ADVERTISEMENT

6-8 SF King. Corey Evans thinks he winds up at UK if Cal offers

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-king-talks-kentucky-oregon-st-john-s-syracuse

WEST BERLIN, N.J. – A skilled, talented and versatile small forward, there is not much that Lou King cannot do. A high-end four-star prospect in the 2018 class, King displayed his entire arsenal over the weekend at The Scrimmage, burying jump shots, creating for others and defending multiple spots on the floor.

Standing at 6-foot-8 along with added length, King’s recruitment has continued to improve. Recently pulling in an offer from Oregon, others that remain involved include Kentucky, St. John’s, and Syracuse, plus a bevy of other notable programs on the East Coast.

King does earn rave reviews from many individuals that have watched him extensively, but there are so many variables when you consider players of similar size already on the roster (Washington, Gabriel, and Vanderbilt with the possible addition of Cam Johnson) as well as Cal's infatuation with Williamson and Reddish.

For me, the real question is who does Cal recruit at SG in 2018. While we all know about Langford, his recruitment is far from finished. Does UK have a secondary option?

For me, the real question is who does Cal recruit at SG in 2018. While we all know about Langford, his recruitment is far from finished. Does UK have a secondary option?
I think probably Quickley and Green play together if we don't get Langford. Also don't forget maybe Johnson. But nobody knows as of right now.

Reactions: UKcatXXXL
2018 SF will be Khavon Moore

SG looks iffy........I don't think we get Langford

it might be a situation like 2010 where we play 2 pg's part of the time and then we will have Shai returning

WWW arranged the lesbian twosome we all know it.

Since Diallo is probably gone and Green is probably back as our sophomore PG and Alexander back as a combo, I think you go after a guy like Quickley or Smart who could back up either position.

I'm hoping next year is a year we can be very selective and just bring in a couple of guys. This having to recruit and sign 8 guys a year is going to burn Cal out. Ideal class would be Brown, Bagley, Williamson and Quickley or Smart. Need backup options for each of those, like a Naz Reid for Bagley or Khavon Moore for Williamson.

Since Diallo is probably gone and Green is probably back as our sophomore PG and Alexander back as a combo, I think you go after a guy like Quickley or Smart who could back up either position.

I'm hoping next year is a year we can be very selective and just bring in a couple of guys. This having to recruit and sign 8 guys a year is going to burn Cal out. Ideal class would be Brown, Bagley, Williamson and Quickley or Smart. Need backup options for each of those, like a Naz Reid for Bagley or Khavon Moore for Williamson.
This is the way I see it. In the ideal situation for me IMO, we should have Green, Alexander, Baker, Johnson (hopefully), SKJ and Richards back. That group is solid and a group of Quickley, Williamson, and Bagley would make it unreal. Brown would also be needed for some front court depth but my lord that would be an unreal team.

By my count we have returned one starting point guard in Cal's 9 years, so I don't know why anyone would expect Green to be here for two years.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
By my count we have returned one starting point guard in Cal's 9 years, so I don't know why anyone would expect Green to be here for two years.

Because he's most like the one we returned. If someone handed you seven cheeseburgers and a slice of pizza, then told you they were giving you another slice of pizza, what would you expect?

I also think we really returned two: Andrew and Ulis. Both guys have physical limitations that kept them from being one and done. So does Green.

Look at the list of OAD PG's. They aren't 6 foot with average athleticism. Even Briscoe, who was bigger and better, wasn't OAD.

I hear you. In that instance I think it's realistic that Cal would get 2 pg's from the 2018 class - Quickley and then either Smart or Grimes

Garland will be a pukie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT