder by Calipari’s staff. (Like Montgomery in this year’s class.) Right now, our fans and to a certain extent our coaches are worrying about what Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel will do. But a year from now, every current UK forward and center, including Montgomery, may very well be gone. James Wiseman can’t play every baseline position. We won’t get both Wiseman and Carey, like everyone wants. There will be scholarships available for other baseline players, and Igiedon is almost certainly on Calipari’s list of the better possibilities.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think U6 wants everyone badly right now. They have literally offered 32 players in the 2019 class.

Mack’s recruiting strategy thus far has been hilarious. I don’t think I’ve checked a 247 player profile in the last two months where the player didn’t have a Louisville offer. Right now, having an offer from Louisville for men’s basketball is like having a Baltic Ave. sticker for McDonald’s Monopoly.

I wonder when is the last time that a blue blood program landed 3 players from the same high school team?

Two from the same team is pretty easy, even for UK recent history. Sure, I can cheat and take the Harrison twins. [winking]

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Mack’s recruiting strategy thus far has been hilarious. I don’t think I’ve checked a 247 player profile in the last two months where the player didn’t have a Louisville offer. Right now, having an offer from Louisville for men’s basketball is like having a Baltic Ave. sticker for McDonald’s Monopoly.
He has no choice. Recruiting players to a program about to get nailed with sanctions is difficult. So he is throwing mud at the wall to see if anything sticks. It will be several years before Mack can recruit top level players to that cesspool.

Dude probably has a wife and a mortgage. Let's hope bam doesn't take him t9o eat. I wouldn't want "bad lunch"

How in the world does a junior in high school look like that? That said, sign him up Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT