ADVERTISEMENT

After Harpers three gave Auburn the lead, did anybody notice

I don't think many college basketball fans are even aware of the details of UNC fiasco....

Way fewer stars in college past 1 year (think of hte days when Olajuwon, Ewing, Laettner, even the Fab Five, etc...) You had star power.

Also, the game is called like a complete joke with the refs. The product on multiple levels is way off what it used to be a generation back.
People don't like to watch games in the 50's and 60's, they want to see scoring

UK fans need to realize that the SEC cannot afford to have Kentucky dominating. Now that the conference has gained some national respect, to allow UK to win in a dominating fashion would kill everything the NCAA and ESPN are trying to do so get ready for a bunch of poorly officiated games.

Doug Shows is the worst Ref in the Conference when it comes to influence the game from not being a blow out.

And you have disliked Cal the whole time that you've been here. Are you mad that we don't still have Tubby? Or Billy G?

Wrong, I think he could have coached a lot of important games better than he did that resulted in a loss but I have never disliked cal. Wouldn’t trade him for anybody and you know damn well you have seen me say that very thing before. This thread wasn’t even about cal so do you still have some feelings that you have been harboring that you need to get off your chest???

Wrong, I think he could have coached a lot of important games better than he did that resulted in a loss but I have never disliked cal. Wouldn’t trade him for anybody and you know damn well you have seen me say that very thing before. This thread wasn’t even about cal so do you still have some feelings that you have been harboring that you need to get off your chest???

Nope, I just have never read anything positive from you about Cal, that's why I asked you if you missed Tubby or Billy G.

Reactions: kat57
Nope, I just have never read anything positive from you about Cal, that's why I asked you if you missed Tubby or Billy G.

I quit watching UK because of tubby and wanted him gone since 2001 and BG, please!!! I wanted cal here starting around 2001 when it was obvious tubby sucked. Because I’m critical of how someone coaches or doesn’t coach doesn’t mean I don’t like them nor want them here. Both tubby and BG fall into that category but certainly not Cal.

Auburn ticket site says season tickets sold out for season
Maybe it is this year. I'm just going off the Sea of Blue twitter reactions. I didn't take it for gold just relaying info. I would hope to baby Jesus anyone could sellout a 9700 seat gym in a power 5 conference. The part I thought was the best was the guy that said they should sellout Rupp holds that many in the bathrooms LOL.

Wow. Comparing Cal yelling at his players to Pearl peacocking on the sidelines and trying to intimidate officials. What a godawful comment.

By the way, since Terrence Jones was brought up. We won a title in his 2nd year, and went to the Final 4 his other year. Cal did something right in Jones two years at UK.
Great post. What Cal does and what that jack ass Pearl does is night and day . Pearl is a good coach but he deserved at least 1 tech for the game last night and the refs were down right awful. They bought like 5 AU flops .

Pearl told his team during one of the TV timeouts that Kentucky was too physical for them and that they needed to keep stepping in front of guys. Flopping was part of their game plan, unfortunately.

Yeah, I head him say "let's put some bodies on the floor", which at the time I thought he meant our guys, but now it seems he was telling them to flop, as we saw them do several times.

I like when Pearl was interviewed after the previous game and he said Cal never plays on the road and it turns out Pearl had only 3 road games as well. [laughing]

Reactions: BBUK
Someone here referenced Cal having to be held back by the players. I don’t think it quite amounted to that, but I believe the actual play Cal was reacting to was the traveling call on Montgomery when he dove on the floor for a loose ball and rolled over to pass it to a teammate.

As I understand the rule, it was a terrible call.

Reactions: Poetax
I think stuff like this should definitely get a technical.
WebbedColdCanadagoose.gif

When the refs have to waste time going to the monitor for nothing because of a fake flagrant foul, it should be a technical because of it delaying the game.

The fake charges like the one previously mentioned from Saturday are a bit harder to call a technical on because you 100% can't guarantee in a bang bang situation that they saw them faking it without going to the monitor. I would just leave it as a play on type of play and they get penalized by being out of position afterwards. Like the players that would flop by the basket but no call is made and the other team scores because of it.

I don't like flopping either but thanks to coach K it's now part of college basketball...the refs are just going to have to try and make the right call. It's part of the game sometimes they get it right sometimes they get it wrong. As far as Pearl and his sideline antics. He is just a coach trying to win a game and there's no bigger game than when we come to town. Go CATS!

Sorry, I like Pearl.

Kudos to a guy trying to build or re-build program and getting crowd fired up.

It's on the refs to ref the game...Pearl should have had at least one T for being at half court instead of in his box. Floppers should be prosecuted...but I doubt Pearl is teaching that.

Who cares if Pearl screams, so does Cal, that's how they coach...so what.

He was very complementary of Cats after game.

I’m mostly with this. Flopping really is bush league, but if the refs weren’t gonna reign in Pearl’s behavior, that’s on them.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Someone here referenced Cal having to be held back by the players. I don’t think it quite amounted to that, but I believe the actual play Cal was reacting to was the traveling call on Montgomery when he dove on the floor for a loose ball and rolled over to pass it to a teammate.

As I understand the rule, it was a terrible call.
Terrible call and made by a ref across the court that came running over obviously playing to the crowd.

Wrong, the player was bleeding and had to leave the game because of the blood. He was substituted for because of the injury. If not for the injury the center would have had to shoot the free throws.
For some reason I thought if it was just an injury we got to select their foul shooter... that might just be an NBA rule tho.. it might even be an old rule that was change. My bad

You have two men to thank for this. Coach K for flopping in general. And Pitino for the throwing yourself at the offensive player followed by the flop.

Wow. That's very eye-opening.

Crap like that should be sent to the league office and the SEC headquarters should address to the coaches and officials -- WE ARE NOT HAVING FLOPPING IN THE FREAKING OPEN COURT WITH A PLAYER TRYING TO GET UP AND DOWN THE FLOOR WITHOUT THE DAMN BALL !! UGH !!

I quit watching UK because of tubby and wanted him gone since 2001 and BG, please!!! I wanted cal here starting around 2001 when it was obvious tubby sucked. Because I’m critical of how someone coaches or doesn’t coach doesn’t mean I don’t like them nor want them here. Both tubby and BG fall into that category but certainly not Cal.

Again I call BS. It's in another thread why. But just to restate part of it, in 2002-2003, the Cats were number 1 in the AP, won SEC regular and tourney, finished 32-4 and but for Bogan's injury, arguably could have gone to the Final Four.

But yeah, you're Nostradamus.

And just for the record, Cal made the NIT in 01-02 and lost a first round NCAA game in 02-03 to a 10 seed.

You're just an admitted Tubby basher.

As for this thread, I did see the play the OP mentioned and no way it was going to be called. The Cats did commit a lot of charges and only once did I think there was a flop.

No reason to bash the refs for the calls they made other than the obvious BS one.

The refs certainly could be dissed for the calls they didn't make. Auburn was clutching, grabbing, holding, hacking and impeding progress the whole second half. Some fouls were called but most were overlooked. The call on the Herro play at the end was a surprise although clearly correct.

We should just be happy over a big UK win and quit worrying about refs and Bruce Pearl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again I call BS. It's in another thread why. But just to restate part of it, in 2002-2003, the Cats were number 1 in the AP, won SEC regular and tourney, finished 32-4 and but for Bogan's injury, arguably could have gone to the Final Four.

And just for the record, Cal made the NIT in 01-02 and lost a first round NCAA game in 02-03 to a 10 seed.

Yes we played great in 2002-2003. I was fed up with tubby and ready to move on before that happened as I outlined why in the thread you mentioned Not hard to comprehend. And damn right I’m a tubby basher as are a lot of other people on this board so not even sure why you end with that point.

And I don’t care how cal fared at Memphis it’s an irrelevant point to even make. Cal had made a name for himself at UMass before trying the NBA and he had just taken over a Memphis team who hadn’t made even the NIT the previous two seasons. Keep calling BS all you want. My statement still stands!!!

As for this thread, I did see the play the OP mentioned and no way it was going to be called. The Cats did commit a lot of charges and only once did I think there was a flop.

No reason to bash the refs for the calls they made other than the obvious BS one.

The refs certainly could be dissed for the calls they didn't make. Auburn was clutching, grabbing, holding, hacking and impeding progress the whole second half. Some fouls were called but most were overlooked. The call on the Herro play at the end was a surprise although clearly correct.

We should just be happy over a big UK win and quit worrying about refs and Bruce Pearl.
Same thing was literally called a charge last year.. against the same team and the same player flopping

ADVERTISEMENT