ADVERTISEMENT

A New Rap Thread...The Prodigal Ghost has come home

You're thinking of TPAB. Damn! is AOTY, easy, and lots of fun. :smiley: Nothing has or will come close...it's the best rap album since Compton. Sorry bubby.

Glad you've discovered Future tho, let me know if you need some more recs, b/c I know you aren't listening to that Gibbs trash.

Last edited:
You didn't dig that album till you went overseas and found his target audience. :joy: It fell out of radio rotation quick, too. I guess the youngins ain't messing with it. The 40yo white euro/Grammy crowd on it heavy tho huh. LMAO.

Ready for anybody to drop some recs. Thank you ghost for giving me something to listen to. The rest of you guys bring nothing but bad news.

Am I the only one that was completely underwhelmed by "Compton"? Like if anybody else dropped that, nobody would give a shit. Comparing it to Kendrick's last two albums is insulting, imo.

Opinions are like assholes and all that...

My latest Spotty listens:

"Rammin" - Blue Sky Black Death & Nacho PIcasso

"yo" - Injury Reserve

"Drugs" - Keivin Abstract

Last edited:
Been away for a while and see Mashburned is still Mashburned. Kendrick's new shit is NEAR GKMC good.

Future is Future, trap rap with banging beats, i enjoy.

Said a long time ago, Jeezy is one of my favs.

Jam that has been out for a while i like, Berner - Niice Featurung Quavo and Paul Wall.

I didn't think much of Compton when it came out, but I do still listen to it and it is better than I originally gave it credit for.

Jeezy is what he is. If he stays in the trap muzik lane he is ok. The thing is about that by now he and trap muzik shouldn't be his style anymore.......i.e. If he is real then he ain't trapping no more.

Can't wait for this June 16 tupac movie. Just watched some footage on his last few months and footage of the officer on the scene when he was killed. The idea that he hated Suge is bogus.

The cop said on SN he opened the door and PAC fell out the car gen would only acknowledge Suge and even told the cop when he kept asking who shot him PAC said F you!

Not smart but true to him. I didn't realize that if a person is dying and tells something like that as they die it can be used as eyewitness evidence.

Just to think what rap wasn't in my teens and seeing what is out here now is just sad!

I can name 20-30 rappers/groups that flat banged back then and had a new album at least every 2 weeks.

Reactions: GhostVol
That No Way Out album was/is bananas.

Paul Wall 4 Life

The coolest thing about Compton was it was a soundtrack and it was pretty daggum good. Plus it's "detox" or whatever. Sentimental Dre.

The best soundtrack since the ALC and Oh No produced GTAV soundtrack - West Los Santos - which is bananas (and better than compton, tbh)

Mashburned posting about Dam Funk, E-40 & especially Kokane offends me -- keep them out of your mouth, you know nothing about them. Stay East.

:eyes: Too bad Romeo is on this, but if you pretend he isn't, this kinda bangs imo. #IceCreamMan

Good. It's offensive how you've abandoned the west in favor of THE WORLD like your boi K.Dot and his new pal Bono.

Happy West West Wednesday y'all! Somebody gotta stand up for the west coast. Uncle Snoopy never let em down.

Snoop Dogg will also join forces with Linkin Park on the road for the band's One More Light tour as an opener for the upcoming October performances.

K. At least the album cover looked cool I guess. Album is basically trash.

-Compton is just so far above anything else recent, SONICALLY, which is what Dre is all about. Nobody makes crisp sounds like that -- in fact, the trend these days is apparently to do the opposite ...and the features are pretty much dope across the board -- and like Mash said, it was a soundtrack. It was just well done, and fits the project it was designed for perfectly.

No, sonically it's over dramatic and cheesy af....but it's good, not necessarily for Dre. It's acceptable. You can just tell that weirdo has been really straining over that crap for decades. I'm just glad he got it out and can finally retire and stop hearing about Detox.

Are you saying Snoop and Linkin Park have an album together? Or are you calling the Dam Funk project "trash". Either way you're stupid af. Snoop is the only thing keeping the west relevant. I bet if it wasn't for him Kendrick would have been living in London for a while now.

False

Snoop isn't keeping shit relevant. He's one of the coolest people of all time, Doggystyle will be my #1 album until the end of time...but he makes trash music in 2017.

Like coolaid wasn't better than anything kendricks made since GKMC....and snoop is just sleepwalking while k.dot in his "prime". gtfo

Better than any song kendricks ever made, and snoops got what? A hundred thousand of these? All about beats. You always forget that.

No, I am beats.

Snoop's current ear for beats is absolutely garbage . I'm the one who hyped that song above to YOU...throw Just Blaze and an old West Coast siren in, and we're in business.

He needs to go beg Battlecat and Fred Wreck to remind him why he's Snoop Dogg.

Reactions: Mashburned
lol.....That was another album i bought day 1, idiot....disappointing, but solid 5+ which is more than average in todays world, and more than Kendricks given over his last two albums combined.

lol damn another one....Mfer works too much, tbh.

like it's nothing. yawn.

That's two albums within a year (not counting the dam funk fire) repping that west, shitting on kendrick, etc.

Damn.

Just another one. Like it's nothing. No radio, no grammy, no marketing whatsoever. No hipster blogs, no Belgian cosigns, etc.

Post 4 kendrick cuts from his last 2 or 3 whatever albums to challenge Uncle Snoop. Dare you.

Playa Fly is vastly underrated. 'Nobody needs Nobody' is my favorite record of his.

Ghost, you are the last person in this thread that needs to lecture anyone on Hip Hop or Rap. If you dig the stuff you listen to, that's cool, but I feel like you try to come off as "all knowing" because you're black, when really, you probably have one if the worst tastes in Rap in this thread. Just my opinion.

Mashburned is the same way, in that if a rap record hits gold or platinum, he CAN'T like it because it is now gone mainstream.

Some people like the lyrical rap, some like the militant, preachy rap, some people like the smooth flow rap (think BIG), bur I think we can all agree that this mumble rap is all bullshit.

It's funny, people will rag on modern country music for using the same chord progressions in different octaves, while being "pop country" and it's a valid criticism, as most country music after the 90s is terrible, but the same could be said for today's mumble rappers and the back beats they use. And while I dig Future, he's not above this criticism as well.

OK. Educate me. Not going to hate. Give me 5 of your favs and I'll give it an honest listen. Here's one I picked up today. Glad to see Remy back:

And what I listen to at 56 is a LOT different than what I banged at 26. Trust me, your taste will change too.

After giving this some thought....I've never posted my top tier tracks. I just assumed that rap heads didn't need rehashing stuff that they should be already familiar with.

I've been in "Pump It or Dump It " mode . The 50/50 stuff. Time for me to take my own advice and FOCUS.

Snoop faded away when Tupac got out of prison, for that I'm not thankful.

Opinions on Kodak Black ?

Really like Tunnel Vision.

Will Tee Grizzley stay out of jail to have a rap career ?

Move to Kuwait you c-sucker. All Snoop does is rep "your" coast and this is the respect he gets?

happy three six thursday, y'all.

Ghost, give us your prized songs. Sorry for ruining your thread, I just can't stand bbdk.

Move to Kuwait you c-sucker. All Snoop does is rep "your" coast and this is the respect he gets?

happy three six thursday, y'all.

Ghost, give us your prized songs. Sorry for ruining your thread, I just can't stand bbdk.

Lol.

Here's a T-rock diss track with the same beat.

I liked T-Rock in HCP. I don't think it ended well.

Every time I turn on the news and hear the latest about Trump...I go back to this:

1996. Damn, I'm getting old. I still remember when Reasonable Doubt dropped.

T-rock had a good rap voice.
Man I miss posse cuts like this...

JayZ and Nas coming with albums in 2017. Nas won't disappoint. Be interesting to see what path JayZ takes....

...and I don't necessarily gaf, but it will be interesting to see how and when Kanye reinvents himself after being dissed by the kardashins, shunned as a trump supporter, and in "rehab" or whatever. I've always thought he would come back to that backpack shit and find his soul. Time will tell.

Listened to Eminem all day. Dre is a monster. I think his work there gets overshadowed by the supernatural white boy, but man Dre laced him with tailor made beats. Great partnership.

ADVERTISEMENT