ADVERTISEMENT

After Ohio State's loss tonight, Duke will have played TWO ranked teams all season!

slford00

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2004
Tonight #23 Ohio State lost at HOME to a BAD Nebraska team and will finish the season unranked.

That means when the final AP poll rankings come out next week, Duke will finish regular season with:

- All 4 losses to unranked teams (2 at home)

- Having not played a ranked team since November 26th (!)

- Having played only TWO (2!) ranked teams all season (UK and Gonzaga)*

While they're inevitably going to win the ACC tourney and get a 1 seed (🤮), this Duke team has a terrible resume and hasn't been tested in months. I bet they go out in the first weekend.

*Unfortunately, they did win both of these games lol

The point is still legit. Are we really gong to reward Duke with a one seed playing that BS schedule while have some really bad losses?

So no Sec Teams get a one seed while having to knock each other down a seed line between Ky, Auburn, Arkansas and Tennessee….is that cool?

At the same time, Arizona has a SOS of 64 and they are going to end up with a similar mark. Gonzaga will finish outside of the top 100 in SOS.

Ultimately, nobody really cares if you win most/all of them. It may help you prepare for the NCAA Tournament but if Kentucky schedules VCU and Fresno State instead of Duke and Notre Dame, they are 26-4, with two more "quad 1" wins and is a LOCK for a #1 seed.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The point is still legit. Are we really gong to reward Duke with a one seed playing that BS schedule while have some really bad losses?

So no Sec Teams get a one seed while having to knock each other down a seed line between Ky, Auburn, Arkansas and Tennessee….is that cool?
I think the #1 seeds will be: Gonzaga, Auburn, Arizona, and maybe Kentucky (if we win the next three games). If UK doesn't end up in the SEC final, I think Duke gets the last #1 seed.

Will it be fair? No, but this is K's swan song.

Yo you better hope nobody loses in front of Duke because they got 11 votes from from the AP voters for first place. If you don't think there's a bias to put Duke as the number one overall ****ing seed you're crazier than hell.
And if you don't think Duke ain't making it to the final four you've lost your mind. They will have everything they've ever had in the thirty years they've ever had it and will be brought out in the tournament to get them to the Final Four. I'm talking about refs. I'm talking about anyway and always to get Coach K to the final four they will try it. They will get the best road to the final four they won't have to play much anybody just be prepared for it and remember Kentucky and Duke in the championship on the 30th anniversary of the game... you know THE game.
I said it before and I'll say it again the unforgettables will be Revenged this year!!

Yo you better hope nobody loses in front of Duke because they got 11 votes from from the AP voters for first place. If you don't think there's a bias to put Duke as the number one overall ****ing seed you're crazier than hell.
And if you don't think Duke ain't making it to the final four you've lost your mind. They will have everything they've ever had in the thirty years they've ever had it and will be brought out in the tournament to get them to the Final Four. I'm talking about refs. I'm talking about anyway and always to get Coach K to the final four they will try it. They will get the best road to the final four they won't have to play much anybody just be prepared for it and remember Kentucky and Duke in the championship on the 30th anniversary of the game... you know THE game.
I said it before and I'll say it again the unforgettables will be Revenged this year!!
Yes. I think Duke/UK end up on that 4/5 line and end up in the same region. The storyline is too tempting for the committee to ignore.

I bet we end up seeing someone like UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen as well. It's going to be a murderer's row for Kentucky.

I don't get it. So many posters on here do not feel Duke is near good enough to be a number one seed but you complain like 10 year olds that they are going to put UK in their bracket. LOL

Reactions: JDHoss
Yes. I think Duke/UK end up on that 4/5 line and end up in the same region. The storyline is too tempting for the committee to ignore.

I bet we end up seeing someone like UCLA in the Sweet Sixteen as well. It's going to be a murderer's row for Kentucky.
Good. What was that shirt the huge dude was wearing in Happy Gilmore? 'Kill em all and let God sort em out'.

Hard to believe. Wish they wouldn't have beaten us. Makes it harder to make fun of them when they got us head to head.

No mo titles for da rat...

79aZ9U7.jpg

Not really. We’re been undefeated at home. They lost to Miami at Cameron.

Duke is a joke this year.
F*ck Duke and all that, but until we advance farther than them in the tournament, them beating us head to head is still the ultimate trump card.

Reactions: kb22stang
F*ck Duke and all that, but until we advance farther than them in the tournament, them beating us head to head is still the ultimate trump card.
On the first game of the seasons. I couldn’t care less at this point. They literally haven’t playe anyone worth a crap since NOVEMBER.

On the first game of the seasons. I couldn’t care less at this point.
Fine, but if we switched resumes with them and we were the ones that beat them head to head I bet you’d care. I would. I like our resume as it is, but head to head matters to me. Even if it was November.

I’m SO hoping their schedule leaves them totally unprepared for the NCAA tournament.
It definitely will. Looking at the last 7 games (their current winning streak) that has vaulted them from a 3 or possibly even a 4 seed to most likely a 1 seed those 7 teams are a combined 1 game over .500. In contrast our last 7 is 58 games over .500. The mighty B12 has given Kansas 39 games over .500 their last 7. SEC teams will be way more battle tested than others and I think it will show during the tournament.

Reactions: yoshukai

UNC*** opposite us as a 10 seed with an eye towards them upsetting a 7 seed to reach us in round 2.

Or maybe Notre Dame as the 7 against ... Iona as a 10 seed?! lol

S16 - Villanova in Philly

Regional finals - Duke of course ( definitely as a 1, us as a 2 because thats how it was in 92....)

Arizona in the final 4

Zags in the title game

sounds about like the path they will set for us

Buck up

duke hasn’t been tested in a long time they have a sweet 16 ceiling just watch. But then again it’s not their fault the acc is garbage this season & this will be their downfall

It's easy for them and the Committee to respond by saying, "Yes, and they won both of those games against teams that are fighting for a 1 seed." They've never seemed to care that those games were in November.

Look, we bag on the Zags every year. Bag on Duke this year. Reality is both have had and do have NBA talent and top 5 coaches. They're good this year. Schedule is weak, yes, but they're good.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Hard to believe. Wish they wouldn't have beaten us. Makes it harder to make fun of them when they got us head to head.
^^This

It’s s also hard to make fun of their conference when Norte Dame beat Cal. Duke went to Norte Dame and won by 14. Duke does have some bad losses, no doubt. I don’t think any of the top 10 teams have separated themselves as to being a clear cut 1 seed, but Duke can make as good of a case as anyone. Three of their 4 losses are by a combined total of 4 points. They have 4 losses by a combined 9 points. Duke does have 2 wins over the top 7 teams. Who else can say that? There are 2 other teams that can actually say that. Who can name them without looking it up?
I think if UK or Auburn wins out, they will get a 1 seed, especially if they beat the other on their way to winning the SEC tournament. I know the NCAA already has the brackets figured out before the SEC tournament is over, which needs to be fixed either by the SEC or the NCAA, but if it comes down to Auburn and UK in the finals, then they should have it figured out that winner will be 1 seed and loser a 2 seed. If UK is playing someone else in the finals, they will probably have most of their seeding done as if UK wins.

ADVERTISEMENT