ADVERTISEMENT

Add Kenny "the jet" Smith to the Hater list.

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
His obvious disdain for all of the UK greatness talk has got to place him on our list of haters. He can't hide his jealousy.

The smirk on his face after the Ashley Judd clip, was a dead give away.

Needless to say I hope his reality series fails quickly. Can't imagine anybody other than Vitale and UNCheat fans watching.

Originally posted by BlueRupp:
He's been on it a long time.
Yep. It's kinda subtle and some might not've noticed it, but Kenny's been tossing these little sneers and shots at UK for a few years now.

Doesn't bother me, though, that TNT crew's good for laughs, but nobody should take em too seriously.

Originally posted by TruBluCatFan:
If you are just now adding him you haven't been paying attention for a long time.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
He hasn't been as animated about it in previous Tournaments as he is this year. He has really not even tried to hide his belittling thus far this year.

Originally posted by Dallas-Wild:

Originally posted by Bluest Member:

GO TO HELL Kenny smith you mental midget,your noshow unc education is showing
This
Indeed, Clark's ability to articulate a thought makes Smith look like a worm. Barkley like a fattened spring robin.

Originally posted by wromanp7:
His body language is awful. Any fan of any team should hate his deflating demeanor.
mr. "I'm going to be the objectionable one and pretend it's just being objective.

He essentially said most coaches could do what Calipari is doing with this much talent.

And yet his Tar Heels, loaded with 6 McDonald's All-Americans, almost lost to an Ivy League team tonight.

Originally posted by Son_Of_Saul:
He essentially said most coaches could do what Calipari is doing with this much talent.

And yet his Tar Heels, loaded with 6 McDonald's All-Americans, almost lost to an Ivy League team tonight.
Yeah, nobody ever accused Kenny Smith of having an IQ north of 85, either.

All said and done, nobody can argue that he got the best education while in college.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I can't look at him or listen to what he says. Need I say I don't much like him?

The best part is watching Kenny and Charles pretend that they have watched more than a handful of college basketball games this year. Those guys are good for laughs during NBA broadcasts, but their shallow commentary yesterday was pretty embarrassing.

I don't mind the UK hate from Kenny. I prefer that the haters make themselves known instead of hiding it and trying to use logic to explain why they never pick UK outside of the heavily favored games.

I do not even have a haters list, but I do put their comments on haters list, I was shocked to hear how bias Vern was last night even at one time when it was mentioned subs, "they sub a 7 fter for a 6'11" and vern goes, and you know its not really fair i was think wtf

Now come on everyone. This talk of Kenny and the low IQ is hitting below the belt.
Doesn't he have a degree from UNC in African American Studies. Lets GIVE him credits. At least that's what they do at UNC.

Originally posted by wromanp7:
His body language is awful. Any fan of any team should hate his deflating demeanor.
He used to laugh and joke with Barkley all the time and they were fun to watch, Kenny seems sullen and miserable all the time now, believe there is more to it than his disdain of UK. I haven't seen the old Kenny in a pretty good while now. He may be tired of the gig and just won't quit because of the money.

Not saying anyone is wrong, but don't we think every media person hates us? Maybe I'm not paying enough attention but I haven't noticed the UK hate.

Should have seen him at the Final Four last year after the WI game. When the camera was not on he just looked deflated and not talking to anyone. My wife who has no clue who he is, who he played for, etc. turned to me and said that guy at the stage just looks mad or something. I turned around to look and sure enough ole Smith looked like someone just stole his lunch money.

Still waiting for Smith to say anything insightful.

Just because you have a NBA show doesn't make you credible to be on the NCAA telecast.

Someone is reaching if they think Smith is entertaining or even remotely knowledgeable. Like Chuck always says, talk about stealing money.

Barkley had it right when he said a loss would have been "Christmas in March."

Originally posted by KMKAT:
Still waiting for Smith to say anything insightful.

Just because you have a NBA show doesn't make you credible to be on the NCAA telecast.

Someone is reaching if they think Smith is entertaining or even remotely knowledgeable. Like Chuck always says, talk about stealing money.

Truth

Barkley was discussing the fact that UNCheat almost lost. He looked at Kenny and said that he almost had Christmas early. I'm sure Carolina fans hated that. Barkley openly states that he likes UK and has a good relationship with John Calipari.

Guarantee that there is a ton of UK hate at ESPN in general. Many ACC people and UNC/Duke grads and players there. They HATE seeing UK ascending the past few years. It kills them. Cal's success and especially UNC's recent mediocrity is wearing on them.

Enjoy the hate.

Originally posted by brianboone99:
Not saying anyone is wrong, but don't we think every media person hates us? .
Indeed we do, we tend to be a paranoid bunch. However, I will say, with Kenny Smith, it's quite a bit more obvious than our other alleged haters, I mean seriously, when you can clearly overhear the guy saying "Go Hampton" when they go to break you ain't just being paranoid.

And it's been going on for years now. Aside from the verbal shots, what I've noticed are the facial expressions, making these disdainful little sneers when his sidekicks start praising Cal or UK.

That said, doesn't bother me. I still like those guys, and think they can be pretty damn funny at times, even if it is obvious that one of em always wants us to lose.

ESPN president is a North Carolina grad. I wonder why they kept the lid on the Carolina scandal so long.

Originally posted by FFWhite:
ESPN president is a North Carolina grad. I wonder why they kept the lid on the Carolina scandal so long.
Good point. The list of UNC influential grads is as long as any university's. They have had a huge influence in college basketball for over 60 years. They are rich, famous and very much in control of the image of UNC. They will skate the current scandal and move forward. Too much money for the NCAA to put the hammer down.

Originally posted by UK90:
Originally posted by brianboone99:
Not saying anyone is wrong, but don't we think every media person hates us? .
Indeed we do, we tend to be a paranoid bunch. However, I will say, with Kenny Smith, it's quite a bit more obvious than our other alleged haters, I mean seriously, when you can clearly overhear the guy saying "Go Hampton" when they go to break you ain't just being paranoid.

And it's been going on for years now. Aside from the verbal shots, what I've noticed are the facial expressions, making these disdainful little sneers when his sidekicks start praising Cal or UK.

That said, doesn't bother me. I still like those guys, and think they can be pretty damn funny at times, even if it is obvious that one of em always wants us to lose.
Oh really? I didn't hear the Go Hampton comment. Everyone wants to root for the underdogs it seems. I agree though. I think they're funny. Good group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT