ADVERTISEMENT

4-star Wade twins visiting UK after setting commitment date

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
It’s a battle between Kentucky and Tennessee for the highly-touted recruits.

This comes after the Wade twins announced their commitment dates earlier this week, as both highly-touted recruits will make their decision on April 16th at 5 pm ET.

The twin brothers from Summit High School in Spring Hill (TN) are both considering a final list of Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisville, and Virginia.

Destin, listed at 6-3 and 205 pounds, is a four-star prospect via 247 Sports. He is also considered the 26th-best athlete in the country. He currently plays quarterback for Summit, but would most likely become a defensive back at the collegiate level.

Keaten, weighing in at 6-4 and 223 pounds, is listed as a four-star prospect and the 188th-best player in 2022, according to 247 Sports. He is considered the 16th best outside-linebacker prospect in the country.

Steve Clinkscale has severed as the lead recruiter for the Wade brothers.

Who is the leader? Well, that depends on which recruiting service you have chosen to follow.

On 247 Sports, all momentum in their recruitments have been in favor of the Vols, and currently hold all of the Crystal Ball picks.

On Rivals, all the momentum is in Kentucky’s favor, as they hold all of the FutureCast votes for both brothers.

I wonder if one brother favors one school and one favors the other

With Jamin Davis climbing the draft projections, daily, that surely has some influence on these guys and other recruits.

Last edited:
The last time I saw 247 and Rivals split like that was on Tony Grimes and Wiltfong and Dohn were right. BUT...no one is right all the time. JR wasn't in that one either.

Callahan and Wiltfong vs Rowland and Farrell..🤔
Reading the UT board, you can tell that Callahan isn't super confident. He said he wasn't changing his pick from UT yet, but there's a lot of UK smoke coming from multiple directions. He also said that UT has work to do to get them committed, which to me, it sounds like he knows UT is trailing, but doesn't want to admit it yet.

Makes me wonder , if he doesn’t win the quarterback job quickly, would he and his brother both transfer. I guess its a risk you take . Can the kid throw at all ?
Looks like UK will again place multiple DBs into the NFL. Seems UK is the ideal place if Wimsatt’s decision gives a 6’3” kid a shot at QB under the tutelage of a former NFL coach with the fallback of DB. Sounds like a good plan.

Looks like UK will again place multiple DBs into the NFL. Seems UK is the ideal place if Wimsatt’s decision gives a 6’3” kid a shot at QB under the tutelage of a former NFL coach with the fallback of DB. Sounds like a good plan.
This is how I see it. I am also encouraged they will be visiting UK. If the Cats can get them on campus the upgraded facilities will be a major plus. We don't take a back seat to anybody.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Seems clear now that UK is all in with Destin Wade as a QB, therefore letting Wimsett walk. And his film does look promising.

Keaten Wade is a big time prospect. Rock_Cat78, is he a potential Jack?

Yes, but no one knows when or how bad the sanctions will be.
We can assume that, by getting rid of Fulmer and Pruitt, the NCAA’s punishment will be mitigated to some extent because these actions imply contrition and acknowledgement of institutional responsibility. But we can also assume there will probably still be a significant punishment by the NCAA. Recruits were blatantly handed bags of cash on UT’s campus. This money had to come from out of control boosters. It’s a very serious violation, and it was widespread. Fulmer is gone, but the boosters are still around. The NCAA is compelled to lower the boom, even if the punishment is softened for getting rid of Fulmer and Pruitt. Also remember that Bruce Pearl was nailed for recruiting violations at UT not so long ago. In the eyes of the NCAA, that makes their athletics department look even worse.

I assume this is good......could be they wanted to have one last look before committing or they were thinking of going elsewhere and the coaches convinced them to come to campus one more time.

Reactions: The-Hack
I assume this is good......could be they wanted to have one last look before committing or they were thinking of going elsewhere and the coaches convinced them to come to campus one more time.
Think this past weekend visit was scheduled for some time.

You are 100% correct they were here unofficially and have scheduled an official later
Let's see, here . . . .

If they came unofficially, the weekend of April 10th, and preserved their "official" visit for a later date . . . . and they are going to announce at 4:00 p.m., Central on Friday, April 16th . . . .

That would strongly imply to me either that: (1) they are a lock for a UK commitment on the 16th;, or (2) they are completely immune from the potential awkwardness of being a UT commit when they do an official, at a later date.

Wiltfong is usually not wrong about these things so I'm still leaning to Tennessee for their decision.

I hope I'm wrong, obviously.

Reactions: UKat1
Let's see, here . . . .

If they came unofficially, the weekend of April 10th, and preserved their "official" visit for a later date . . . . and they are going to announce at 4:00 p.m., Central on Friday, April 16th . . . .

That would strongly imply to me either that: (1) they are a lock for a UK commitment on the 16th;, or (2) they are completely immune from the potential awkwardness of being a UT commit when they do an official, at a later date.

Wiltfong is usually not wrong about these things so I'm still leaning to Tennessee for their decision.

I hope I'm wrong, obviously.

Wiltfong may very well be correct, but if he is, so is Hack's statement above. If they commit to UT on Friday and then return for an official visit to Lexington, then they are AT BEST a soft commit to the Vols.

On that same line of thinking, do they have multiple official visits scheduled after this upcoming Friday? If so, then they aren't really committing at all but just placeholding, which probably isn't necessary if you are as talented as they appear to be.

Tennessee just got a CB prediction for LB Elijah Herring.

We found the scapegoat Tennessee fans will use if the twins pick UK. They'll be calling Herring the better LB prospect than Keaten and they would've only took the package deal for him and didn't really want Destin.

I guarantee this will be posted on Vol Nation.

Speaking of twins. Are the Blaylock twins the last twins UK Football had?

I know their brother went to Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT