ADVERTISEMENT

Actual effective consequence for poor play?

bryanperkey

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2016
Toledo, Ohio
In listening to Cal today (Alabama preview video), he may implement a different consequence for a player not playing well? The player will simply play less. How much less is anyone’s guess at this point. However, the bigger questions for me are will this be implemented and will it be consistent for everyone?

Additionally, he indicated that team success is more important than trying to help the individual player. Cal (at this point) seems more focused on team success through not playing a player that is under performing versus allowing that player to play with numerous mishaps. I understand both approaches and I am glad there is now a possibility for a new approach, because it seems to fit better now than in November.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
In listening to Cal today (Alabama preview video), he may implement a different consequence for a player not playing well? The player will simply play less. How much less is anyone’s guess at this point. However, the bigger questions for me are will this be implemented and will it be consistent for everyone?

Additionally, he indicated that team success is more important than trying to help the individual player. Cal (at this point) seems more focused on team success through not playing a player that is under performing versus allowing that player to play with numerous mishaps. I understand both approaches and I am glad there is now a possibility for a new approach, because it seems to fit better now than in November.

That's great news hope he carries through with it and doesn't give in....

giphy.gif

Wow - what an amazing breakthrough! Give a player who's underperforming less playing time. Cal's always out on the cutting edge.

So does that mean Gabriel and Jones better not make any mistakes or Diallo and Washington will be getting even more of their minutes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT