ADVERTISEMENT

7 of the prospects were UNDER 18! Where's the headlines?

83Cat

Junior
Mar 31, 2009
Franklin, TN by way of Louisville, KY
Cartwright, the president emeritus of Bowling Green and Kent State universities, said the panel rejected U of L's argument focusing on the monetary value of the impermissible benefits in the case.

Instead, the panel viewed the case through the lens of health and safety for prospects and student-athletes, Cartwright said. At least seven of the prospects mentioned in the case were under the age of 18 when the violations occurred. Their names were redacted from the NCAA's documents.

"We were not persuaded by the argument that the monetary amounts were small and therefore the violations shouldn't have been seen as this severe," Cartwright said.

I read where one of the recruits didn't want to have sex with one of the UofL paid hookers and he was pretty much coerced into it. That is just pathetic on their part.

Reactions: howercat and awf
If the age of consent is 16 in the state of KY and the recruits were non-residents, but the act took place in KY. Does this matter in legal terms?

I could be wrong, but I would think the whole "age of consent" thing is out the window when the charge would apply to the adult who arranged sex between minors.

what about all these teachers having sex with boys under 18. they going to jail. Now flash forward UL providing sex teachers to boys under 18. take your punishment and run home

If the age of consent is 16 in the state of KY and the recruits were non-residents, but the act took place in KY. Does this matter in legal terms?
I think that the simple fact that this was all facilitated by an adult takes most laws of consent out of play.

Reactions: Blueaz
I read where one of the recruits didn't want to have sex with one of the UofL paid hookers and he was pretty much coerced into it. That is just pathetic on their part.
Seems like that would be a lawsuit by the parents. UL and the staff involved should be sued separate from the NCAA issue. Rape should not be just overlooked because they are worrying about a banner.

Honestly, how can sending money across states for the purpose of hiring hookers not fall under the RICO Act?
Would love to see Pitino grilled by the FBI.

Reactions: awf
This wasn't even a big headline on PTI, they barely mentioned it. You bet your ass if UK had all this garbage going on we would be seeing a sports illustrated shame part 2. I've seen a few reasonable fans saying they were embarrassed over their program and tired of donating and supporting them. UL won't start to get any respect (if they ever will) until they fire everyone starting with turtleneck

Reactions: howercat
This wasn't even a big headline on PTI, they barely mentioned it. You bet your ass if UK had all this garbage going on we would be seeing a sports illustrated shame part 2. I've seen a few reasonable fans saying they were embarrassed over their program and tired of donating and supporting them. UL won't start to get any respect (if they ever will) until they fire everyone starting with turtleneck
Because Wilbon says sex happens on campus, and this goes on at other schools. Again, another fraud; that I would bet 10000 that he has not read the report.

Dicky V Baby says Rick is saintly so the Louisville media has it on good authority.... Nothing to see here...
Which is sort'a true.... Do they still print a Courier Journal? Louisville even have a newspaper?

Has anyone read anything about lawsuits by parents of the recruits? I'd be shocked if there isn't something happening there. Probably settling out of court...the UL way.
There won't be a lawsuit if dad was involved too. I know that at least one recruit's dad was.

Several times they completely ignored major news in the UNCheat scandal as well. Not just PTI, but pretty much all of ESPN's talking head shows.

Reactions: 83Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT