ADVERTISEMENT

According to Larry vaught

images

Reactions: RackOps
Like reflaine said above, the White Pom Poms at a night game looks great!!

Some of our fans..."we need to get better at football". Yet, when UK starts doing what the rest of the country does to help with exposure and recruiting..."this is dumb everyone boycott it!". The idiocy of some people in this fan base is deep. Remember when "stars don't matter?". Yet somehow we're better with players that have more stars? It's for the kids, recruiting and national exposure. If you don't like it sell your tickets to a real fan who is on board with helping the program. You are welcome to wear whatever you want in your living room.

UKAthletics has confirmed the white pom poms are back Saturday night. So awesome. What an atmosphere this will be.

Reactions: wyldecat
I hate the white outs and black outs. Just play football.
They are going to just play.

Unless you're talking about the fans that this announcement was for. In which case, if the fans go on the field and play football, we'll get too many men on the field penalties and lose. So don't play football, and just wear a dann white shirt to the game already.

Our fanbase does not get to complain about white outs and black outs. I watched our stadium against EKU just sit on its hands and collectively tell EKU, "act like this is your house. We would hate to disrupt your offense by actually making some noise or getting into our seats by kickoff." The fact is that the homes of traditional powers that have home field advantage because their fans love football do not give the little sisters of the poor a break. They make noise and take pride in the fact that their house is a mad house for opponents. If I closed my eyes for the EKU game, it would have been difficult to tell whose defense was on the field. So, I don't really have much patience for fans who act like the game of football is all they care about. Show me and then I might buy what is being sold.

It will be easy on Saturday night to get hyped, but it needs to be real every home game, not just for those teams that we think are worthy.

I think these sort of gimmicks can add a bit of juice to the atmosphere. It brings a nice cohesion to the stadium. Of course it has virtually no impact on what happens on the field but it can still be fun and look cool.

It's silly when people say they just want to see good football, well no shit that's the most important thing for all of BBN, that should go without saying. It's ok to have an interest in our uniforms while also rooting for the team to play well, those things aren't mutually exclusive. Some people need to lighten up. The players/recruits seem to like it so why shouldn't we do it? It should totally be their choice on what they want to wear.

The all white look is one of my favorite combinations, very sharp. I prefer them over the blackout and blue out varieties. I'd also like to see us break out the chrome helmets with white unis at some point.

I think these sort of gimmicks can add a bit of juice to the atmosphere. It brings a nice cohesion to the stadium. Of course it has virtually no impact on what happens on the field but it can still be fun and look cool.

It's silly when people say they just want to see good football, well no shit that's the most important thing for all of BBN, that should go without saying. It's ok to have an interest in our uniforms while also rooting for the team to play well, those things aren't mutually exclusive. Some people need to lighten up. The players/recruits seem to like it so why shouldn't we do it? It should totally be their choice on what they want to wear.

The all white look is one of my favorite combinations, very sharp. I prefer them over the blackout and blue out varieties. I'd also like to see us break out the chrome helmets with white unis at some point.

Honestly, I would love to see UK break out white helmets, white facemasks, and a chrome UK logo, even though that's almost certainly not a combination possibility, but still.

White outs always look cool though. I'm all about it.

Reactions: Wvvrn
Honestly, I would love to see UK break out white helmets, white facemasks, and a chrome UK logo, even though that's almost certainly not a combination possibility, but still.

White outs always look cool though. I'm all about it.
White helmet/facemask with a chrome logo would be sweet. Jumping off your idea, it would be cool to see those helmets and white jerseys with chrome numbers with a blue outline. Nike needs to hire us to design UKs uniforms, we'd have them on point.

White helmet/facemask with a chrome logo would be sweet. Jumping off your idea, it would be cool to see those helmets and white jerseys with chrome numbers with a blue outline. Nike needs to hire us to design UKs uniforms, we'd have them on point.

Pretty much. Look, another thing with the whole white on white helmet design.. an enlarged (about 3x in size of the current one) chrome UK outline, chrome center stripe, and two thinner chrome blue strips on both sides of the middle stripe.

Totally agree on the jersey too. If you want to get really fancy, chrome checkerboards, chrome numbers with blue outlines on those white jerseys. Leave the pants as is.

Reactions: Wvvrn
Force every fan to take shots of whiskey before allowing them to enter the establishment !

It takes force?

I'm with as long as we shake the captains hands and Johnson doesn't take a flop

Classless SC team and QB.

Seriously, I'm there in white from head-to-toe, and will have my water bottle empty early and full of dimes. Loudest noise-maker you can imagine.

Reactions: Cardsstink
Give every fan a white piece of cardboard with a realistic photo hologram of a football. Each card has the football at a slightly different size and angle.

Any time UF attempts a pass, hold your sign up and slightly move it. 60,000 holograms moving at once while the ball is in the air.

I love these special "outs" but I only question it here considering Florida will be wearing white. Love the idea though.

I love these special "outs" but I only question it here considering Florida will be wearing white. Love the idea though.
If I'm not mistaken I think it's up to the home team if they want to go solids or whites. If UK decides it's a whiteout then the Gators will be forced to wear blue or orange.

Another type not needed. Big schools do these things and more importantly the recruits and players love it. More so than some old negative way of thinking. This post is just sad and pathetic.

Since my last post got deleted, I'll be a little more "friendly" with this one. I was being sarcastic, CLEARLY. Folks who can't get obvious sarcasm are not needed and it's sad. Sad and pathetic.
SMH.

you could just be bad at it....

LOL, nah, this one is on you my friend. Hell, I began the post with a "eye roll face" and the first sentence says "I have to get mad about something!!"

It's all good, your sarcasm detector just needs (major) improvement.

Its eye candy for recruits, it demonstrates emphasis to our opponents, it unifies the crowd, it looks good on TV and it encourages our team. If you don't get it, you probably don't get the "football stuff," either.

No, you're just bad at it...

Interesting. Please explain. You tell me exactly what it is about that post that doesn't make it obvious it's filled with sarcasm. I'll wait.

P.S. I can play your little game forever, which by the way, you're really bad at.

Interesting. Please explain. You tell me exactly what it is about that post that doesn't make it obvious it's filled with sarcasm. I'll wait.

P.S. I can play your little game forever, which by the way, you're really bad at.
maybe it's just something else you're bad at?

ADVERTISEMENT