ADVERTISEMENT

7 players leaving article

If they go 40-0, They can all go to the NBA, prosper, and I will always thank them, regardless of next years results.

I'm not sure how anyone would be upset - we expected a mass exodus.

I don't see 7 but if it happens, so be it.

The only surprise there may be Dakari. I'm not too worried about it. We'll reload and I want these guys to reach their dreams.

Hmm, I believe that was his opinion and not a statement of fact. Having said that I wish all the players the best and I'll have my fingers crossed that they go as high as possible in the draft.

Highly doubt it will be seven. These scouts throw stuff against the wall a lot of times.

Ulis, Dakari, and Lee pretty much have to stay as they aren't playing in the NBA. Unless there are academic issues or Cal leaves, those guys will be back.

Everyone else is likely gone.

I'll wish them all the best regardless, but if we go 40-0....WHO CARES! Like Cal says, everyone eats! The fans, the players, and the coach! Not to mention, there are some talented recruits just waiting to fill those slots!

Still not sold on Booker leaving this year even with a championship. Don't think the family is desperate for money, and he may realize he wants another year to mature in college.

Originally posted by LineSkiCat:
If they go 40-0, They can all go to the NBA, prosper, and I will always thank them, regardless of next years results.
Exactly. I will hold the door open with a smile on face.

Agree that the only suprise would be Dakari, and if we don't win it, losing that many is going to hurt. I know we will reload, but having this kind of team and not winning it would be crushing. I don't know the new guys, but it's hard to believe that they would be as cohesive and awesome on and off the court.

Well, considering that most people had 3 or 4 leaving last year that no one would have blamed if they would have gone, we are on borrowed time. We should be so thankful they gave us another year.

Originally posted by wcc31:
The only surprise there may be Dakari. I'm not too worried about it. We'll reload and I want these guys to reach their dreams.
Agree that DJ was the only surprise to me. I guess he gets to go like Orton did...big guy. Oh I'm not mad if they leave either. I feel bad for Ulis because I really don't think we'll have that great of a recruiting class this year (I know it is 1st right now) because even watching the MCDAA game last night I'm not convinced many of those kids are coming here. I think Ingram stays home, Brown to an Adidas school, Diello to St Johns after Mullins and the Iowa State hire, Newman probably comes here, Zimmerman a chance. Can't think of who else we are on the "radar" for landing.

Oh forgot about Poythress coming back...that helps!
This post was edited on 4/2 2:56 PM by MSU129

Really nothing more than his opinion. He might prove to be right but then again he didn't really mention anyone that has not already been mentioned by most here. Honestly though, regarding DJ, I am not sure he even gets drafted if he leaves after this year. True you cant teach size, but he has had trouble scoring over anyone in the post with his lack of jumping ability and honestly right now I cannot see how he could even begin to find success on a NBA court.

Same exact speculation was made right up until the night of the Championship game in 2014.

I expected them all except maybe Dakari....if he goes anywhere in first round he should go....otherwise he can come back and be a top 20 pick next year.

I hope they declare soon so we can load up again. I love the one and done because it makes recruiting so much fun every year. Go gettem Cal.

I am so thankful that those who came back did to give us such a wonderful season. If it ends Saturday I will be disappointed but proud....

Still think Booker comes backs to get a lottery look. Huge discrepancy in contract at 15-20 vs. top 10.

Don't really know about Dakari. He could use another year to try to work himself back in the first round.

Gonna be a rebuilding year if we lose 7 guys, no way around that. But if we win the title, I can deal
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by xtra12:
Well, considering that most people had 3 or 4 leaving last year that no one would have blamed if they would have gone, we are on borrowed time. We should be so thankful they gave us another year.
Yep xtra12, this is the attitude we should all have right now, in my opinion. I mean, sure, selfishly I'd love to see them all come back, but that would be ridiculous and not a wise decision for them.

I have accepted the fact that 7 are likely gone, twins, Willie, Towns, Lyles, Booker, and Dakari. I don't know about Alex and I'm not 100% sure on Dakari but the rest are gone in my opinion.

That leaves Lee, Ulis, and maybe Poythress, along with Hawkins and Willis. Add in some new recruits who I believe are chomping at the bit to get in here and I think we'll have another contender next season.

Don't care... 40-0 is all that matters. Unlike a lot of folks on here, I don't care about any recruiting news or any of the NBA crap. I am only concerned with two more games and then if we suck next year, so be it. 40-0 is worth a crap season.

Just win and they all can pursue their dreams and I wish them nothing but the best. Bring us 9 first!!

Originally posted by MSU129:
Don't shoot the messenger just posting information.
Speculation and wishful thinking. UK won't lose that many.

As long as Cal is here we're going to be putting great players on the court no matter how many leave.

This is one guys opinion - not one UK player has announced anything or said anything to the media.

The obvious are WCS and KAT - after that, who knows.

just feel like with the twins.. They know this is it for them. separation, and end of an era. I think they are def gonna have to go. Im not saying they are staying. They are going to want to though.

Won't be surprised if it happens. Won't be surprised if a couple return. Calipari warned us "a lot" of guys will be going pro. I believe it. Win us #9, give us 40-0, they deserve to go chase more dreams and make that $$$.

I want them to go get their paycheck, even more enthusiastically if they win the title.

No idea who he thinks his sources are - who near the kids or coaching staff are going to be talking about this topic two days before the Final Four??

Originally posted by JayCatz44:

Originally posted by MSU129:
Don't shoot the messenger just posting information.
Speculation and wishful thinking. UK won't lose that many.
Exactly . We will lose some , at least 4 but i severly doubt 7. Could happen , sure but i doubt it . Honestly Booker more then any of the other guys i think comes back . Lyles is probably more gone then anyone not named Harrison . Poythress has no where to go so he obviously stays along with Lee , Willis , Hawkins and Ulis . Even if we only had those 5 come back if you add Briscoe , Skal , Zimmerman , Newman , Brown or Ingram , Maker or Diallo , and Matthews to that you are freaking loaded to bear yet again. I have no doubt we start next season top 3 , None .

"I think all seven leave," the scout, who has attended numerous Kentucky games and practices, told SNY.tv.

The scout? Why won't he give his name?

This is what my guess would be. Also a couple other potential signees, but these are the ones I feel we have the best shot at.
PROBABLY LEAVING
ANDREW
AARON
KARL
WILLIE
TREY
DEVIN
DAKARI

PROBABLY RETURNING
TYLER ULIS
POYTHRESS
WILLIS
LEE
HAWKINS

CURRENT SIGNEES
ISAIAH BRISCOE
CHARLES MATTHEWS
SKAL LABISSIERE

POTENTIAL SIGNEES
ZIMMMERMAN
NEWMAN
JAYLEN BROWN
THOMAS BRYANT

Don't put much credence in an article where you don't use the scouts name.

Go 40-0, fine. They gave us more than we could've ever asked for. Don't finish it? Well, some may really have to think about those decisions.

KAT, WCS, Booker, and Lyles are the only players listed in the 1st round of most mock drafts.

Dakari and the Harrison twins are mid 2nd round picks.

It's possible we may only lose KAT, WCS, and Lyles.

Originally posted by meteordealer:
KAT, WCS, Booker, and Lyles are the only players listed in the 1st round of most mock drafts.

the twins are gone moreso then anyone else and i think most have known this since day 1 when they came back . I think WCS and Towns are more likely to come back then them ( they arent but you get my drift ) . Lyles always said he could be one and done so it is very likely since he will be a top 10ish pick . Booker has said he wanted to play 2 years and with his less then stellar play much of the last month i think it makes it even more likely . But we will know within 14 days or so .

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by meteordealer:

the twins are gone moreso then anyone else and i think most have known this since day 1 when they came back . I think WCS and Towns are more likely to come back then them ( they arent but you get my drift ) . Lyles always said he could be one and done so it is very likely since he will be a top 10ish pick . Booker has said he wanted to play 2 years and with his less then stellar play much of the last month i think it makes it even more likely . But we will know within 14 days or so .
Where are the twins going? The NBA doesn't want them.

ADVERTISEMENT