ADVERTISEMENT

After looking completely useless for 3 days, Marques Bolden cut from U19.

A proper ranking when he was classified?

Definitely not number 1, which is what the post was about. He might as well havr been a 2 star at UK. I thought at the time somewhere between 20 - 40.

Have you seen the guys in the same class? Their are only a handful of guys who have been dominate in college. Well he was the 9th freshmen selected in the draft so he was in line about where he was ranked when he committed to UK.
Skal himself didnt declare that he was the baddest mofo around it was the analyst who said at the end of his senior year that said he was top 5 (was ranked 1-5 by different services). In the summer period before he committed he was ranked as low as 13 by 247 sports.

Remember Cal himself said he messed up with Skal. Any clown could see his skill set was not being utilized and he was highly uncomfortable being a back to the basket player.
I still think he needs some time in the league before you see a 18/10 guy.

When is he deciding/transferring again? Heard they're having a dance or something at his high school Friday and he might wear the colors of where he's going? Any truth to the rumors?

Skal was overrated for being an 18 or 19 y/o one and done. He was just raw and not ready to contribute. Based on potential he was definitely one of the better players in the class. I bet he's averaging 18 and 8 and a couple blocks in a few years.

Give it up Bleedingblue...... Skal was over rated. Not to mention we all over rated him in our own minds even more after some all star games........ turns out... physical defense in real college games effected him big time (soft as charmin)

Give it up Bleedingblue...... Skal was over rated. Not to mention we all over rated him in our own minds even more after some all star games........ turns out... physical defense in real college games effected him big time (soft as charmin)

I don't really think fans overrated him coming into the season. How could we? The vast majority only saw bits and pieces of his game. Now the scouts could have, but I don't think they were all looking through blue tinted glasses though. He obviously played much better before facing D-1 competition. I think some allowance probably should have been made when assessing him for the time he missed due to injury and the fact that he started playing so late. Turns out he wasn't as billed at the time he entered college, but again I don't really think it's this huge mistake on the scouts or fans part. It was a combination of getting back into playing shape, facing tougher competition, learning a new position, and probably nerves. He has skills, and he's showing that now.

ADVERTISEMENT