ADVERTISEMENT

Adande: African-American assistant coaches are the victims

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
https://theundefeated.com/features/black-assistant-coaches-get-hurt-the-most-in-recruiting-scandals/

"The most remarkable aspect of the government case that ripped apart college basketball last week is that the closest thing to a victim might be the alleged perpetrators in the middle of this, the ones who were doing what their job required: the African-American assistant coaches.

"Everyone got what they wanted from the transactions detailed by the FBI. The shoe companies, agents and financial advisers got their “in” with potential moneymaking clients of the future. The players and their families got their cash. The basketball programs got their recruits."

Reactions: Aike
https://theundefeated.com/features/black-assistant-coaches-get-hurt-the-most-in-recruiting-scandals/

"Everyone got what they wanted from the transactions detailed by the FBI. The shoe companies, agents and financial advisers got their “in” with potential moneymaking clients of the future. The players and their families got their cash. The basketball programs got their recruits."

Adande just made a wildly illogical statement when it comes to making a reasonable argument right here. Ummmmmm........I want 10 kilos of cocaine, so I give the drug dealer $50K, or whatever 10 kilos of cocaine cost. Very good. I got what I wanted, and the drug dealer got what he wanted. So why does the government have a problem with this? They should just mind their own business, since we both got what we wanted out of the deal. SMH

And here we go.....

Told the old lady last week that this was coming.

African American Coaches, predominately poor African American kids, big bad white sneaker companies.

But, I don't blame any of these kids for s**t. Coaches different story.

Adande just made a wildly illogical statement when it comes to making a reasonable argument right here. Ummmmmm........I want 10 kilos of cocaine, so I give the drug dealer $50K, or whatever 10 kilos of cocaine cost. Very good. I got what I wanted, and the drug dealer got what he wanted. So why does the government have a problem with this? They should just mind their own business, since we both got what we wanted out of the deal. SMH
Exactly, I was about to post the same thing. Adande is looking for a way, even an idiotic way, to make this a race situation. It isn't. It is simply low character people doing low character things and getting caught. Their race has nothing to do with their act or the investigation. How pathetic can a writer be.

If they weren't born in Africa, then they aren't African-American.

If they don't have dual citizenship with a country in Africa, they are not African-American.

Those are the only ways to become African-American.

If you're born in America, you're American. You could even argue anyone born in America is a Native American.

That aside, it doesn't matter what color your skin is- if you do something illegal you have to pay a fine, got to jail, or both.

The truly sad thing is this guy is the director of sports journalism at Northwestern, a prestigious school.

Coach 2 told me he is African American from his hips down. His words. Not mine. But according to FBI statement he does have a "large swaying penis"

This piece is so shockingly bereft of perspective, depth and common sense that it is hard to believe it was written by a professional writer.

What it describes is essentially the dilemma of every mid-level employee in every high pressure job on earth, regardless of race. And none of them are excused from behaving ethically and obeying the law.

You are an associate at a law firm and under pressure to win cases. Do you bribe a witness to change his testimony? You are a financial adviser in a large firm under pressure to bring in clients. Do you lie about what you can deliver, or create a mini-ponzi scheme to create fake results? I actually had a friend who was a top-level journalist in Washington, under pressure to compete for major stories with top news organizations. He got caught faking interviews and his career was destroyed and he never worked again in that business. He was white, by the way.

ESPN should be embarrassed by this. But of course it is precisely the type of nonsense it is pushing as 'edgy commentary' these days.

THAT is why is stay away from the Undefeated. Garbage, garbage, garbage...extension of ESPN's new social consciousness focus with a ONE-SIDED viewpoint and the main stage at the "worldwide leader." Take a stroll over there and look at the staff page. First Caucasian you see is a "style" writer about 30 people down. No thanks.

Most of you take too much at face value and are too quick to dismiss other perspectives.

It's not a factual article. Adande isn't trying to be factual, but there is probably some truth to it.

Now, please continue with this entirely predictable internet thread that will consist of bad memes and complaints about political correctness and the evils of the liberal media.

Honestly, you hear the race card being played so often the last 10 years it just makes me question the truth of the issues even more. The race excuse is so blatantly overused that real race issues get lost in the false accusations. Kinda like the little boy who cried wolf.

I truly doubt that Kaepernick, Jamele Hill, Lebron, Steven A, Shannon Sharpe or almost any of these rich pampered self defined "stars" have to deal with a lot of racism.... unlike 30 years ago when the race issues were real.

As for these "Victims"... really? These men, regardless of color, broke the laws & rules of their own free will. No one was forced to do it because they were black. That's just another BS excuse to try to justify thug actions. I'm so over the excuses... man up and quit being the stereo types you complain about all the time.

Just my opinion.

Most of you take too much at face value and are too quick to dismiss other perspectives.

It's not a factual article. Adande isn't trying to be factual, but there is probably some truth to it.

Please by all means enlighten us as to why "It's not a factual article. Adande isn't trying to be factual, but there is probably some truth to it."

So Adande is trying to lie? to what purpose? Is it OK for someone to use their position to present fake and non factual info as truth to sway opinion?

I'm calling BS on this and your condescending post. You're no more intelligent, superior, or any any way qualified to judge anyone.

Now, please continue with this entirely predictable internet thread that will consist of bad memes and complaints about political correctness and the evils of the liberal media.

The fact that his opinion isn't based on facts is kind of the problem...

Honestly, you hear the race card being played so often the last 10 years it just makes me question the truth of the issues even more. The race excuse is so blatantly overused that real race issues get lost in the false accusations. Kinda like the little boy who cried wolf.

I truly doubt that Kaepernick, Jamele Hill, Lebron, Steven A, Shannon Sharpe or almost any of these rich pampered self defined "stars" have to deal with a lot of racism.... unlike 30 years ago when the race issues were real.

As for these "Victims"... really? These men, regardless of color, broke the laws & rules of their own free will. No one was forced to do it because they were black. That's just another BS excuse to try to justify thug actions. I'm so over the excuses... man up and quit being the stereo types you complain about all the time.

Just my opinion.

And then we go full on racist here. Why hold back?

Again, you aren't seeing the bigger picture. Naturally, a lot of black people in the athletic world would like to see more black head coaches due to players being like 90% black. There is nothing wrong with that given that black people weren't allowed to play college basketball 50 years ago. Adande sees this as a setback to that and it does involve mostly black assistant coaches taking directions.

That's all true. So what?

"The most remarkable aspect of the government case that ripped apart college basketball last week is that the closest thing to a victim might be the alleged perpetrators in the middle of this, the ones who were doing what their job required: the African-American assistant coaches.

This is the narrative that fuels the racial divide in the country black criminals are always the victim. It's racist for them to be held accountable for their crimes.

how dare you not be sympathetic to their history/roots. shame on you. lets give em the world.

The one I hate is Native American. Pretty sure the vast majority of citizens were born in the US, so we are all Native Americans. Every culture, nationality or race that was on this land before the Pilgrims arrived came from someone else. And the Indians were conquering other tribes just the same as the white man did. And from everything I have ever heard, American Indians didn't even prefer to be called Native Americans. It still has the word America in it. Pretty sure they prefer to be called by their tribal names, Navaho, Sioux, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT