ADVERTISEMENT

A Season that could go either way

dyersburgcatfan

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
There is no question that from a talent level, the Cats are moving up. We are improved significantly since Stoops has taken over. IMO this may be the most talent and depth we've had in over a decade, probably longer.

But other "down" SEC teams also have great talent... most still have more than we do.

Then there is the huge ? at QB.

And will our coaching staff improve its in game coaching?

It's really hard to predict what this team will do this year. Things could finally come together and we might have a QB emerge as a great one and a really good season could result. But it is just as possible that in spite of the talent, we could go backwards this year.

I know the Fl game is a big test in the swamp, but I think we'll get a true feel for where this bunch is during the very first game.

I agree. This is the most talent that UKFB has had in a while. The schedule isn't favorable but you have to plat your schedule. I have this feeling that this is a huge year for Stoops. A lot of talent will be gone next season and expectations won't be so high. He must have an 8 win or better season this year. Time to man up

This year could be a huge step in building the program, or stabilizing mediocrity, which is better than where we've been either way.

There is no question that from a talent level, the Cats are moving up. We are improved significantly since Stoops has taken over. IMO this may be the most talent and depth we've had in over a decade, probably longer.

But other "down" SEC teams also have great talent... most still have more than we do.

Then there is the huge ? at QB.

And will our coaching staff improve its in game coaching?

It's really hard to predict what this team will do this year. Things could finally come together and we might have a QB emerge as a great one and a really good season could result. But it is just as possible that in spite of the talent, we could go backwards this year.

I know the Fl game is a big test in the swamp, but I think we'll get a true feel for where this bunch is during the very first game.
Every season could go either way for every team. Dare to be positive.

ADVERTISEMENT