ADVERTISEMENT

8,000,000 Apply for Student Loan Forgiveness

The loan forgiveness is being challenged in multiple courts. If anyone gets legal standing, the debt forgiveness likely goes up in smoke. Congress never intended to give the Secretary of Education to power to forgive $500-$750 billion on a whim.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
It's funny as hell how the party that is not in power embraces fiscal conservatism every time. Dems bitched about Trump's tax cuts and the stimulus checks and Republicans celebrated. Then the second the Dems got in power the script flipped and it was their time to give away shit.

It’s almost as if both parties are hypocrites.

Republicans don’t give a shit about the national debt when they’re in power, but care deeply when Democrats are in control. Democrats don’t give a shit about exorbitant government spending when they’re in power but get really upset about it when Republicans are in control.

That’s why “my team good, your team bad” regardless of issue is truly hive mind behavior.

It’s almost as if both parties are hypocrites.

Republicans don’t give a shit about the national debt when they’re in power, but care deeply when Democrats are in control. Democrats don’t give a shit about exorbitant government spending when they’re in power but get really upset about it when Republicans are in control.

That’s why “my team good, your team bad” regardless of issue is truly hive mind behavior.

I agree with this entirely. The last decade is thick with examples.

I agree with this entirely. The last decade is thick with examples.
For sure.

Democrats praised Biden’s stimulus and damned Trump’s two rounds of stimulus.

Democrats damned Trump’s tax cuts (free money for rich people) while championing student loan forgivness (free money for people who attended at least some college) Republicans did the opposite.

Democrats lament the defense budgets and military interventions when a war is in progress under a Republican president, but also keep voting to increase the defense budget and further fund military interventions when a Democrat is in the White House without a peep.

The tribalism is stupid and I haven’t had a party since 2010. I started as a Republican in the 90s, switched to Democrat in the early 2000s and got fed up altogether with both sides playing politics with every little thing.

I’m fiscally moderate and socially liberal. I’d be called a MAGA in California and a communist
In Kentucky when neither are true. Not being able to vote in KY primaries is a bummer, but it’s better than cheering for a party like a sports team.

For sure.

Democrats praised Biden’s stimulus and damned Trump’s two rounds of stimulus.

Democrats damned Trump’s tax cuts (free money for rich people) while championing student loan forgivness (free money for people who attended at least some college) Republicans did the opposite.

Democrats lament the defense budgets and military interventions when a war is in progress under a Republican president, but also keep voting to increase the defense budget and further fund military interventions when a Democrat is in the White House without a peep.

The tribalism is stupid and I haven’t had a party since 2010. I started as a Republican in the 90s, switched to Democrat in the early 2000s and got fed up altogether with both sides playing politics with every little thing.

I’m fiscally moderate and socially liberal. I’d be called a MAGA in California and a communist
In Kentucky when neither are true. Not being able to vote in KY primaries is a bummer, but it’s better than cheering for a party like a sports team.

Similar story and I know the feeling well. Probably get worse before it gets better sadly.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
We give billions to Ukraine and foreign aide. At least this would serve some Americans. Still doesn't fix the root of the problem.

As if inflation wasn't bad enough. If this gets past the supreme court it'll rock the economy.

I seriously just received a notification in the mail from the IRS that I had overpaid by $3300. On my way to the bank right now! Looks like they did go down a little!! That’s some freaky timing. I might owe Bill a drink!

funniest shit I’ve read on here in a while lol.

My man, as two people who don’t like the system or either party, let me tell you how that should look.

- are you a republican or democrat?

me - neither

- have you ever voted for a democrat?

me - no.

Reactions: chroix
funniest shit I’ve read on here in a while lol.

My man, as two people who don’t like the system or either party, let me tell you how that should look.

- are you a republican or democrat?

me - neither

- have you ever voted for a democrat?

me - no.

I’ve voted for both but getting to the point where I am more and more determined to vote for neither instead of trying to figure out which POS is a more palatable POS.

Do you actually know this or are you just suggesting something to try to do?
Any payments to federal loans during the deferment period (March 2020-present) are refundable. The money would be refunded, the balance would go back on the account, and then she could apply for the forgiveness if eligible.

Reactions: chroix
I would be fine with student loan forgiveness if the USG got out of the game of student loans altogether. This is one of the most obvious and obnoxious vote buying stunts in memory.

It is sickening to me that we are forgiving some loans while continuing the same policies that make them so toxic -- namely the federal guarantee to the lendor of repayment and the nondischargability of the loans in bankruptcy.

I’ve voted for both but getting to the point where I am more and more determined to vote for neither instead of trying to figure out which POS is a more palatable POS.

Haven’t voted in a while, probably won’t vote again till I’m in my 60s, bored, and politics all of a sudden becomes really important to me because I have nothing else going on. At least that seems to be the general circle of life.

Haven’t voted in a while, probably won’t vote again till I’m in my 60s, bored, and politics all of a sudden becomes really important to me because I have nothing else going on. At least that seems to be the general circle of life.
If you are registered in KY and don't vote against Andy Beshear next year, you are a poon, imo.

Reactions: bbonds

Damn I can’t believe you’re that old. Thought you were around my age
No doubt more conservative than you once were I’d imagine. Plus the pubs actually being the counter culture,….

I have upper education in political science. Paid way too much at college none refunded. I don’t think people fully understand what is going on and that’s what scares me. There’s only one political party wanting full democracy, the exact thing our constitution protects us from. And they admit it. Any party that promotes that, I stay away from because history is clear. Full democracy will destroy free nations.

debate ends where full democracy begins. So essentially everyone that enjoys the process of having a voice on issues, it ends if democrats get their way. I can cite multiple examples.

Hate political vessels that are nothing more than a way for the ambitions to reach personal milestones, but when one winning means game over, I can’t vote for them.

Damn I can’t believe you’re that old. Thought you were around my age
No doubt more conservative than you once were I’d imagine. Plus the pubs actually being the counter culture,….

I have upper education in political science. Paid way too much at college none refunded. I don’t think people fully understand what is going on and that’s what scares me. There’s only one political party wanting full democracy, the exact thing our constitution protects us from. And they admit it. Any party that promotes that, I stay away from because history is clear. Full democracy will destroy free nations.

debate ends where full democracy begins. So essentially everyone that enjoys the process of having a voice on issues, it ends if democrats get their way. I can cite multiple examples.

Hate political vessels that are nothing more than a way for the ambitions to reach personal milestones, but when one winning means game over, I can’t vote for them.

Think you misread my post. Probably won’t vote again until I’m in my 60s, which is 20 years away. I think the democrats will lose due to the most important thing in the world to 99% of people: money. The economy is shit right now so they’ll probably lose. If the economy is good all the ancillary nonsense becomes more important to people, but make no mistake: money is always first.

Think you misread my post. Probably won’t vote again until I’m in my 60s, which is 20 years away. I think the democrats will lose due to the most important thing in the world to 99% of people: money. The economy is shit right now so they’ll probably lose. If the economy is good all the ancillary nonsense becomes more important to people, but make no mistake: money is always first.

Ah I thought you meant you were close to 60. Good to know you’ll be with us a while. And I agree although I don’t have much faith in the electorate. To convince large groups of people that people are staring at them and want to put them back into slavery so vOtE for ME! and it works just isn’t reassuring to me.

I don't want to put anyone back in slavery but I would love some indentured servants. A couple maids, a butler, and a groundskeeper would be sweet.

Depends on what you make the maids do. Especially during times of sickness like the flu.

In the old days they said nothing soothes like a mothers milk. So they kept the maids preggo just in case. One drop rule, the sons head to the cotton. I just don’t agree with this. I am against murder too.

I was against student loan forgiveness even though it will benefit my two kids. I just think it's wrong to expect other people to pay your debts, especially ones that directly benefited you. That being said, I think the challenges are probably counter productive. It puts everyone associated with the loan process in limbo, students and lenders. There needs to be a quick resolution to the issue so all parties know what is going to happen. Uncertainly is bad for everyone. I also read where one so called expert said if your loan is processed and refunded before a court would overturn the program he doesn't think you will have to pay back what was refunded. So he recommended to apply as early as possible. That doesn't seem right to me, but that's what he said his opinion is.

I was against student loan forgiveness even though it will benefit my two kids. I just think it's wrong to expect other people to pay your debts, especially ones that directly benefited you. That being said, I think the challenges are probably counter productive. It puts everyone associated with the loan process in limbo, students and lenders. There needs to be a quick resolution to the issue so all parties know what is going to happen. Uncertainly is bad for everyone. I also read where one so called expert said if your loan is processed and refunded before a court would overturn the program he doesn't think you will have to pay back what was refunded. So he recommended to apply as early as possible. That doesn't seem right to me, but that's what he said his opinion is.

In a reasonable world, a court would quickly slap an injunction on the government preventing them from processing any applications or issuing any refunds until the issue works its way through the courts.

Whether you favor the handout or not, we cannot have the chief executive of the United States government spending hundreds of billions of dollars with the stroke of a pen.

Ah I thought you meant you were close to 60. Good to know you’ll be with us a while. And I agree although I don’t have much faith in the electorate. To convince large groups of people that people are staring at them and want to put them back into slavery so vOtE for ME! and it works just isn’t reassuring to me.
Hey now. I'm close to 60(shocking to me) and I plan to be with you all for a while.

Reactions: Gromcat
Your tax dollars go to fund the party primaries you are excluded from. That’s not a perk.
Iirc, I can still vote in non-partisan primaries which allows me to vote in primaries for judges. As a small town lawyer, that affects me probably more than anything.

At this point, I don't want to be associated with either political party, tbh. Nationally, I find the DNC utterly loathsome. In Kentucky, the Republican party is an absolute disaster so I don't want to be associated with them, either. I consider not voting in primaries to be a small price to pay to remain independent.

If either party gets its act together and becomes known for practical, common sense politics that appeal to reasonable centrists, I'll revisit my stance. As it stands now, f*** both of them. I do tend to vote exclusively Republican in the main races but that is more of a product of the DNC losing it effing mind than any allegiance to the RNC. Locally, I'm probably much closer to 50/50 either way.

Last edited:
Iirc, I can still vote in non-partisan primaries which allows me to vote in primaries for judges. As a small town lawyer, that effects me probably more than anything.

At this point, I don't want to be associated with either political party, tbh. Nationally, I find the DNC utterly loathsome. In Kentucky, the Republican party is an absolute disaster so I don't want to be associated with them, either. I consider not voting in primaries to be a small price to pay to remain independent.

If either party gets its act together and becomes known for practical, common sense politics that appeal to reasonable centrists, I'll revisit my stance. As it stands now, f*** both of them. I do tend to vote exclusively Republican in the main races but that is more of product of the DNC losing it effing mind than any allegiance to the RNC. Locally, I'm probably much closer to 50/50 either way.

I can understand this and feel for Kentuckians because of it. It’s a little easier in Tennessee, but I don’t like the state republicans here much either. Problem is I have to vote for them because like you said, the opposition is insanely intolerable. And even if the pub is terrible, I don’t want to encourage the left in their current state.

like I was saying, from a political science standpoint, the historical literature, the left right now is playing a very dangerous game. Aside from the social abnormalities, the push for full democracy over the republic is the end of our society and because they’ve admitted it, I can’t support any of their candidates. And what’s scary is they admit it because they’re right, people don’t know what full democracy means. The government has destroyed the public educational system to the point where you need advanced education to learn about why we have a constitution that protects us from full democracy.

Iirc, I can still vote in non-partisan primaries which allows me to vote in primaries for judges. As a small town lawyer, that affects me probably more than anything.

Pisses me off. Taxation without representation.

There's still like 7 more lawsuits.

Libs I thought the Supreme Court was illegitimate? We not doing that now or

In a reasonable world, a court would quickly slap an injunction on the government preventing them from processing any applications or issuing any refunds until the issue works its way through the courts.

Whether you favor the handout or not, we cannot have the chief executive of the United States government spending hundreds of billions of dollars with the stroke of a pen.
Agreed. I think he doesn't have the authority to do it. He certainly should not have the authority to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT