ADVERTISEMENT

8 shot dead in Ohio in 4 separate crime scenes

How can there not be an identified suspect?

Immediately, I think most would believe that this is an intrafamily dispute gone postal. Everybody in the family knew about the dispute, but never thought he would take it this far. So the suspect is immediately known, and is the subject of a massive manhunt. Last bullet shot is usually the one the perpetrator saved for himself, either voluntarily, or as the police close in.

24 hours later, no suspect, no manhunt, not even a "person of interest." Given the style of the killing and the area we are talking about, could this be a gangland-style killing carried out by a rival in the drug trade? A real Walter White just made his play?

Regardless, with 8 people dead, local and state law enforcement have immense motivation to identify and apprehend the perpetrator ASAFP.

Given the style of the killing and the area we are talking about, could this be a gangland-style killing carried out by a rival in the drug trade?

Could be, if there isn't some crazy ex or relative who would be the obvious culprit.

The situation reminds me of the police officer in Bardstown who was murdered and no suspect was ever named or charged. That's a really strange case.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I can't imagine 8 adults in 1 family being killed in any small town in America and everyone in town not having a good idea of either why it was done or who did it and probably both. I mean when someone got killed in London, KY you almost always knew it was over drugs, or they ticked so and so off.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Heisenberg

Can't someone stop that guy?

BB-S5-Tio-Bio-590.jpg

Probably somebody in the family doing business with organized crime and pissed them off.
Just just said on the news that there were pot growing operations in 3 of the residences. So, you may be right.

Could be, if there isn't some crazy ex or relative who would be the obvious culprit.

The situation reminds me of the police officer in Bardstown who was murdered and no suspect was ever named or charged. That's a really strange case.

I'm still betting that was an inside job, especially considering the dead cop's widow allegedly moved in with the now ex-police chief shortly after his death. (I don't live there, but one of my best friends does. My info comes form him.)

This Ohio thing is awful.

I hope they catch the culprit(s)

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Is this for real?
I'm still betting that was an inside job, especially considering the dead cop's widow allegedly moved in with the now ex-police chief shortly after his death. (I don't live there, but one of my best friends does. My info comes form him.)

Sounding more and more like a Mafia-style hit. Pretty damned ruthless to take out eight members of the family. Just one would have sent a message. Two would have seemed to me like more than enough. But eight!?!?

The Rhodens must have screwed someone out of some serious cash, or refused to back down over drug territory.

Sounding more and more like a Mafia-style hit. Pretty damned ruthless to take out eight members of the family. Just one would have sent a message. Two would have seemed to me like more than enough. But eight!?!?

The Rhodens must have screwed someone out of some serious cash, or refused to back down over drug territory.
Article on CNN stated a huge Mexican pot operation in that town got raided and shut down in 2012. What do you want to bet that the Rhodens ratted them out and stepped into the vacuum to supply pot from their operation?

Article on CNN stated a huge Mexican pot operation in that town got raided and shut down in 2012. What do you want to bet that the Rhodens ratted them out and stepped into the vacuum to supply pot from their operation?
Yep....

Not sure if sarcasm but man, Mexican drug cartels are effing ruthless. They usually don't spare anyone though not even children.
Not sarcasm, I saw a new piece years ago about the cartels sending people into the California parks to grow pot.
It was easier for them to send someone across the border to set up pot operations than trying to get product across.
Some these pot growers are coerced to do it do to the ruthlessness of the cartels for fear of repercussions to their family back in Mexico.
These killing seem to fit the modus operandi of the cartels as a warning to others or to take over operations in an area.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Drugs always lead to either prison or death. I remember watching the first couple of seasons of Breaking Bad and thinking "Damn. It pays to sell drugs. I can see why they pursue it." Then you watch the other seasons and it's like "Oh. That's why you don't do that."

[laughing]

Reactions: jamo0001
Another reason to decriminalize. You don't see people shooting each other over a dispute about a used couch.

Just listed to a interview this morning. They really have no idea who did this. Still asking people for tips. 100% sure it's mafia or cartel related.

The day after the murders Jeff Ruby (Cincinnati area restaurant owner) had offered $25k for info that led to arrest and conviction. Late last week he pulled that offer and would not comment on why.

Two schools of thought on why that happened. First, police and FBI were already on to whomever did this and that an arrest or arrests were imminent. Second, that police and FBI now assume it was a cartel hit and that the people that did it had fled the country, making an arrest highly improbable.

Another interesting twist in an already very interesting case.

ADVERTISEMENT