ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Rodgers wants Randall Cobb

StubbornPenny

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2009

Hope it works for Cobb, no one wants to be in Houston this year

I still think Cobb can be a weapon in short yardage plays but the last few seasons he's been mediocre but this upcoming year will be his 11th year in the NFL and that alone is an accomplishment and shows that teams still see his worth.

Last edited:
I still think Cobb can be a weapon in short yardage plays but the last few seasons he's been mediocre but this upcoming year will be his 11th year in the NFL and that alone is an accomplishment and shows that teams still see his worth.
Watson almost never threw to Cobb. Watson limited himself to a couple of receivers or his legs. Cobb was on my fantasy team two years in a row. I felt horrible for him. Lol

Reactions: Chuckinden

Hope it works for Cobb, no one wants to be in Houston this year

Rodgers knows a smart, hard working receiver who's a great team player. I'd actually watch again if these two were working together. Cobb is a great Wildcat and a really cool kid.

Rodgers knows a smart, hard working receiver who's a great team player. I'd actually watch again if these two were working together. Cobb is a great Wildcat and a really cool kid.
Hopefully some day soon he and WW will be in some capacity with UK FB...two class acts and hardest workers ever at UK.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Packer guy here who follows the team closely. Aaron loves Randall, but this move is about sticking it to the GM. Gutekunst never liked Randall and tried to trade him as soon as he took over as GM. There were no takers, so he let Randall walk after 2018. Gutekunst also didn't want Jordy Nelson, offering him a 1 year $2 mil contract which was an insult. Jordy later said it was obvious Gutekunst did not want him. This all ticked Aaron off. Aaron wants Gutekunst to eat crow and bring Randall back with his 8.25 mil contract. This is an Aaron Rodgers power play.

Packer guy here who follows the team closely. Aaron loves Randall, but this move is about sticking it to the GM. Gutekunst never liked Randall and tried to trade him as soon as he took over as GM. There were no takers, so he let Randall walk after 2018. Gutekunst also didn't want Jordy Nelson, offering him a 1 year $2 mil contract which was an insult. Jordy later said it was obvious Gutekunst did not want him. This all ticked Aaron off. Aaron wants Gutekunst to eat crow and bring Randall back with his 8.25 mil contract. This is an Aaron Rodgers power play.

The GM sounds like a kunst

Heck, I want Randall Cobb. Give the man a scholly. Dude's a machine, and one of the best football players UK has ever had. Power play or not, I'd love to see Cobb come back to a team with a better QB and better passing.

8.2M is a small amount to pay if it means they get a relatively happy A Rodgers for another season.

Not a Packers fan so I'd love to know a little more of the backstory on this. How could a GM "never like" Randall Cobb? Guy who performs on the field, gets in no trouble off the field, and is a good teammate and locker room guy? How could a new GM come in and go "we gotta get rid of this Randall Cobb guy." ?

Bad precedent IMO, what does that say to the other receivers ? Especially when everyone knows this is a one and done season for Rodgers. Optics on this is terrible 🍺

I would be that every receiver on that team would agree with signing Cobb if it meant keeping Rodgers. He's a guy you bend the rules for and the whole organization knows it.

Reactions: Girthang
Not a Packers fan so I'd love to know a little more of the backstory on this. How could a GM "never like" Randall Cobb? Guy who performs on the field, gets in no trouble off the field, and is a good teammate and locker room guy? How could a new GM come in and go "we gotta get rid of this Randall Cobb guy." ?

Some GMs are all about the name brand and profile. They don't give a squat about 3rd down or drive saving plays, team first attitude, or football IQ. They only care about >40 yard bombs for TDs, 40 times, height, and look.

Rodgers is walking after this year, of course depending on the results. Did either side win? Not really, but Aaron called out the GM via channels, and is comfortable enough to struggle with his paltry pay and gut it out.
When Cobb comes in, he'll teach Amari Rodgers how to be a pro and how to make it a decade in a tough sport.

And I too thought Watson to Cobb was exactly what Houston needed, but trading Hopkins killed that team out of the gate.

The Packers will be the focus of everyone watching this year, and the ratings will probably show this.

Reactions: sefus12
Hell yeah. I'm glad he's back. I got tickets to watch the Packers play at Lambeau against the Steelers on October 3rd. Seven rows back. Good chance I might be able to get a Lambeau leap. $1,000 for two tickets bought in early july seems more worth it every day!

• Wow
Reactions: jameslee32
Hell yeah. I'm glad he's back. I got tickets to watch the Packers play at Lambeau against the Steelers on October 3rd. Seven rows back. Good chance I might be able to get a Lambeau leap. $1,000 for two tickets bought in early july seems more worth it every day!
Nothing like the Frozen Tundra but GB is visiting Cincy on October 10th. I paid $68 for one. Row 6 of the upper deck. Packer fans will be everywhere as usual. We will tailgate rain or shine as usual.

Nothing like the Frozen Tundra but GB is visiting Cincy on October 10th. I paid $68 for one. Row 6 of the upper deck. Packer fans will be everywhere as usual. We will tailgate rain or shine as usual.
I've never been to Lambeau or I would have

I've never been a real fan of the NFL, but I have always pulled for the Packers. I lost all interest when Cobb left. Hot-damn, I'm a Packers fan again.

He only eats crow if Cobb shines. No GM in the rear view mirror is perfect, but GB’s seems to have made some good decisions. Not sure letting Cobb go was a bad one. Rodgers almost seems as if he does not care about this year.

When Cobb comes in, he'll teach Amari Rodgers how to be a pro and how to make it a decade in a tough sport.

This is the most understandable reason for paying Cobb more than any other GM would and “pacifying” Rodgers. If Amari is mentored by Cobb, the dividend will show for the next GB QB.

Reactions: KMKAT
Pro. Pro. Pro. Consummate pro. Dude represents. When I listen to Josh Paschal and Wan’Dale and Square and others on our current team, I see the legacy of great players like Cobb. I hope every UK player sees him as their aspiration.

thanks for the link.

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT