ADVERTISEMENT

A win over the vols

Sep 20, 2021
this year would im my mind erase all of the ugly loses to the vols in Lexington. There have been so many it’s hard to recall a lot of them. The one I remember the most is the year Randle Cobb did not get the ball on the goal line to win that years game. Being a Tennessee boy made that game especially hard to swallow for Randall. I really believe this years team has the best chance to take them down at Neyland!! We get two weeks to talk about it! GBB

We Play a better style to limit TN but they seem a little much this year. I guess we can always hope they have one of those 4-5 turnover nothing can go right games or maybe we get a pick 6 or our nations leader in return yardage gets loose again

but for now I have 31-24 I don’t think they will be overly great at stopping us (can’t shoot ourselves in the foot but don’t think anyone in the country would be that great at stopping them either.

played a tough game last year. Let’s try not to let them go 80 in 2 plays 2-3 times this game and we will see when the dust settles. Remember KY should probably be 7-0 right now as well.

A win over the Vols this year…

Isn’t happening. GBO 🍊
You guys beat a down Bama squad, who should have run on you late to get into better FG position then played piss poor coverage on you to allow you to get in chip shot FG range, and you think you are Gods gift to football. LOL!

Well you havent played this group of Wildcats yet and we are coming down there in a few weeks and we are bringin hell with us!

A win over the Vols would be bigger than beating #1 LSU, imho. Few reasons why:

1. game’s in neyland
2. we dominated the game last year and still lost
3. they are better this year and we are worse
4. they will have their other star wideout back
5. we are more banged up than they are
6. Stoops historically poor coming off bye week

It will be a monumental task to come out of there with a W, but I do think we can do it. I give us about a 12-15% chance. I believe the following things must happen: We must get healthy. We must win the turnover battle, or at least not lose it. We must get at least one touchdown from either defense or special teams. We must do a better job of protecting Will. C-Rod needs 150+. The secondary needs to have the game of their lives.

If we somehow can win this game, we will snatch recruiting momentum right back from them, as well as the headlines.

It will take a ton of stuff going right for us to have a chance. If it was in lex I'd see it as a coin toss but the vols are too tough at home.

You sir are headed straight to Ignoreland, congrats!
Seriously? For having the opinion that last year's Heisman winner is better than Levis? That's not really a knock on Levis, who I think is a very good QB, and I get that fans tend to be biased towards their own players, but like the rest of the college football world I watched Bryce Young pretty much single-handedly keep his team in the game Saturday. It was an amazing performance by Young. And while Levis is very good I don't think he could ever duplicate what Young did, which is not a knock on Levis. There are very, very few QBs who could have performed like that against the pass rush UT brought at him.

Has Tennessee played a better defense than UK this year? Have they faced a harder running back than CRod? The key to the game for UK is to avoid self-inflicted mistakes.

Alabama has a Top 10 strength of schedule and they are 16th ranked D ( Kentucky is 14)

Gibbs is one of the best RBs I’ve seen and can do it all

It would be bigger than 2016 Louisville when Lamar fumbled, but here’s why I’m intrigued:

- We have absolutely zero expectations of winning this game. We’re playing with house money and the pressure is all on Tennessee.

- We have an NFL First Round QB who has yet to play his best game this season with a bye week to get healthy and prepare.

- We have the best running back in school history on the roster.

- Tennessee got struggle wins against mediocre Pitt and Florida (who we obviously beat). They beat a down Bama team that looked vulnerable all season in their super bowl.

- Our game is a huge let down spot because they play UGA the next week.

- There are players on this roster who beat the living shit out of Tennessee in Knoxville two years ago today.

- If we play mistake free football (which is going to be a tall task based off of what we’ve seen this season) we can absolutely beat them.

- We are not as bad as we’ve looked, and they are not as good as they looked Saturday.

We could play like we did against USC and the first half of MSU and get absolutely dragged by 40, or we could make it a game in the fourth quarter and pull off an all time upset. This will be a Will Levis legacy game.

TN fans be like this after beating Bama.

FU7lbj5WQAIEsnM.jpg

We Play a better style to limit TN but they seem a little much this year. I guess we can always hope they have one of those 4-5 turnover nothing can go right games or maybe we get a pick 6 or our nations leader in return yardage gets loose again

but for now I have 31-24 I don’t think they will be overly great at stopping us (can’t shoot ourselves in the foot but don’t think anyone in the country would be that great at stopping them either.

played a tough game last year. Let’s try not to let them go 80 in 2 plays 2-3 times this game and we will see when the dust settles. Remember KY should probably be 7-0 right now as well.
OK I always try to leave emotion out of anything Kentucky .. so—-this is just one man’s opinion. I’m 70 years old. Kentucky has beaten Tennessee in football 25% of their encounters. When you go over the last 40 years it’s about 10%. They seem to beat us when they are terrible and we are good.

—-did you watch the Tennessee game? I looked this up
Tennessee punted once against Alabama, none against Florida, twice against LSU. They can score on anybody at any time. I am not being Debbie downer it’s just a fact. The release of Hooker is so fast he rarely if ever gets sacked… he just threw his first interception of the year, after having faced six teams of the likes of LSU Florida and Bama and Pittsburgh
. When someone says our defense is as good or better, I want to believe that…
I assume Cedric Tillman, who is better than Jalen Hyatt will be back. They are playing a cupcake this week.
So the facts say regardless of the defense, no one will stop them. Because no one has except maybe Pittsburgh but that was the first game of the year. Generally they stop themselves when they are stopped. They have improved every single game.
Having said all of the above, we have a chance. A slim one but a chance

OK I always try to leave emotion out of anything Kentucky .. so—-this is just one man’s opinion. I’m 70 years old. Kentucky has beaten Tennessee in football 25% of their encounters. When you go over the last 40 years it’s about 10%. They seem to beat us when they are terrible and we are good.

—-did you watch the Tennessee game? I looked this up
Tennessee punted once against Alabama, none against Florida, twice against LSU. They can score on anybody at any time. I am not being Debbie downer it’s just a fact. The release of Hooker is so fast he rarely if ever gets sacked… he just threw his first interception of the year, after having faced six teams of the likes of LSU Florida and Bama and Pittsburgh
. When someone says our defense is as good or better, I want to believe that…
I assume Cedric Tillman, who is better than Jalen Hyatt will be back. They are playing a cupcake this week.
So the facts say regardless of the defense, no one will stop them. Because no one has except maybe Pittsburgh but that was the first game of the year. Generally they stop themselves when they are stopped. They have improved every single game.
Having said all of the above, we have a chance. A slim one but a chance
Probably not better too to bottom but we play a defensive style that will limit them if they can be limited. Alabamas trouble was press man outside and the WR were handing off to safeties and Jalen Hyatt > 99% of safeties that’s a dream match up for them.
same way we would be with Brown in press man if he gets by you he gone.
I’m not even saying we will stop TN but our scheme will make them go down the field. They’re not gonna catch us with Hyatt running by a safety I can assure you.

Probably not better too to bottom but we play a defensive style that will limit them if they can be limited. Alabamas trouble was press man outside and the WR were handing off to safeties and Jalen Hyatt > 99% of safeties that’s a dream match up for them.
same way we would be with Brown in press man if he gets by you he gone.
I’m not even saying we will stop TN but our scheme will make them go down the field. They’re not gonna catch us with Hyatt running by a safety I can assure you.
I hope you’re right. But he’s not as good or fast as Tillman. I watched an analysis by Kirk Herb Street of their office…. Incredibly difficult to defend. Anyone thinks that they are one Dimensional is wrong…. 260 yards rushing 260 yards passing against LSU.

Reactions: Shocker0
I hope you’re right. But he’s not as good or fast as Tillman. I watched an analysis by Kirk Herb Street of their office…. Incredibly difficult to defend. Anyone thinks that they are one Dimensional is wrong…. 260 yards rushing 260 yards passing against LSU.
Hyatt, a track guy, is faster than Tillman, who's strengths are- excellent, aggressive route runner, bigger and stronger than DBs, has a high jump point, will take contested balls away from DBs.

Reactions: KadenMeasles
if there’s any game that our keep everything in front and limit the big plays defense helps us it’s here.
not saying we will even close to shut down the vols but maybe they have to make a few 10 play drives maybe they make a mistake maybe they have 19 penalties like we seemed to have last game. That’s why we play. I didn’t think SC had a shot even without Levis and we seen how that went.
We likely will lose but it’ll be a 35-24 type game not a 52-10 type game.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
I see no way UK tries to get in a race horse type game with UT. I anticipate a snail pace offense by UK hoping to sustain 13-14 play drives for TDs. IMO UK will need to score on every possession, limit UT to no more than 4 possessions each half and come up with 2 stops in each half. If they do that I see UK pulling out a 31-28 type victory. If UK doesn’t get but 1 stop each half, then they lose 42-24.

My concern is that UK becomes very predictable with Rushes on 1st and 2nd downs and try to pass on 3rd down. UT can stack the box and then blitz on 3rd down. So this becomes an offensive line win/lose game. They are going to have to play the game of the season to pull out the win.

Isn’t happening. GBO 🍊
Your team is good this year but the fans are delusional as usual. Offense very good, Defense still meh..500 yards to Bama?
Bama had 20 penalties(including a BS pass interence call to save the game), a horrible gift muffed punt, dropped pass last drive to RB that would have made FG a chip shot. So spare me on the typical over confidence. Bama would roll UT on neutral field if they played again and you know it

There is no if.
Tennessee going to lose by that field goal.
Same field goal that beat Alabama is going to beat them .... And That's if they're lucky.

I know Stoops teams play above their head in these type of games. Take Seven points off the point spread for sure. Not to mention Tennessee throwed the playbook at Alabama. Don't have anything to hide now and plenty of tape..

-10 Tennessee 27
+10 Kentucky 29

Bet the under, take the points and also Kentucky straight up. It's going to be a 4-way winner baby. Three bets and a 9-year-old orange lover crying somewhere. 🛑

Screw you orange loving bastards. I hope you love every second of everything I write. Be that much sweeter in 12 days.

Last edited:

Isn’t happening. GBO 🍊
Seem overly confident and while I think it will be a tall task for the cats it isn’t as clear cut as you think. We won @florida by 10 with our best player not yet seeing a minute of action. You beat florida at home by 5 and gave up 33 points to a squad we only gave 16 and shut out on the 2nd half.

Has Tennessee played a better defense than UK this year? Have they faced a harder running back than CRod? The key to the game for UK is to avoid self-inflicted mistakes.
This. The key is Scang rolling w our bread and butter and pounding CROD while controlling clock….then take your well times shots at chunk plays when you’re already ahead of the chains

I get it “NFL pro style offense” is QB and pass oriented w the run just setting things up typically; it’s a QBs league. But our “NFL offense” needs to be a little more Titans/Derek Henry mirrored while we have CRod back there

There is no if.
Tennessee going to lose by that field goal.
Same field goal that beat Alabama is going to beat them .... And That's if they're lucky.

I know Stoops teams play above their head in these type of games. Take Seven points off the point spread for sure. Not to mention Tennessee throwed the playbook at Alabama. Don't have anything to hide now and plenty of tape..

-10 Tennessee 27
+10 Kentucky 29

Bet the under, take the points and also Kentucky straight up. It's going to be a 4-way winner baby. Three bets and a 9-year-old orange lover crying somewhere. 🛑

Screw you orange loving bastards. I hope you love every second of everything I write. Be that much sweeter in 12 days.
Hear…Hear My Good Man….Hear Hear!!!

Reactions: Bluegrass79
ADVERTISEMENT