ADVERTISEMENT

After Harpers three gave Auburn the lead, did anybody notice

UK fans need to realize that the SEC cannot afford to have Kentucky dominating. Now that the conference has gained some national respect, to allow UK to win in a dominating fashion would kill everything the NCAA and ESPN are trying to do so get ready for a bunch of poorly officiated games.

Seek help. Paranoia can be debilitating.

Good post.

Pearl was pure white trash Saturday.

The flopping was also bush league stuff.

I don't know...it's been highly successful for Coach K through all these years. Coach K berates officials all the time and teaches his kids how to flop.

We might not like it, but it's a successful strategy as has been proven over the years.

Don't mind Peatl's antics. Refs who are intimidated by crowds bother me. The 3 stooges quit calling Auburn for their constant reaching, holding and slapping once the crowd got fired up. Changed the flow of the game. They were mauling Herro and Johnson away from the ball.

I thought the officiating was poor both ways. Especially the going to the monitor several times. But it was a tough environment and refs (poor ones) get caught up in that. I didn't feel like the refs allowed the crowd to swing calls Auburns way other than the flagrant and a couple of obvious flops which all refs fall for. Auburn was fouling multiple times each possession and I thought the refs did do a fair job of not letting them get away with it. Could have been ugly had they let them hack like they were and get away with it. All in all that's about all you can ask for in a road game in a hostile environment.

Brice Brown literally stepped in front of Reid Travis at mid court trying to flop a draw a charge.

I have no respect for teams that flop, or coaches that cry to get calls, or work the crowd into a frenzy to intimidate officials.

Bruce Pearls behavior on sidelines yesterday was out of control. And not one time, did an official, tell him to sit down and shut up.

UK was the better team by 10-15 points on their court, until the stripes brought them back.

Miracle the Cats could win in that environment against the fix
As you know, they had Pearl mic'd up and he gave them instructions in the huddle to flop.

think want you want about Pearl. I think he's goofy but i have zero issue with him raising his arms to get the crowd going when we were rolling he needed them to bring the energy back. As far as the fouls go, we fouled them 3 times on 3's and all were legit. That's just ignorant on our players part. We also down 1 with 10 seconds left got a touch call that sent Herro to the line for 2 to give us the lead. Officials weren't a factor yesterday sans the one horrible call on PJ but they didn't score on the extra position so it had no influence on the outcome.

Reactions: MakinMusic
Cal certainly isn't calm on the sideline by any means, but he has never carried on like Bruce Pearl did yesterday. Ever. And I, for one, do think Cal is too animated at times.

I think Pearl can coach. He just acts like a complete doofus at times, going back to his Tennessee days. Yesterday was one of those times.

That shit was just embarrassing. He's always been obsessed with Cal due to the Memphis rivalry and he's always been obsessed with Kentucky, mainly because he does appreciate and respect Kentucky's stature as a program. He would literally crawl to Lexington for the UK job, as Sutton once stated.

All of that combined, with a sellout crowd, is almost too much for Pearl to handle. He nearly had an aneurysm.

Would you like for me to pull the clip up of Cal "coaching" Terrance Jones from the sidelines? That was pretty embarrassing for Cal.

Go ahead please...Cal has NEVER been compared to the likes of Brucey Pearl...except in your mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: kat57 and awf
I don't know...it's been highly successful for Coach K through all these years. Coach K berates officials all the time and teaches his kids how to flop.

We might not like it, but it's a successful strategy as has been proven over the years.

Bud,
Pearl is NOT going to be the UK coach. Give it up. He is beneath UK. Sorry to inform you of that but it should be obvious. BCG was a stupid mistake. Pearl is a little better and more animated but would still be a stupid mistake for UK. More power to him.............at Auburn...

color_wheel.gif

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I can't recall a game where I saw major college officials take as much crap as they did from Bruce Pearl. They never even put up the stop sign, gave him a warning...nothing. They just took his stuff all night long.

I hate when the other team is smaller inside (due to foul trouble or just being undersized already) and the refs play the you're to big and strong compared to the opponent so we are going to allow the smaller players to flop with minor contact game. I know Travis got called for one charge because of it.

I don't know why an opinion of a coach getting his home crowd engaged is a problem.....I think it's totally fine.

But the timeout Pearl all but said, when the ball is inside we need to flop as UK is too big and physical for us.

And the way bigger issue is college officiating as a whole is just ruining what little national interest there is in college hoops (before any slam....go look at national ratings...nobody watches these games anymore compared to the 80's and 90's)). The constant off balls fouls, nobody can make an athletic move to the rim w/o floppers galore and now the going to the monitor all the time....it makes the college game unwatchable. I have not watched 3 games this year that were not UK games.
That's not the reason that the ratings are down. The integrity of the game is very questionable when UNCCheats can get away with decades of cheating with 0 punishment while other schools are punished for not meeting the minimum GPA.

Lol!!! So he was yelling at the officials, wow what an ass. I guess you missed the whole team having to hold cal back as he got ready to head the officials way.

This. Amazing Cal wasn't given a tech. He real showed the ref up bad in that instance.

Would you like for me to pull the clip up of Cal "coaching" Terrance Jones from the sidelines? That was pretty embarrassing for Cal.
Wow. Comparing Cal yelling at his players to Pearl peacocking on the sidelines and trying to intimidate officials. What a godawful comment.

By the way, since Terrence Jones was brought up. We won a title in his 2nd year, and went to the Final 4 his other year. Cal did something right in Jones two years at UK.

That's not the reason that the ratings are down. The integrity of the game is very questionable when UNCCheats can get away with decades of cheating with 0 punishment while other schools are punished for not meeting the minimum GPA.
I don't think many college basketball fans are even aware of the details of UNC fiasco....

Way fewer stars in college past 1 year (think of hte days when Olajuwon, Ewing, Laettner, even the Fab Five, etc...) You had star power.

Also, the game is called like a complete joke with the refs. The product on multiple levels is way off what it used to be a generation back.

Reactions: kl40504
Brice Brown literally stepped in front of Reid Travis at mid court trying to flop a draw a charge.

I have no respect for teams that flop, or coaches that cry to get calls, or work the crowd into a frenzy to intimidate officials.

Bruce Pearls behavior on sidelines yesterday was out of control. And not one time, did an official, tell him to sit down and shut up.

UK was the better team by 10-15 points on their court, until the stripes brought them back.

Yeah that bag of shit in his half time interview said we don't just sellout for KY, we sellout for all SEC games. On Sea of Blue's twitter reactions they said that's not true. That they haven't sold out since last Jan..Not sure if that was our game or not. Then someone tweeted that cracker jack box only holds 9700. Rupp holds that many in its bathrooms.

I don't think many college basketball fans are even aware of the details of UNC fiasco....

Way fewer stars in college past 1 year (think of hte days when Olajuwon, Ewing, Laettner, even the Fab Five, etc...) You had star power.

Also, the game is called like a complete joke with the refs. The product on multiple levels is way off what it used to be a generation back.
The lower quality level is definitely true. For me the coup de grâce, was the UNCCheats thing. Knowing that the season and tournament is manipulated for maximum profit of a few ruins it for me. I still watch because that is what I've always done, but I am not fooled by the product any more.

Pearl told his team during one of the TV timeouts that Kentucky was too physical for them and that they needed to keep stepping in front of guys. Flopping was part of their game plan, unfortunately.

This^^^^^^

Was just gonna post this. When they did the “wired” thing on Pearl and showed him acting like an ass most of the time, one of the more interesting things to me was this comment in the timeout. He literally said they are too strong for us to rip and run, so we have to step in front of all their guys and try to take charges.

Embarrassing. You wonder where the guys got it—look to the head coach. I can’t stand Pearl. Not in the way that’s he is a rival to us or anything. Just seems like a big goofy clown. I put his coaching ability about equal to Tom Crean. And they are both equally flamboyant look at me type coaches. Honestly I think Crean can’t help it tho just the way he is. Pearl clearly does it for the attention. I swear the cameras were on him more than the actual players yesterday.

It sucks that we can’t even attempt to try and get someone on a flop because we get a block call every time. I hate flopers but it would feel great to be on the other end of an egregious game changing call one time.

If the Refs do nothing, then clearly there is no issue.

You all sound like a bunch of whiny bitches and we won the game.

Clearly u seem like a Pearl fan and have taken offense at the criticism of his sideline antics.

But, man you really cross a line when u stretch that legitimate stance and then actually compare Cal to Pearl with regard to sideline demeanor.

If you like how Pearl acts—no problem that is your opinion. But in no way is his antics and Cals even remotely close. Cal, as all coaches do, get animated and upset at both the refs and players at times during the game. What Pearl does is different and has always been his strategy. He constantly paces and screams and jumps and motions to the crowd. He does it to try and effect the refs calls, motivate his guys, and most importantly, to get his fat tanned face on TV as much as possible. That is just the truth. Sorry if you disagree.

Yeah that bag of shit in his half time interview said we don't just sellout for KY, we sellout for all SEC games. On Sea of Blue's twitter reactions they said that's not true. That they haven't sold out since last Jan..Not sure if that was our game or not. Then someone tweeted that cracker jack box only holds 9700. Rupp holds that many in its bathrooms.

Auburn ticket site says season tickets sold out for season

ADVERTISEMENT