ADVERTISEMENT

A New Rap Thread...The Prodigal Ghost has come home

Snoop loves telling this story about Nas coming to Cali to see him. Nas hops out a car wearing all red running down the street to greet snoop and his crew lol.

That story has been out and well known for along time.

PAC wanted to die, I truly believe that.

I miss the interplay between MC's. Phife and Tip trusted each other on this one. Both set the other's verse up:

Reactions: Mashburned
One of my underrated favs. Biggie was a force of nature...but The Lox held their own:

Lord Sear had Psycho Les in the other day, think it was a re-run, playing his Dank God Vol 1 album (on Spotify), which he produced entirely -- now THERE is are some classic hip hop sounds for you all that prefer to KEEP IT REAL!!!!!

You can google him, Will.

Last edited:
Friend of mine got shot down like a dog yesterday. Her BF ****ed up and she paid the price. Now that it's 24 hours later, reality has set in. As always, Music will get me by. I'm just gonna riff tonight...not giving any recs, just the first thing that pops in my head.

If you haven't been to a black Irish wake...it's our version of a N'Awlins second line. The first hour was the crying and sadness, now we're doing "Remember when we/she...."

So I'm the unofficial MC. Kicked it off with this:

Colette: "Remember when we used to actually dance to hip hop"?

Me: "Think y'all can still B-boy and B-girl?" I haven't b-boyed in probably 30 years...but it's like riding a bike!

And my girl had dreams of being a dancer for MC Hammer. This one's for you, baby girl:

All Eyez On Me the movie is pretty damn dope. Not really sure why the family was so against, or if it really was a plot to drum up more publicity for the movie.

I honestly thought they did a great job presenting the real story as it was and not a story to keep conspiracy alive.

The guy that played Snoop was lol, and Dre too for that matter.

Demetrius Shipp is so close to looking like PAC I legit think there is a damn good chance he is blood. He did really good acting like PAC and should get some consideration for awards.

The only thing I think is weird after watching the movie is that no one ever heard from Kidada Jones after the death. The movie shows how much admiration PAC had for her and it just strikes me as off that she has never really spoke out about any of the happenings.

Reactions: GhostVol
AVAILABLE TO SPRINT AND TIDAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

= Garbage.

How the King of New York rocking chancletas with jeans??!

Get em, daddy.

And that was what? 10 years ago. Homie Jay light years away from being dope. He got shareholders to appease and stuff. Cam ended his career on the streets.

Cam so dope.

Don't really give much of a damn about Jay these days. If I get some downtime, I'm going to listen to Big Boi's "Boomiverse".

Reactions: Mashburned
Monumental hip hop moment. Dropped not long after 9/11. I got goosebumps for years listening to this.

I love Camron. Y'all gonna have to deal or get with the program. He's the coolest mfer not named R Kelly, imo.

**break for stupid ass beat**

Forgot this. Around 7th grade.

NY go the hardest.

Cam was dope, but if you are half the hip hop head you say you are please never ever just think because he made a diss that for some reason Jay is trash.

Nas was who crushed Jay and it didn't stop anything!

Back to Cam, he was a dope rapper but he was awful at business which is why no one wanted to put real money behind him and his goons. They all had skills, but they had street smarts and all of them wanted to be the boss.

Too many chiefs, no indians = bad business.

Cam was dope, but if you are half the hip hop head you say you are please never ever just think because he made a diss that for some reason Jay is trash.

Back to Cam, he was a dope rapper but he was awful at business which is why no one wanted to put real money behind him and his goons. They all had skills, but they had street smarts and all of them wanted to be the boss.

Thing is , Cam WAS pure street. That was his blessing AND his curse . You're right on the mark about too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

And I don't mean to rag on Jay at all. "Reasonable Doubt " is, and shall remain one of my favs. But that Jay ain't here in 2017, and I don't expect much from his new drop. I'll give it a listen anyway because it IS Jay. He 's earned it.

Cam was dope, but if you are half the hip hop head you say you are please never ever just think
because he made a diss that for some reason Jay is trash.

Get out your calendar, dummy. First, I didn't say that. Cam dropped that 2006. Jay Z "retired" before then. Nas ethered Jay 2001. Jay Black Albumed the world in 2003.

Cam no dummy, and he knows the deal. Didn't stop him from clowning old man Jay.

Jay left the streets, aside from the soundtrack for his man Frank Lucas, in 2006. New style, new fans, mostly wack. Again, aside from the street soundtrack. That's my point. And Cam danced all over him for it.

Anthem after anthem....

Lol oh Cam not a business man? you don't like Cam bc his numbers ain't good enough for you. Bc he put on wack rappers and let them eat, too.

You sound like this

Yes Mash he is a horrible business man. He has had several hits, and a gold album as well as a platinum album. Was given his own label twice by Epic Records and both are out of business.

He hasn't always tried to put on bad MC's.........Jim Jones and Juelz were both solid but like I said they were street smart and refused to be "pimped".

Many people have no clue BIG put Camron on in the mid 90's, and Cam used to clown TF out of Jay way back then too! Once they both were with/under Damon Dash the best play was to back Jay and camron took a backseat and eventually was run.

Nevertheless he is worth about 6M, but for all his success to only be worth that just shows he isn't that business dude.

Again that isn't knocking him at all about his rap ability.

Idgas if he's worth 5 dollars. He still makes good songs occasionally and I appreciate that.

THIS IS GD RAP THREAD NOT FORBES MAGAZINE

Plus, he's hilarious.

Yeah, Jay was a dumbass for making all those millions and then not slumming it in the hood. Should have kept selling crack and stayed REAL after making it. He sold out and gave up the chance to be dead or in jail (real street cred). What a idiot, probably should have never started touching with Beyonce either. LOL.

Daaaaamn, that sucks. Sickle cell, isn't that what WCS has? Sounds like he was hospitalized for it in the past week but we'll see in time I guess whether or not there were other factors.

Only 42 yrs old....reminds you that they really were just babies when they first blew up.

The Infamous will never leave my rotation, such a classic.

Sucks him and Havoc never really patched things up on wax. I know they were "cool" enough, but it never felt like they were more than associates. But I felt like they were heading towards maybe making music again after that Havoc and ALC album.

P was super smart and super weird. Seems like he had a rough and blessed life. He spit so much raw pain. I appreciated it. He never quit spitting.

Sickle cell ain't no joke. I have the mild form (hemoglobin C. Some call it Mediterranean Anemia). That's part of the reason I never fathered a kid. Any kid of mine would have a 25% chance of pure sickle cell. Didn't want to roll the dice on that.

ADVERTISEMENT