ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Perry..

Derek Terry

Senior
Staff
Aug 22, 2013
Lexington, Ky.
Nothing is official yet, and there's still several weeks (July 15) before the deadline for draftees to sign, but confidence in Aaron Perry showing up on campus is starting to dwindle. He was drafted by Boston in the 14th round (No. 431 overall).

We'll see what happens. I reached out to him for an interview and he didn't respond. Apparently he's not talking to many people outside of his family right now. Some scouts I talked to were adamant that he'd go to school because of his size (5'10, 175) but it sounds like the idea of playing pro ball right now might lure him away.

IMO he'd be a tough loss to UK's class. One, he's very talented and is definitely a future weekend guy if he were to go to college. But the bigger reason it would be a big loss is because mostly everyone I talked to this spring thought he'd go to school, especially after the stress fracture in his elbow. Like I said, nothing official yet and there's still plenty of time for things to change. Just wanted to give an update on the latest I've heard.

Nothing is official yet, and there's still several weeks (July 15) before the deadline for draftees to sign, but confidence in Aaron Perry showing up on campus is starting to dwindle. He was drafted by Boston in the 14th round (No. 431 overall).

We'll see what happens. I reached out to him for an interview and he didn't respond. Apparently he's not talking to many people outside of his family right now. Some scouts I talked to were adamant that he'd go to school because of his size (5'10, 175) but it sounds like the idea of playing pro ball right now might lure him away.

IMO he'd be a tough loss to UK's class. One, he's very talented and is definitely a future weekend guy if he were to go to college. But the bigger reason it would be a big loss is because mostly everyone I talked to this spring thought he'd go to school, especially after the stress fracture in his elbow. Like I said, nothing official yet and there's still plenty of time for things to change. Just wanted to give an update on the latest I've heard.
Seems like this would be no-brainer for him between rehabbing and development...much better at UK

I think the draft and losing recruits is just another thing that makes college baseball great. Recruiting isnt as simple as finding the best. You've got to find the ones that will go to school and you've got to figure out how you can allot your scholarships accordingly.

I think the draft and losing recruits is just another thing that makes college baseball great. Recruiting isnt as simple as finding the best. You've got to find the ones that will go to school and you've got to figure out how you can allot your scholarships accordingly.
Yes, figure out how to divide 11.7 scholarships between 24 or 25 players !

I was told to expect a decision from Cantillo this week, probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Last I heard UK felt good about it but that was last week. Will see if I can find out more.

Reactions: parrott
W
I was told to expect a decision from Cantillo this week, probably tomorrow or Wednesday. Last I heard UK felt good about it but that was last week. Will see if I can find out more.
Hat about Lewis? Any word on Jordan and Marshall's progress?

Also, one person told me Perry might've been going the JUCO route even if he didn't sign. Another reminder that recruiting for college baseball is not an easy job.

Perry would have been great to get. A guy who throws 95 out of high school would have been amazing. Especially considering that we're losing our closer... he would have been simply outstanding to have fill in those shoes. Could have followed the same model as Hjelle.

ADVERTISEMENT