ADVERTISEMENT

Ads are hijacking my browser..

When I look at the security lock in the url bar, it shows a yellow status on the main page of rupp rafters. It says that images are not secure?

I've got a new computer, its up to date........and I've only noticed this activity while visiting rupp rafters lately. Not sure if its on my end or not, but figured it was worth bringing up.

Sorry, but this computer is too new to venture down that road yet.

But, I will do a virus check and see what happens.....It even hijacked the browser while typing a reply...

ok, so i just did a virus scan using f-secure cloud malware/virus scanner. Zero viruses/malware found. No activity on my end.

ok, gulp. haha, well I just changed browsers....Was using firefox, now I'm using edge. It seems like a totally different experience....... Not sure what is going on with firefox.

I have one extension that I added recently.........but I would never think it had a viral component. It is "Print friendly & PDF extension". Just disabled it, and now everything is better on the forum. No redirects........

The craziest thing happened after about 5 minutes deleting the extension from my browser........I got a redirect to google while typing a reply on here. I guess things could be worse.

Install adblock plus on your browser. It'll block all that jazz.

Those redirects are scary. Those are usually the result of bad news.

Same thing happens to me. Only happens on this site. I even get redirected to a page that says that a virus has been detected on my computer and I should click on a link to remove it. The only way I can get out of that page is to power down the computer.

Reactions: kat57
Same thing happens to me. Only happens on this site. I even get redirected to a page that says that a virus has been detected on my computer and I should click on a link to remove it. The only way I can get out of that page is to power down the computer.

^same thing with me... and only happens on this site.

VERY annoying.

I started a thread on this subject a few days ago and it was deleted. My Norton Security shows it has blocked a harmful virus every time I visit this site lately.

Add me to the list of folks....Only happens Cats Illustrated. I either get redirected to a page that says that a virus has been detected on my computer and I should click on a link to remove it or I get a notice that I need new flash download (which I do not)

yay-virus_o_6903079.jpg

You all need uBlock Origin in your lives. I never ever go browsing on the Internet without and ad blocker of some sort. It's too risky nowadays.

I started a thread on this subject a few days ago and it was deleted. My Norton Security shows it has blocked a harmful virus every time I visit this site lately.

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes tell me that I don't have a virus.

Norton security lol. damn, haven't thought about those things in a long time. Didn't know it still existed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT