ADVERTISEMENT

4 star TE Brenden Bates Commits To Kentucky!!!

Good looking athlete. Welcome aboard.

Is this the first Moeller guy since big Doug Williams

Last edited:
Ben McGrath a LB from the Brooks era is the last player from Moeller I believe.

Last edited:
I think the next two commits we'll see will be Blue Smith and Tyler Bentley

I'm excited about Bentley. 3 star DT with offers from Tenn, Wisconsin, etc.

Reactions: why_not_kentucky
Blue Smith has been retweeting UK stuff non stop lately. Not saying it means anything but it's a positive sign.

Love to see that Moeller door swing wide open, Ohio recruiting just went up a notch or two.
Jarrell Williams must really be liking this news.;)

Jarren. He is a very important recruit so I don't want him thinking we know nothing about the recruits. He is a true difference maker and I hope he sticks with us.

OTOH, I am stoked about the Bates commit. He's ranked about where Conrad was and you see how good he is.

Reactions: Deeeefense
I liked the video. Good hands and feet, and his open field speed is impressive, often outrunning kids 50 lbs. lighter.

As a Moeller alum, I'm glad to see us get a commit from the school. Hope we can open up a pipeline there. They always seem to have around 3-6 high D1 players.
I graduated from Cincy St X in 05 then went to U.K. Been waiting for the day when Kentucky can start landing GCL kids. I am bias but the GCL is easily a top 5 football conference in the country. Hopefully Bates can start to open up a pipeline to UK

I graduated from Cincy St X in 05 then went to U.K. Been waiting for the day when Kentucky can start landing GCL kids. I am bias but the GCL is easily a top 5 football conference in the country. Hopefully Bates can start to open up a pipeline to UK
You saw some great teams for X if my memory serves me correctly. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a conference in America that has 4 teams better than Moeller, X, Elder and Lasalle. I know Moeller was down this year, but overall that is a phenomenal conference. It has close to 10 NFL players right now I'd guess.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Dt, nose and ot is really the only thing lacking in our recruiting since stoops has arrived. Couple guys pan out at those positions and we are looking good.

Man, this class is off to a dynamite start! I am really excited about these guys we are bringing in. Another good season on the field and we may witness UK's best football class ever.

Growing up in the Cincy area, I would love nothing more than to see 2-3 prospects per year come south 1.5 hours. OSU, MI and all of the Big10 teams are there of course but, with a truly competitive SEC team nearby, I can see more Cincy guys like Bates look and like UK.

Yep.

And I think Cincy is going to continue to grow in our recruiting profile.

They are close enough to darn near be SEC leaning to start with, and we are the closest SEC product, w/i easy driving distance for the folks and friends.

Reactions: CB3UK and jdgilbys5
What a joy it is to land our top TE target so early on in the recruiting process. I hope like hell he remains 100% firm to the Cats. We have ourselves in Bates a player that is possibly even a notch above CJ Conrad who is the best TE UK has had since Jacob Tamme left for the NFL in 2008 as a 4th round draft pick, IMO!

Reactions: The-Hack
I trust our staff to identify talent, but I have to admit that I love when Auburn, Clemson and Michigan want our recruits. Bates had traditional powers seeking his services. Marrow is going to start putting TEs into the NFL next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
Conrad has his own section of the playbook. A talent like Bates wouldn't have signed if he felt like he wasn't going to be thrown the ball.

Yeah, most of the baiters about TE either don't know of which they write or are intending simply to slam the staff. We got two awesome TE recruits today!!!

ADVERTISEMENT