ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Hernandez found hanging in

Well he sold his soul a long time ago. The devil just came to collect his due.

This dude was Satan. He shot his best friend for talking to somebody he did not like. Then he kills a couple guys for accidentally spilling a drink that's nuts.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
This dude was Satan. He shot his best friend for talking to somebody he did not like. Then he kills a couple guys for accidentally spilling a drink that's nuts.

I don't disagree that his actions were absolutely horrific. Again, no doubt he should've been punished. My statement about this being sad for Hernandez himself is simply b/c I just think it is extremely sad that anyone can reach a point in their life that those decisions are even on their radar, much less that they choose to act on them.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
I don't disagree that his actions were absolutely horrific. Again, no doubt he should've been punished. My statement about this being sad for Hernandez himself is simply b/c I just think it is extremely sad that anyone can reach a point in their life that those decisions are even on their radar, much less that they choose to act on them.
He was crazy as a child I promise you that. This is a sad case because he was a freak athlete nobody helped him. This guy needed to be institutionalized.

Can't say I'm sad for him at all, he was a gangsta, not a wanna be, but a full fledged gangsta who got what he deserved in the end. It's all the other people on both sides of families involved that you feel bad for, having to go through all that they have. Just think Hernandez was one of those guys who was doomed in life and there was little to nothing that could ever have been done to save him or turn him around.

And there were some rumors about him maybe having a body count in Gainesville. Some even say he was a big part of Urbans "health issues" while he was there. Urban and Reggie Nelson made comments after his trial about how out of control he was. He was definitely a bad dude. Too bad he took the chicken shizzle way out.

I don't have any sympathy for him. What so ever. I do feel bad for his 4 year old daughter and Odin Llyod's family.

Reactions: jauk11
No tears here. The guy definitely had issues, and he threw everything away to be a punk.

And there were some rumors about him maybe having a body count in Gainesville. Some even say he was a big part of Urbans "health issues" while he was there. Urban and Reggie Nelson made comments after his trial about how out of control he was. He was definitely a bad dude. Too bad he took the chicken shizzle way out.

CNN did a really interesting special on his time at UF a few years ago. Got away with a lot of bad stuff.

Reactions: dcspurlock
Yeah... Murdered, huh? While in protective custody by tying a 5 ft long prison bed linen around his neck and it having the ability to cut off the air to his 6'6"-ish 300-ish pound neck on his giant frame so he could suffocate to death before any guard had the chance to notice exactly what was going on while looking at the camera that was mounted in his cell...

Those were the conditions my gf (Current PO) said that he was likely under at the time.

Sure. That sounds reasonable to me... Good riddance!

This guy was a convicted, not accused, murderer, had his day in court and was convicted by a jury. Maybe bad to say, but justice has been served.

Disagree, legally speaking. He was in the appeals process of his conviction, but high means it want active, he wasn't learly officially convicted because he was appealing... and now that's how it will be from now till eternity... money doesn't replace losing your family member but if you think Hernandez killing himself to get his 18+ mil away fom Lloyds family to give it to his kid is justice... agree to disagree on this one.

Disagree, legally speaking. He was in the appeals process of his conviction, but high means it want active, he wasn't learly officially convicted because he was appealing... and now that's how it will be from now till eternity... money doesn't replace losing your family member but if you think Hernandez killing himself to get his 18+ mil away fom Lloyds family to give it to his kid is justice... agree to disagree on this one.
I'd
like to revisit this post and apologize on behalf of Samsung's auto correct for the completely unintelligible mess it is. I could give a damn less about losing FaceTime, losing apples spellchecking function. Samsung sucks bad on that front.

Abatement ab initio means his conviction is wiped away. Hernandez is legally innocent at this point. For whatever that is worth.

I don't know that it keeps his money away from Lloyd's family or not. Probably not, but it might make the wrongful death case more difficult.

Seems like a silly legal doctrine to have on the books, but it is what it is.

Reactions: Jon(-24)

So, how long do the lawyers swearing he didn't do it and the lawyers swearing he was just a misunderstood guy normally have to collect the publics money before he would exhaust all his avenues, doesn't it normally take about ten years to get justice even if you are a serial killer?------and sometimes after TWELVE years the person is actually exonerated (no chance in this case, JMO, but read Adams vs Texas). What an expensive and screwed up mess our justice system is that our lawyers "representing" us in our legislatures (a few years ago 70% of my state legislature had law degrees-------most of them need it to know how much they can steal before going to jail) have created. And they are busy every day figuring out another law to get more money out of the public to support their shenanigans. A favorite is the traffic fines.

CNN did a really interesting special on his time at UF a few years ago. Got away with a lot of bad stuff.

Yes, and Meyer might have contributed to some murders by letting him get away with some of the stuff he did that Meyer knew about.

For those thinking his suicide might be suspicious, sometimes they are mighty determined, when I got out of the Army in Texas and lived with my brother a couple of weeks looking for a job he thought it was strange that one man's death was ruled a suicide when he shot himself in the head five times.

Then several years ago a very successful and respected man that suffered from chronic depression didn't take any chances and shot himself in the head while on a chair with a noose around his neck.

I think suicide is the coward's way out most of the time and just adds to the anguish they put their family and friends through. But this one wasn't nearly as bad as most.

The prison released a statement that Hernandez would be unavailable for the prison team.

The prison released a statement that Hernandez would be unavailable for the prison team.

Our city league team went into the local Federal Prison and played them a game, beat them too, but that was in flag football and they probably hadn't practiced that much.

Abatement ab initio means his conviction is wiped away. Hernandez is legally innocent at this point. For whatever that is worth.

I don't know that it keeps his money away from Lloyd's family or not. Probably not, but it might make the wrongful death case more difficult.

Seems like a silly legal doctrine to have on the books, but it is what it is.

That's 100% what I was trying to say before typos took my legs out from under me. The appeal puts the conviction away. They'll still go after wrongful death on his estate, but it'll be a hell of a lot tougher. Having the criminal conviction with the higher burden of proof made civil case a walk in the park, now they don't have the criminal conviction.

Abatement ab initio is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Why would you reverse a conviction upon death? Death should halt things exactly where they were at the time, especially once a conviction has occurred. I'm a lawyer and I've literally never heard of that doctrine until this situation.

Abatement ab initio is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Why would you reverse a conviction upon death? Death should halt things exactly where they were at the time, especially once a conviction has occurred. I'm a lawyer and I've literally never heard of that doctrine until this situation.
Your name is. Just asking so that I never hire you or anyone from your law firm. With that out of the way. Old boy pulled a good one didn't he.

Reactions: Jon(-24)
That's 100% what I was trying to say before typos took my legs out from under me. The appeal puts the conviction away. They'll still go after wrongful death on his estate, but it'll be a hell of a lot tougher. Having the criminal conviction with the higher burden of proof made civil case a walk in the park, now they don't have the criminal conviction.

that does not matter
ask O.J

in a criminal case the burden of proof is on the accuser
in a civil case the burden of proof is on the accused
that is why O.J won his criminal case but lost his civil suit

Disclaimer: each state may vary

I didn't see it posted may have overread it. But hernandez killing himself was actually a genius move in his end and may have been the best thing for him to do for his family, Mass. law is that if you die while waiting for your appeal, that the verdict will be overturned and essentially his record is clean as if he never committed the crimes. He is a convicted murderer and absolute scum. But by him doing this and with the law the way it is he technically didn't violate the terms of his contract with the patriots and they will likely owe Hernandez next to kin, his daughter, 14-15 million.

So unfortunately, him doing this only benefits him. He was never going to see the light of day anyways. And even though everyone knows he's a murderer, in the eyes of the Mass. law him dying while waiting on his appeal makes him an 'innocent man', if he even cared about that idk, doubt that had any bearing on his decision to take his own life but if he thought that'd help his legacy then maybe, but the part he does care about is his daughter and fiancé being set for life even though its not deserving.

I do hate the patriots though so I don't mind it hitting the franchises pockets but I also think it's very silly that a convicted murderer is basically able to steal money he did not deserve in the least bit for his family to be set for life by taking his own. I don't think this man deserved any goodwill like that going his way and unfortunately it did because of a ridiculous law. He should've had to have played for the patriots during the duration of his contract to earn this money like all football players and anyone under contract does. Instead he got to murder people, kill himself in jail and that's all he needed to do to earn this money as apposed to performing the job he signed up for. Still screwing people over for his own benefit all while being 6 feet under.

Last edited:
I didn't see it posted may have overread it. But hernandez killing himself was actually a genius move in his end and may have been the best thing for him to do for his family, Mass. law is that if you die while waiting for your appeal, that the verdict will be overturned and essentially his record is clean as if he never committed the crimes. He is a convicted murderer and absolute scum. But by him doing this and with the law the way it is he technically didn't violate the terms of his contract with the patriots and they will likely owe Hernandez next to kin, his daughter, 14-15 million.

So unfortunately, him doing this only benefits him. He was never going to see the light of day anyways. And even though everyone knows he's a murderer, in the eyes of the Mass. law him dying while waiting on his appeal makes him an 'innocent man', if he even cared about that idk, doubt that had any bearing on his decision to take his own life but if he thought that'd help his legacy then maybe, but the part he does care about is his daughter and fiancé being set for life even though its not deserving.

I do hate the patriots though so I don't mind it hitting the franchises pockets but I also think it's very silly that a convicted murderer is basically able to steal money he did not deserve in the least bit for his family to be set for life by taking his own. I don't think this man deserved any goodwill like that going his way and unfortunately it did because of a ridiculous law. He should've had to have played for the patriots during the duration of his contract to earn this money like all football players and anyone under contract does. Instead he got to murder people, kill himself in jail and that's all he needed to do to earn this money as apposed to performing the job he signed up for. Still screwing people over for his own benefit all while being 6 feet under.

He also saved the public a lot of money, expensive to keep someone locked up, and the endless appeals cost even more, especially in a murder conviction.

The other point is that to me this is tantamount to a confession, if he really were innocent he would have to believe that there is some chance the truth would come out eventually.

I would have to call it a win win.

that does not matter
ask O.J

in a criminal case the burden of proof is on the accuser
in a civil case the burden of proof is on the accused
that is why O.J won his criminal case but lost his civil suit

Disclaimer: each state may vary
Even in a civil case, the burden is still on the plaintiff. It's a lighter burden than the burden in a criminal case. Preponderance of the evidence vs. proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT