ADVERTISEMENT

After Harpers three gave Auburn the lead, did anybody notice

Oct 31, 2016
Brice Brown literally stepped in front of Reid Travis at mid court trying to flop a draw a charge.

I have no respect for teams that flop, or coaches that cry to get calls, or work the crowd into a frenzy to intimidate officials.

Bruce Pearls behavior on sidelines yesterday was out of control. And not one time, did an official, tell him to sit down and shut up.

UK was the better team by 10-15 points on their court, until the stripes brought them back.

Miracle the Cats could win in that environment against the fix

Yeah I saw that

I have no respect for floppers and yet they are rewarded by clown gutless officials

Auburn is a wannabe and it showed by their behavior

Pearls game antics and Auburn fake flops ruin the integrity of game and the SEC just turns it’s head

Last edited:
Brice Brown literally stepped in front of Reid Travis at mid court trying to flop a draw a charge.

I have no respect for teams that flop, or coaches that cry to get calls, or work the crowd into a frenzy to intimidate officials.

Bruce Pearls behavior on sidelines yesterday was out of control. And not one time, did an official, tell him to sit down and shut up.

UK was the better team by 10-15 points on their court, until the stripes brought them back.

The only thing I thought was egregious was the flagrant 1...their threes got them back in it.

If I’m remembering right didn’t someone else try it on the same possession when Reid went down near the post? I may be wrong but I remember thinking how dumb it looked.

UK fans need to realize that the SEC cannot afford to have Kentucky dominating. Now that the conference has gained some national respect, to allow UK to win in a dominating fashion would kill everything the NCAA and ESPN are trying to do so get ready for a bunch of poorly officiated games.

Yes I saw it, and was surprised they didn't call it. It would have been a terrible call, but that has never stopped them before.

Reactions: gokentucky

I’ll give you the flopping. There is no place for it in the game and it should be an unsportsmanlike tech for first team offense and rejection for subsequent offenses, but what the hell is wrong with a coach trying to keep the home fans engaged into the game? Honestly didn’t even notice any antics that you are referring to but I’m guessing if Cal did this at Rupp you would praise him for trying to get the blue hairs off their ass. Truth or no?

I’ll give you the flopping. There is no place for it in the game and it should be an unsportsmanlike tech for first team offense and rejection for subsequent offenses, but what the hell is wrong with a coach trying to keep the home fans engaged into the game? Honestly didn’t even notice any antics that you are referring to but I’m guessing if Cal did this at Rupp you would praise him for trying to get the blue hairs off their ass. Truth or no?

What Pearl was doing was not engaging fans...He was trying his best to intimidate the officials..Shoulda had at least two techs and maybe even tossed for his antics..

What Pearl was doing was not engaging fans...He was trying his best to intimidate the officials..Shoulda had at least two techs and maybe even tossed for his antics..

Lol!!! So he was yelling at the officials, wow what an ass. I guess you missed the whole team having to hold cal back as he got ready to head the officials way.

Reactions: Jeff Sykes
A couple of flops got them a call when one of our bigs would make a pivot and 180 to the basket. The morons calling he game came with the automatic, "he lowered his shoulder", well try to make that move without lowering your inside shoulder. I don't know which bothers me most, the refs buying the flop or the commentators going along with it

A couple of flops got them a call when one of our bigs would make a pivot and 180 to the basket. The morons calling he game came with the automatic, "he lowered his shoulder", well try to make that move without lowering your inside shoulder. I don't know which bothers me most, the refs buying the flop or the commentators going along with it

I'm surprised the commentators even seen a flop, with all the Dukie/Zion love they kept slurping about

Last edited:
Reactions: kat57 and musrat59

What was the fix? It would've been a fix if they had called it but they didn't.

I'm sorry, but please take the blue tinted glasses off. Cal is the worst on the sideline during a game. Always yelling and screaming at the players.
I personally can live with the screaming and yelling. It’s a competitive sport and Cal is passionate. What Pearl was doing was different than Cal. He was working the crowd into a frenzy, making the Calls for the refs and any coach that puts an emphasis on Flopping shouldn’t be compared to Cal. Cal wants his players to play straight up and not cheat to win. In Cals time here I’ve only known of one player, (Briscoe) of being a flopper and he looked stupid doing it.

That just means the refs were basically ignoring him. I see it often. Pearl is one they tend to ignore because he’s just silly.

I don't know why an opinion of a coach getting his home crowd engaged is a problem.....I think it's totally fine.

But the timeout Pearl all but said, when the ball is inside we need to flop as UK is too big and physical for us.

And the way bigger issue is college officiating as a whole is just ruining what little national interest there is in college hoops (before any slam....go look at national ratings...nobody watches these games anymore compared to the 80's and 90's)). The constant off balls fouls, nobody can make an athletic move to the rim w/o floppers galore and now the going to the monitor all the time....it makes the college game unwatchable. I have not watched 3 games this year that were not UK games.

Good post.

Pearl was pure white trash Saturday.

The flopping was also bush league stuff.

Sorry, I like Pearl.

Kudos to a guy trying to build or re-build program and getting crowd fired up.

It's on the refs to ref the game...Pearl should have had at least one T for being at half court instead of in his box. Floppers should be prosecuted...but I doubt Pearl is teaching that.

Who cares if Pearl screams, so does Cal, that's how they coach...so what.

He was very complementary of Cats after game.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT