ADVERTISEMENT

40 an 0

Sooner or later, even if it is Duke, trailing in the second half will come back to bite them. Let's hope it's in the tournament.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The only way they won, last night, is because the refs swallowed their whistle when Carter was not called for a blatant offensive foul, and then on the next possession, a phantom call, that put Trent to the line. If not for these, Florida had them beaten, and I believe, the better team. Of course, they get every call, so in that regard, they could go 40-0. But, it is a sorry way to do it.

UK will play Florida so that should show something. Duke beat MSU without Bagley for most of the game and MSU throttled UNCcheats so that is very telling as well.

It looks like Duke is the team this year that gets the helping hand. They are vulnerable because they do not play great man defense and don't protect the rim. But it's hard for teams to overcome stolen possessions and bad calls. You basically have to be on fire from 3 and have a ton of depth up front, because your best front court players will be getting hosed by the officials.

I predict that Duke will be carried to a championship this year by officals just like UNC was last year. Officials are changing the outcomes of close ball games and controlling games for favored teams/coaches. We honestly would see more legitimate contests in the WWE than we do in college basketball.

The only way they won, last night, is because the refs swallowed their whistle when Carter was not called for a blatant offensive foul, and then on the next possession, a phantom call, that put Trent to the line. If not for these, Florida had them beaten, and I believe, the better team. Of course, they get every call, so in that regard, they could go 40-0. But, it is a sorry way to do it.
I don't think Carter committed any foul there . UF lost b/c Duke is a better team and outplayed them when it matters. IMO Duke will lose 3-4 games this season still as they aren't a good shooting team at all usually and rely so heavily on Bagley that in games when he is in foul trouble or cold they will lose. Also Allen is very hot or cold. None the less they are the best team this season sadly. UF is for sure a top 5 team though. My top 5 would be 1. Duke 2.Notre Dame 3. Michigan St 4. KU 5. Texas A&M. UK is 6 or 7.

IMO Duke will lose 3-4 games this season still as they aren't a good shooting team at all usually and rely so heavily on Bagley that in games when he is in foul trouble or cold they will lose.
Bagley will never be in foul trouble this season. He went to dook for two reasons. Preferential treatment and to be eligible without question.

I don't think Carter committed any foul there . UF lost b/c Duke is a better team and outplayed them when it matters. IMO Duke will lose 3-4 games this season still as they aren't a good shooting team at all usually and rely so heavily on Bagley that in games when he is in foul trouble or cold they will lose. Also Allen is very hot or cold. None the less they are the best team this season sadly. UF is for sure a top 5 team though. My top 5 would be 1. Duke 2.Notre Dame 3. Michigan St 4. KU 5. Texas A&M. UK is 6 or 7.

So you think UF is a top 5 team, but you list 1. Duke, 2.Notre Dame, 3.MSU, 4.KU, 5.A&M. 6.UK? And I am sorry, if you don't think that Carter didn't commit a foul there, I'll bet you are in the minority.

If someone like PJ Washington made that move in Rupp arena, that's an automatic offensive foul followed by a review for a flagrant (elbow). It was the only egregious call/non call of the game imo.

Edit: honorable mention to Bagley climbing over people's back for a rebound.

ADVERTISEMENT