ADVERTISEMENT

A Look To Next Season (Not Kentucky)...

Apr 24, 2022
Which team do you think scares you the most in this upcoming season?

The Dookies with Jon Scheyer at the helm and arguably the best recruiting class... (5 top 50, 3 top 10 per ESPN top 100)?
The Defending Champs - Kansas, looking for the first back-to-back championships since the 2006 and 2007 Florida Gators?
UNCheat led by Caleb Love and Armando Bacot?
UCLA? Baylor? Gonzaga?

For me it's the Dookies, they have such a complete lineup and have filled every position with a top tier guy. With a projected lineup of Jeremy Roach, Dariq Whitehead, Mark Mitchell, Kyle Filipowski, and Derek Lively (per ESPN) and a strong bench headlined by SG Jaden Schutt (Video and IL Gatorade POTY). Though young and inexperienced in all facets (Players and Coaches), I still think that they will be the team to beat this season, and may make a strong run in March.

Let me know what you guys think and if there's another team that you think is worth noting.

How about “Hi my name is so and so; I’m a ________ fan and have been so for __________ years. What do you all think of the upcoming season?”

Welcome to the boards regardless. Just watch your step; BS can get pretty high in here.
Thanks for the welcome. Was planning on posting something along the lines of that sometime but for now I'll just hang low for awhile.

Duke won’t do shit next year. Coach K couldn’t win with a core group of OAD’s without juniors and seniors side by side, and Roach lol.

Scheyer is going to be great at something Only Calipari managed to get to a title game with? Sure.

Duke is doing what it can to stay relevant so I get it, but winning a title isn’t even on their radar next year and they know it. So you’re not very good at this.

The Dookies with Jon Scheyer at the helm and arguably the best recruiting class... (5 top 50, 3 top 10 per ESPN top 100)?
The Defending Champs - Kansas, looking for the first back-to-back championships since the 2006 and 2007 Florida Gators?
UCLA? Baylor? Gonzaga?

For me it's the Dookies, they have such a complete lineup and have filled every position with a top tier guy. With a projected lineup of Jeremy Roach, Dariq Whitehead, Mark Mitchell, Kyle Filipowski, and Derek Lively (per ESPN) and a strong bench headlined by SG Jaden Schutt (Video and IL Gatorade POTY). Though young and inexperienced in all facets (Players and Coaches), I still think that they will be the team to beat this season, and may make a strong run in March.

Let me know what you guys think and if there's another team that you think is worth noting.
Whitehead is a SF, Mitchell is a PF, and Filipowski/Lively are centers.

You're proposed starting lineup is a PG, SF, PF, C, C lineup. One ball handler, no shooters, 4 freshmen.

Reactions: G-PIP
Went off of the ESPN projected lineup with that link I put (scroll down to #6 and Duke is there). Ultimately, I don't think that'd be their lineup, I think you'll see them go for another guard in the portal and hope that Jaden Schutt will develop into a PG type (kind of similar to the problem Immanuel Quickly had - great shooter but NBA scouts wanted to see if he could lead a team PG wise).
Whitehead is a SF, Mitchell is a PF, and Filipowski/Lively are centers.

You're proposed starting lineup is a PG, SF, PF, C, C lineup. One ball handler, no shooters, 4 freshmen.

UCLA? Baylor? Gonzaga?

F duke

Interesting question. I will go off the board and say:
(1) Houston
(2) Arkansas
(3) Indiana --- OK, that is a joke and just because I am an IU fan...but they should be better

Of course, I realize now that I am mimicking ESPN...so just ignore my post :).

Reactions: BrickandMortar
Duke won’t do shit next year. Coach K couldn’t win with a core group of OAD’s without juniors and seniors side by side, and Roach lol.

Scheyer is going to be great at something Only Calipari managed to get to a title game with? Sure.

Duke is doing what it can to stay relevant so I get it, but winning a title isn’t even on their radar next year and they know it. So you’re not very good at this.
Actually, didn't put them as my favorites to win a championship, rather a team that'd make some noise this season. I agree that Scheyer probably won't be great at something Cal has perfected, but as for a championship, I doubt they'll win it.

If you’re truly a fan, this isn’t your first rodeo on this board. You more than likely have been made out to be a idiot and this is your “new” account. Anywho, carry on…
No, first time account. But have watched the board for a while and figured I'd make an account. Plus, why would I make a new account when I already look like an idiot again. Anywho, I'll carry on...

I'm very interested to see how Scheyer does. I have a feeling it might look a bit more like Memphis than UK or Duke w/ these one and done types. First head coaching gig, tons of pressure, following a legend--how much respect will the guys looking for a quick meal ticket to the NBA give him. Will he have the guts to bench guys playing hero ball with a me first attitude? Can he wrangle in those personalities into something cohesive?

Duke will be one of the 8 or so teams with a chance to win a title next season. Like just about every season minus 2021.

No, first time account. But have watched the board for a while and figured I'd make an account. Plus, why would I make a new account when I already look like an idiot again. Anywho, I'll carry on...
Your comments are very familiar. I'd bet good money that you've had another account here. We'll find out soon enough.

UCLA could be good. Campbell the PG is returning, as is Jaquez. Depends on what several other players do. Bernard is testing the waters but should return.

Duke fans are still in that "we signed 5 in the top25.. that means all of them are gonna be great!" stage of recruiting. Good luck. Better hope not ONE of them misses as a freshman.

welcome, fair thread most decent people will respond in kind. As you can see there is a lot of tension here because of the Calapari debacle. That said, I like Houston and I am a big Sampson fan. We wont sniff the final four because we cannot seem to perfect the Globetrotters three man weave offense.

It’s going to be an interesting year that projects to be pretty open. Houston, & Baylor should be really good with veteran led teams. UCLA & UNC are a step below for me with veteran guys but still solid. And then Duke and Arkansas are entirely new teams dominated by freshmen which is really hard but has lots of potential at the end of the year. Probably at least one surprise team like Arizona this year that comes from nowhere but is really good.

Welcome aboard. Buckle up. If you have thin skin you're not gonna like it here.

Please bring us all you're alter egos right up front. No need to hide them, they will eventually show up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT