ADVERTISEMENT

7 players leaving article

Originally posted by Joneslab:
Highly doubt it will be seven. These scouts throw stuff against the wall a lot of times.

Ulis, Dakari, and Lee pretty much have to stay as they aren't playing in the NBA. Unless there are academic issues or Cal leaves, those guys will be back.

Everyone else is likely gone.
Exactly.

Why is everyone so certain the Twins are gone? It can't be draft stock. Andrew is late 20s to 60, and Aaron is likely undrafted. I'll admit I didn't like them at the start of last year, but they've really matured and I, for one, would love to see them stay all 4 years and become UK legends (moreso than they already are). I know they were both very highly regarded coming out, but it's been 2 years. They have to have accepted their draft stock, right?

Dakari is usually mentioned much higher than the Twins in mock drafts.

However, all 3 could take either approach. Either A) I'm not going to lose some of my flaws, might as well start making the money ASAP or B) I'm not going to improve my stock much, might as well enjoy the college life for another year or 2.

The knocks on those 3 that are keeping their stock where it is are NOT a lack of exposure, lack of PT or lack of development. They are physical traits that I think we can agree aren't going to be erased. Either decision they make could be justified.

Booker and Lyles are both guys who are getting some mid-1st round love, but have the potential to elevate themselves in the lottery or higher, given their role on next year's team could be much more relevant and improvement could be seen.

Not sure about Thomas Bryant - he said he has not heard from UK since Jan.

Doesn't mean it won't change... but right now seems like we have other targets... Zimmerman for sure.. Maker possibly?

Originally posted by HeismanWildcat85:
Don't care... 40-0 is all that matters. Unlike a lot of folks on here, I don't care about any recruiting news or any of the NBA crap. I am only concerned with two more games and then if we suck next year, so be it. 40-0 is worth a crap season.
But if we should falter they will all be required to return
embarassed.r191677.gif

I hope they go. I wish Twins would have higher draft status for amazing job they have done.

one player that can really increase their draft stock is D.J., but if he wants to go i have no issue.

If i were in their situation, i would enter the draft too. Dream coming true for them would be very nice.

There has never ever been an article where an NBA "scout" was talking about current college players, where they gave their name. Never.

Originally posted by meteordealer:
Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by meteordealer:
KAT, WCS, Booker, and Lyles are the only players listed in the 1st round of most mock drafts.

Dakari and the Harrison twins are mid 2nd round picks.

It's possible we may only lose KAT, WCS, and Lyles.

the twins are gone moreso then anyone else and i think most have known this since day 1 when they came back . I think WCS and Towns are more likely to come back then them ( they arent but you get my drift ) . Lyles always said he could be one and done so it is very likely since he will be a top 10ish pick . Booker has said he wanted to play 2 years and with his less then stellar play much of the last month i think it makes it even more likely . But we will know within 14 days or so .
Where are the twins going? The NBA doesn't want them.
laugh.r191677.gif
keep thinking that and NBA draft night will be a surprise. Andrew has worked his way into a late first round pick and Aaron is early to mid 2nd . They are gone . Also Aaron could improve his stock with a good showing in workouts ect . They will both have very long careers in the league although i doubt Aaron ever starts.

If they leave I want them to all be successful in the NBA and I just don't see that happening with all of them at this stage of their BB career. Sure they will get paid but will they grow and mature their games to get that 2nd contract? Teague and Lamb come to my mind. They rode the hot train out of the town after the 2012 Championship but where are they now.

Towns will be 1st or 2nd pick so we know he is gone. The Twins, I see a lot of D league action in their future if they leave. Dakari, far from a finished product, so who knows. Lyles, could use another year to get stronger and quicker. Booker, same as Lyles, so that is 6 players right there. There is no way in hell, Alex or Marcus are leaving for the NBA. Tyler will be our point guard. I believe a lot will depend on what happens this weekend. We go 40-0 and we could lose 7 players plus our coach, only time will tell and anything being discussed by anyone is pure speculation.

Originally posted by KA4Prez:

Dakari is usually mentioned much higher than the Twins in mock drafts.

However, all 3 could take either approach. Either A) I'm not going to lose some of my flaws, might as well start making the money ASAP or B) I'm not going to improve my stock much, might as well enjoy the college life for another year or 2.

The knocks on those 3 that are keeping their stock where it is are NOT a lack of exposure, lack of PT or lack of development. They are physical traits that I think we can agree aren't going to be erased. Either decision they make could be justified.

Booker and Lyles are both guys who are getting some mid-1st round love, but have the potential to elevate themselves in the lottery or higher, given their role on next year's team could be much more relevant and improvement could be seen.
Basically this is the case.

no surprise---win a title, a bunch of players go the nba---cal reloads with more superstars for another title run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT