ADVERTISEMENT

After looking completely useless for 3 days, Marques Bolden cut from U19.

Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth when this stiff picked Duke.

The few of us who maintained Isaac Humphries would deliver as much as Bolden were ridiculed and dismissed. While Hump didn't fully deliver on his potential, I'd still say even with the gift of hindsight he was better than Bolden.

Cal mentioned on video that Bolden's hip was bothering him. He seems to be a big that is brittle.
Maybe it was a way to let Bolden save face and have an easy out. Would not surprise me if that was the case. Cal is a class act. Bolden is not playing very well at this stage.

The few of us who maintained Isaac Humphries would deliver as much as Bolden were ridiculed and dismissed. While Hump didn't fully deliver on his potential, I'd still say even with the gift of hindsight he was better than Bolden.
We sure were and Hump sure was.

Duke board yesterday was talking about his being hurt again. I think a lot of people are going to be reevaluating their forecast for Duke this season. If Bolden is ineffective or doesn't play any more than he did this last season, they will be ridiculously thin up front.

Bolden sucks. I missed that.

But I also said Skal was heavily overrated, took a sht storm for it and only two posters had the decency to bring it up later.

When you're wrong they'll always remember. When you're right they'll easily forget.

Remember that kiddies!

But I also said Skal was heavily overrated, took a sht storm for it and only two posters had the decency to bring it up later.

When you're wrong they'll always remember. When you're right they'll easily forget.

Remember that kiddies!
Skal just wasn't used right by Cal at Kentucky. He's showing us now that he's very talented and wasn't overrated.

Skal just wasn't used right by Cal at Kentucky. He's showing us now that he's very talented and wasn't overrated.

Skal was very overrated coming out of high chool. Cal misuing him doesn't explain his shortcomings in a Kentucky uniform.

I actually wanted Allen who went to Texas. Thought he was a great match with Bam down low. Loved his athletcism and length. Didnt like Bolden then and stated as much.

Remember that kiddies!

Your still wrong about Skal. I actually watched him play in HS in his senior year, i know many on here say that he didnt play his senior year but he did. His style of play was very much kinda like a small forward who used his length to grab boards and put back dunks.
When he come here Cal used him as a back to the basket player. Totally foreign to him and the way he played and his body was super thin which doesnt bode well for banging down low.
He was amazing 15' foot away from the basket with the ball in his hands.
Cal totally misused him.

Reactions: feelthebeirne

Hump was pitiful.

Skal was very overrated coming out of high chool. Cal misuing him doesn't explain his shortcomings in a Kentucky uniform.
It partially does. His skill set didn't fit our need while playing a 3 guard lineup; we needed someone to bang on the boards and be a post presence. The other part to that story though (if I recall correctly) is he was a year removed from playing competitive basketball and his conditioning and strength just wasn't where it needed to be. If his family didn't need the money I truly believe Soph Skal would have been what fans thought he was going to be in year 1.

Duke board yesterday was talking about his being hurt again. I think a lot of people are going to be reevaluating their forecast for Duke this season. If Bolden is ineffective or doesn't play any more than he did this last season, they will be ridiculously thin up front.

Their teams are usually are a huge donut....outside shooters with a big hole in the middle.

Cal mentioned on video that Bolden's hip was bothering him. He seems to be a big that is brittle.
That was a risk he took(hanging around Coach K,you just knew something would start to hurt) his back, his hip or something.Getting tripped by Allen in the cafeteria line is always a possibility as well.

Reactions: bluebornwildcat
Then how do you explain him having success in the NBA this past year?

Well he only played 16 minutes per game at UK. If he had played normal starter minutes he would have had a lot better stats. That said, guy was not good at UK. It was not about not using him right, although perhaps he averages 8 and 4 instead of 6 and 3 if Cal changes it up a bit.

Reactions: morgousky
Did he try to trip anybody while he was at the try outs ? or throw his head back and flop like a pansy ass ?

Your still wrong about Skal. I actually watched him play in HS in his senior year, i know many on here say that he didnt play his senior year but he did. His style of play was very much kinda like a small forward who used his length to grab boards and put back dunks.
When he come here Cal used him as a back to the basket player. Totally foreign to him and the way he played and his body was super thin which doesnt bode well for banging down low.
He was amazing 15' foot away from the basket with the ball in his hands.
Cal totally misused him.

I coached with one of his mentors. I know his former trainer peronally, and watched Skal many times. I know and watched Skal probably more than anyone here.

Skal was heavily overrated coming out of high school. Even what hes doing now doesn't equate to "top player in class". Cal couldnt make him rebound and not look totally lost on the floor. He had trouble defending and could only drift out and hit some shots. Thats not the top player in class.

Skal is doing well, but he was still overrated coming into college.

Well he only played 16 minutes per game at UK. If he had played normal starter minutes he would have had a lot better stats. That said, guy was not good at UK. It was not about not using him right, although perhaps he averages 8 and 4 instead of 6 and 3 if Cal changes it up a bit.
This cannot be serious.

Skal was given every opportunity to succeed. It wasn't until the SEC schedule that Cal was forced to reduce his minutes due to lack of production. I am convinced that the Monstars Aliens stole his talent for a year. That's the only plausible explanation.

Reactions: jrpross
I coached with one of his mentors. I know his former trainer peronally, and watched Skal many times. I know and watched Skal probably more than anyone here.

Skal was heavily overrated coming out of high school. Even what hes doing now doesn't equate to "top player in class". Cal couldnt make him rebound and not look totally lost on the floor. He had trouble defending and could only drift out and hit some shots. Thats not the top player in class.

Skal is doing well, but he was still overrated coming into college.

What is your definition of heavily overrated? Should have been 15 instead of 2? More or less when your talking top 20 your saying this guy has nba talent and many times these guys can change in rankings very quickly over the period of a couple months. Hes playing in the nba and doing well for himself so he obviously wasnt vastly overranked coming out of HS.
The rankings are based off of long term projections not what your gonna do in 6 months as an overmatched freshmen for just a few months of playing time.

What is your definition of heavily overrated? Should have been 15 instead of 2? More or less when your talking top 20 your saying this guy has nba talent and many times these guys can change in rankings very quickly over the period of a couple months. Hes playing in the nba and doing well for himself so he obviously wasnt vastly overranked coming out of HS.
The rankings are based off of long term projections not what your gonna do in 6 months as an overmatched freshmen for just a few months of playing time.

I said he was overrated coming out of high school, and he was. Extremely.

ADVERTISEMENT