ADVERTISEMENT

After Bagley, list your top 6 2018 recruiting wish list.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Assuming Green, Alexander, Baker, Wynyard, Washington, and SKJ return (just for the sake of setting some sort of base from which to operate - I understand some of those guys could jump to the league and others could return).

Also, Bagley is probably everyone's top choice, so beyond him, who are you next six on the wish list?

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
I'll wait to post my list, but I will say Khavon Moore is growing on me. I love the young man's game. Get him, P.J. back, and Naz Reid, and Cal would have three guys in the "grown man" category. Surround them with some finesse guys like Langford and you're good to go.

2. Bol (7-2 with 7-8 wingspan and soft touch, self explanatory)
3. Langford (Diallo gone, need 2G)
4. Reddish (do it all 6-8 F with elite skill)
5. Williamson (alpha dog attitude, tons of hype)
6. Quickley (best PG in the class IMO, would be higher if I was convinced Green leaves)

Reddish might be a tough get but he'd be no. 2 on my wish list.

I'm big on Reddish. I know he's considered a Duke guy, but so was Knox. With a full summer likely playing for Calipari, I like UK's chances, especially when he sees how Cal uses Diallo/Knox/Vanderbilt this season.

Realistically, I think Reddish is Duke bound. Yes, I know things can change in recruiting, but if I am looking at things from a current viewpoint, I would replace Reddish with Louis King.

This upcoming recruiting class is going to be loaded with elite players that can put a team on their back and go far in the NCAA tourney. With Cal, I am not sweating which elite players Cal signs and puts on the floor for Kentucky. While nothing is ever a sure thing with recruiting, I think at this point its safe to say Cal will get more than his fair share. When you look at a player like Bagley, man child is what you're thinking. If the kid plays in college, Cal has as good of a shot as any coach. If Cal can land Bagley, will a few of the other elite forwards in the class will still be interested in joining Cal? Will Bol be up to playing the style of basketball Cal likes to coach? At this point, it seems so. This will be a fun recruiting class to watch and see who goes where and if that kid can make the school he goes to an actual contender. It is going to be exciting to watch and like I said, as long as Cal is coaching at Kentucky, I am not sweating who we get in the end. The best players will decide they want a spot at Kentucky when it's all said and done.

Reactions: westerncat
Any 6? Realistic or not? Well, shoot...

Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Romeo Langford
Cameron Reddish
Immanuel Quickley
Nazreon Reid

Along with Bagley. Best class of all time with quite possibly the top 5 picks in the 2018 NBA Draft. Having Davis and MKG go #1 & #2 was pretty cool. Not sure what producing #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 in the NBA Draft would feel like.

I'm never one to make predictions, but 40-0 should be an expectation with those 7 players added to (for example) Baker, Green, SGA, WG, Washington, and SKJ.

This is one of the strongest HS classes I have seen in almost a decade. I'm just hoping for Bagley, Bol, Langford or Reddish, Quickley, and whoever else Cal picks. That class would beyond amazing.

Fun fact, in this EXTREMELY talented HS class, the crystal ball (Yeah, I know. Mostly guesses and not very accurate) has UK either tied or leading for 7 of the top 14 players overall in the nation.

So, after those 4 players I desperately want, Cal is likely to sign a couple more top 10 players to go along with them.

This is a REALLY great time to be a Kentucky fan...

All in my completely worthless opinion as always.

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Agreed with Bol. I'd put Bagley in that same category. Quickley is no slouch and looks like the #1 PG to me. On the wing, Langford and Reddish will both be stars.

I didn't mention Zion Williamson out of spite due to the lack of UK getting him. Ha ha.

I feel very comfortable saying that between Bol, Bagley, Langford, Reddish, and Zion, this is the most talented top 5 recruits since Rivals began rankings classes. 5 future superstars in the NBA that will probably go top 5 in the draft. After being OAD's.

Last edited:
Reddish is Closest thing to Kobe since well Kobe. He is 1a or 1b.
Most scuttbutt and whispers are he is the most talented and has great upside.
Everyone knows 2 big kids are great.

KYNC89,

I understand why someone could think that way. Our chances with Zion are VERY slim when compared to anyone else in the top 5, though.

Bol, Bagley, and Quickley look like future cats if they attend college.

I still see Langford and Reddish splitting their college choice based on the other''s pick. Meaning one to UK & one to Duke. Not likely at all they play together since they'll both be the same type of player used in a college system. Still a complete guess here. Langford could very well end up at IU or UL, but I just don't see his will to win allowing him to go to such mediocre colleges. Neither will impress next season and the season after could be worse.

I've also heard Hukelberry came to town. Haven't heard him mention UNC and they aren't landing elite recruits anymore. In the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes they signed 12 players. The highest rated player?#27. I'm not sure why, but the elite recruits want nothing to do with The Carolina Way these days. After considering all that, UNC doesn't worry me at all. Would give better odds to IU.

UK in good shape with Zion from what most are saying. Add Zion, Bagley, bol and Langford added to what returns and you have a final four team.

Bob Mc Adoo
Wilt Chamberlin
Ralph Sampson
Dan Issell
Kyle Macy
Ronnie Lyons
Jimmy Dan Connor
Rick Robie
Jack Givens
Jerry West
Larry Turd
Magic Boner
Lou AlCylinder :)
John Wall
Nat Monkey
Ate Monkey
Do Money

If Barrett reclassifies (good possibility), I would rank them (these are the guys we are recruiting only):

1. Bagley
2. Bol
3. Barrett
4. Williamson
5. Langford
6. Reddish
7. Quickley
8. Smart

I feel pretty confident that we get 3 of those 8 with Green, Washington, Killeya-Jones, Gilgeous-Alexander, Baker, and Wynyard back. Green and Washington start, so we need three starters: a 2, a 3 or 4, and a 5.

Best case scenario:

G Green
G Langford
F Washington
F Bagley
F Bol

I like Langford at the 2. Barrett might be better, but I think Langford would be better with that group. He is the better shooter, I believe.

Worst case scenario:

G Green
G Smart
F Reddish
F Washington
F Bol

That's still a killer team.

Personally, I think we sign:

Bagley or Bol at the 5.

Langford or Quickley at the 2.

Barrett or Reddish at the 3.

So we look something like this:

G Green
G Langford
F Barrett
F Washington
F Bol

That's three of the top five or six players in the country, plus two returning studs. Throw in a bench of:

G Gilgeous-Alexander
G Baker
F King
F Killeya-Jones
F Wynyard

That's an excellent mix of talent and experience: 2 Juniors, 4 Sophomores, and 4 Freshmen. Seven 5-stars, three 4-stars. That's a really good 10 man roster. Add a couple of 4-star Freshmen to round things out.

Agreed with Bol. I'd put Bagley in that same category. Quickley is no slouch and looks like the #1 PG to me. On the wing, Langford and Reddish will both be stars.

I didn't mention Zion Williamson out of spite due to the lack of UK getting him. Ha ha.

I feel very comfortable saying that between Bol, Bagley, Langford, Reddish, and Zion, this is the most talented top 5 recruits since Rivals began rankings classes. 5 future superstars in the NBA that will probably go top 5 in the draft. After being OAD's.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the hype was that we have the best chance (as of now) for Zion? I'm huge on his bang wagon. He's been gifted athletically by the same God that gave Lebron his build and hops. Not quite as tall or skilled outside, but not many 6'7 240 pound 16 year olds are built and jump like that. Has the attitude of a pitbull too.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Articles like this http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-zio...ams-and-coach-k-kickin-it-with-quavo-and-more have me continue to believe that UNC is Zion's favorite.

Plus, Calipari is in GREAT shape with Bagley and Bol. Those 3 won't be sharing the same frontcourt, in my opinion.

Similar to Langford and Reddish, I do not see any way Zion would join Bol and Bagley.

I continue to believe that Bol, Quicley, and Bagley are Calipari's to lose. Romeo Langford will be deciding between Duke, UK, and IU. With his desire to win the title in college, IU is not a serious contender. Which leads me to believe that UK and Duke will get one of either Reddish or Langford.

If UK gets commits from Bol, Bagley, Quickley, and Langford/Reddish, I don't care if he finishes the class with 2 Sheray Thomas's. It'll still be one one of the greatest classes in history. This HS class is REALLY great. If any one of Bol, Bagley, Zion, Langford, or Reddish were to reclassify, I think they;d have a hard time not ranking him #1 over Porter.

All5 have NBA All Star potential and will likely be the first 5 players drafted next year. If Calipari manages to get three of those five, anything less than a title would be a big disappointment.

AD and MKG went #1 and #2. We could see players drafted #1, #2, and #3 if Calpari can get 3 of those top 5. Players like Immanuel Quickley, Nazreon Reid, JaVonte Smart, Moses Brown, RonDale Moore, and Louis King are ranked lower than you'd expect after seeing how talented they are due to the top 5 being the best I remember seeing in any class since I started on this board back in 2003. Looking back through previous classes, this looks like the greatest top 5 ranked recruits in my book.

I'm not saying they are all better than Wall, Cousins, AD, Rose, etc. I am saying that as a group, the top 5 prospects in the 2018 class are all program changing players that will have loads of success at the next level. Most classes have 2 or 3 players at this level, but never have I seen a top 5 with each player meeting that description.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always!

I'm thinking that UK will return plenty of players from the current roster, so they will only need/take 5 from 2018 class. My wish list is same as most folks on here.

PG - Quickley - I think he's pretty much already locked up
2G - Langford - Probably least likely, but would love to have him
SF - Reddish - Feeling 50-50 on this
PF - Bagley - 90% confident he's a future Wildcat
C - Bol - Also 90% confident

If this should happen UK is consensus # 1 ranked going into 2018-19 season and odds on favorite to win it all. Of course it's all just dreaming until it happens.

Assuming Green, Alexander, Baker, Wynyard, Washington, and SKJ return (just for the sake of setting some sort of base from which to operate - I understand some of those guys could jump to the league and others could return).

Also, Bagley is probably everyone's top choice, so beyond him, who are you next six on the wish list?

In this order:
1) bagley
2) reddish
2) bol
Tie
4) langford
5) willimason
5) quickly
Tie

I think we will have a few back from our frosh class so this recruiting class will interesting. Maybe we only sign a few but the few we get are top 10? I do think all of our guards are back so quickly and or smart may be tough to sway.

Can't agree with ya there. I feel like the window for Zion to bust is a lot bigger than Bagley. I think Bagley is a potential All-NBA type dude, possibly MVP conversation. He's that talented.
I feel like you are saying that because bagley is 1. Zion 2. I've seen both play, Zion impressed me more. Younger and has more power.

I'm thinking that UK will return plenty of players from the current roster, so they will only need/take 5 from 2018 class. My wish list is same as most folks on here.

PG - Quickley - I think he's pretty much already locked up
2G - Langford - Probably least likely, but would love to have him
SF - Reddish - Feeling 50-50 on this
PF - Bagley - 90% confident he's a future Wildcat
C - Bol - Also 90% confident

If this should happen UK is consensus # 1 ranked going into 2018-19 season and odds on favorite to win it all. Of course it's all just dreaming until it happens.

That is the class we should all dream of. That's five of the top 10 players.

I think we end up with three top 10 guys max.

Three top 10 guys plus two returnees will make for a good combination of elite talent and experience.

Could see two of Green, Gilgeous-Alexander, Washington, Gabriel, or Killeya-Jones starting with three of Quickley, Smart, Langford, Barrett (if reclassified), Reddish, Williamson, Bagley, and Bol.

Now I would be a little surprised to see Quickley AND Green together in the backcourt. Both would want to play the PG spot. I wouldn't be surprised if Green is gone after this season and we get Quickley.

Several on here seem to think Quickley, Bagley, and Bol are close to locks for us. So add Washington and Gilgeous-Alexander to those three:

G Quickley
G Gilgeous-Alexander
F Washington
F Bagley
F Bol

That's a very good starting five.

We will have three OADs, (Knox, Diallo, and Washington)
We have two open scholarships.
That means we will have five scholarships. Plus any transfer outs.
We need guards next year, not two more centers. Bol for sure.

ralphfaltonfan,

That is some massive news to everyone on this board, the scouts, and the recruiting services. All seem to be in agreement that if Bagley goes to college in will be UK. Even to the point that most other teams stopped recruiting him a month back.

Where are you hearing this Bagley news?

OSOK, I agree that those 3 are OAD. I also think Richards will be too. I'm also inclined to believe that one of Quads, WG, SKJ, Tai, Washington, or Shai will either declare early or transfer.

Plus, we have 2 open scholarships right now.

I would guess that Cal will take 6 or 7 in this class, with it being so deep and talented.

My guess:

Diallo and Knox are gone. Probably lottery picks.

Vanderbilt is likely gone, if he can stay healthy. Hope this kid isn't injury prone. He is starting to look that way.

Richards is likely gone. His measurables are exceptional. If he develops any semblance of a post game this season, he is a lottery pick.

Green doesn't have NBA size. Still Cal is rumored to have said he would be OAD. Many thought Ulis would be a 4 year guy because of his size and that didn't happen, and Cal knew that way before we did.

I don't know about Washington. He is battling Knox, Vanderbilt, and Gabriel for minutes. Can't see all four getting enough minutes to shine enough to be first rounders. One will likely return.

Same with Gabriel, but he is a year older and will probably not want to spend another year playing for free.

Killeya-Jones is going to get more clock this season, but I think he will be back.

Gilgeous-Alexander is likely back. Baker will be back. Wynyard will be back unless he transfers.

I'm guessing Washington, Killeya-Jones, Gilgeous-Alexander, Baker, and Wynyard back.

Add in three superstars from the '18 class. I am thinking Bol, Langford, and Quickley (all on the U19 team). Also add King as a reserve.

Starters

G Quickley
G Langford
F Washington
F Killeya-Jones
F Bol

Bench

G Gilgeous-Alexander
G Baker
F King
F Wynyard

Cal has only had 11 scholarship players (at least to start the season) the last few years. So he probably adds two more 4-star level Freshmen to round out the club.

ralphfaltonfan,

That is some massive news to everyone on this board, the scouts, and the recruiting services. All seem to be in agreement that if Bagley goes to college in will be UK. Even to the point that most other teams stopped recruiting him a month back.

From same person I get all my info. Better question is who have you been reading/hearing saying he's a "lock" to UK? I've not seen same people speculating this at all.

I feel like you are saying that because bagley is 1. Zion 2. I've seen both play, Zion impressed me more. Younger and has more power.

I've watched multiple full games of both and I think Bagley is the better prospect. Skill wise they are on different levels. Zion is an injury away from being mortal, as much as I hate to way it.

I've watched multiple full games of both and I think Bagley is the better prospect. Skill wise they are on different levels. Zion is an injury away from being mortal, as much as I hate to way it.
As is bagley. Both are phenomenal but I believe Zion has a lot more room to grow.

ralphfaltonfan,

Look at the date on all of those predictions that put Bagley at UK -- they're all from a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT