ADVERTISEMENT

4 section alignment

That's a complicated scheduling process, much simpler with 2 divisions of 8, play 7 division opponents, no permanent crossover and play 2 rotating crossovers every year. That does everything a 4 pod does and much simpler to create and make schedules.
No it doesnt lol. If you play the schedule like that, you will face the other division opponents every 4 years. If you play the pod systems, you play every team in 2 seasons. Also, with the pod system you will do a home and away with everyone in 4 seasons.

With your schedule, it would take 8 years.

The pods I first put out were more or less geographical with a political effort to give some appeasement to the Aggies. It also was allowing for a quicker turnaround in league play. As has been mentioned it is not currently in balance as far as strength, BUT oceans rise and empires fall. Texas CERTAINLY isnt what it was in the day. Nor Auburn. Georgia seems ascendant but some analysts are calling them the big engine that couldnt.
Much as they hate to admit it Tennessee and South Carolina are bottom with Vandy. LSU will have to see which year was aberration...last season or the undefeated year. Has Kentucky Plateaued? Missouri WAS back to back East champs then.....Florida came closer to Alabama than any team in the playoff...but what now?

What I'm saying is that the pods are just a tool to get an alignment. CURRENT strength certainly means nothing. If you want historical....Missouri back to back champs, Kentucky in a 5 game bowl run, Vanderbilt under Franklin and UT that actually had a pretty strong program not many years ago.
You can do that in any pod.

Just a tool to line up, not a bible.

I see no advantage of a pod system either, just makes it tougher to schedule.

But the Big12 has become fully aware and had a conference call last night in an attempt to keep the conference together, 2 teams didnt participate, OU and Texas. They are leaving, it seems the only questions are when, and where as it seems Texas has checked into the ACC. And the Big12 has a 70mil buyout if anyone leaves before 2025 I think it said.

A&M doesnt want Texas, but I think the other 13 votes yes, open recruiting texas even more.
Heard on the radio yesterday afternoon that there is some sort of state mandated policy in Oklahoma that if OU were to leave the BIG12 for another conference then they must take Oklahoma State with them. Gotta think if OU and Texas were to leave, which seems inevitable, they are going to end the BIG12 completely and leave all the remaining members treading water. Kansas especially brings nothing to the table, they can't survive off of basketball alone and I think they would be one of the last teams the PAC12, BIG10, or ACC would reach out to.

As of this minute, we could be looking at UK, Vandy, Missouri, Tennessee//
The only way you could convince someone of this is to be looking into a mirror.

The New SEC will have 8 teams that will be taken care of.... they have the power..... they will be set up to succeed.... for the SEC to secure more national rankings and playoff participation.

These are the teams.... Bama, LSU, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Auburn, A&M, and Florida.

If there are four pods these teams will be in four them... no more than two each.

The other schools will be paid to "stay in their lanes." Fodder for the Top 8.

Sorry, just the way it will be.

UF and LSU wasnt a big rivalry back in the day, they only played regular since divisions were formed and UF isnt happy with playing them every year. Does UK want to play LSU year now?
Not quite correct. Florida and LSU have played annually for 50 years and a total of 67 games in the 88 seasons of SEC football. And FWIW, most Gator fans love the rivalry and nice road trip every other year.
That said, money will dictate most of the upcoming changes, as you noted. Few teams have lost more historic annual rivalries than Auburn (including Georgia Tech and Tennessee) due to expansion and re-alignment. If I had to guess, I think the SEC goes to a 9-game conference schedule and 4 pods, though the non-pod scheduling is undecided.

That's a complicated scheduling process, much simpler with 2 divisions of 8, play 7 division opponents, no permanent crossover and play 2 rotating crossovers every year. That does everything a 4 pod does and much simpler to create and make schedules.
Pod system is much easier. You play everyone in your pod and 2 teams from the other 3 pods every year. The next year, you play the other 2 teams from each pod. This guarantees a kid that stays 4 years that he will play every SEC team home and away during his 4 years.

Reactions: The-Hack
Not quite correct. Florida and LSU have played annually for 50 years and a total of 67 games in the 88 seasons of SEC football. And FWIW, most Gator fans love the rivalry and nice road trip every other year.
That said, money will dictate most of the upcoming changes, as you noted. Few teams have lost more historic annual rivalries than Auburn (including Georgia Tech and Tennessee) due to expansion and re-alignment. If I had to guess, I think the SEC goes to a 9-game conference schedule and 4 pods, though the non-pod scheduling is undecided.

I guess the ones that don't care for LSU as a permanent opponent are the more vocal posters. but it's still not a long rivalry compared to Bama-UT, UGA-AU, Bama-UT which all are approaching 100 games or surpassing it..

This looks like a done deal and it will go down to how Bama wants it redone, I have read Nick wants 9 conference games and we will likely have that. If it is a 2 division or 4 pod will be determined by which systems has the best opportunity for the SEC to get multiple teams in the playoffs. I see no advantage of the 4 pod system but if anyone could show me some real advantages I would be open to it.

Heard on the radio yesterday afternoon that there is some sort of state mandated policy in Oklahoma that if OU were to leave the BIG12 for another conference then they must take Oklahoma State with them. Gotta think if OU and Texas were to leave, which seems inevitable, they are going to end the BIG12 completely and leave all the remaining members treading water. Kansas especially brings nothing to the table, they can't survive off of basketball alone and I think they would be one of the last teams the PAC12, BIG10, or ACC would reach out to.
I've heard the OKie St. requirement on OU for years going back years, maybe even b4 A&M went to SEC, but at least then.

I'd put KS ahead of all B12 remaining members for desirability ex maybe OKSU, but still not all that desirable.

Quad I UF, UGA, USC, UK
Quad 2 Bama, Auburn, UT, Vandy
Quad 3 Ole Miss, Miss ST, LSU, Texas A&M
Quad 4 Mizzou, Texas, Oklahoma, Arky

A&M will demand to not be in the same Quad as Texas.
While I tend to like your setup. This is/was all about the $$. The SEC will make sure UT vs AM happens every year, so that would lead me to believe you trade arky or mizzou with A&M. I guess you could have a schedule where you have a permanent team you play every year out of your pod, (UK vs UT for example), but I think the SEC wants to have certain games every year.

The Texas and OU to the SEC is basically a done deal. The division of 2 or 4 is not a done deal. I think the conference will go to 9 games, especially when the playoff expands to 12 teams. No way those divisions posted happens. That OU, Texas, LSU, Arky group, neither will UK, Vandy, Missouri and UT. The other 2 are fairly even but the first and last are not.

The option on the table that is gaining speed is 2 divisions, Bama and AU to the East, Missouri to the west, and 2 crossovers. With all the old rivalry games now in the East, the permanent team won't happen, play 2 rotation crossovers every year and you see all 8 teams in the other division in 4 years.

This is being done for money, I think that is one thing everyone can agree on, more teams in the playoffs the more money for the conference. so look for a 9 game SEC schedule with an OOC P5 school encouraged.

On the surface, I agree with your comments about the four team pods, but here is where you might be missing something:

1. The division winner is meaningless. The two top teams will go to atlanta regardless of division.
2. Most of these models have teams playing everyone in their division, but then have two permanent crossover games and four rotating games. So, even though UK would have the easiest division, their permanent crossover games might be Georgia and Texas. UT's could be FLorida and Alabama (to preserve the bama rivalry).
3. The conference could argue that the pods might not be evenly matched, but they balance it out with the permanent crossover games, while also honoring geography and historical rivalries.

I don't know that it's likely, but there is a case for it. I think the more likely scenario is UK in a pod with Georgia, Florida, and SC. I'm hoping that we get at least two of the UT / Miz / Van / SC in our pod. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: The-Hack

Not true. THe problem with what you suggest is that teams go too many years without playing one another. There's no reason UK needs to play Auburn (assuming they were moved to the east) every year but only play texas and OU every 8 years.

The argument for the current structure is preserving natural rivalries between UT-Bama, UGA-AU, etc.

With the new structure, you could preserve the historic rivalries and allow every team to play every other team at least once every four years.

Reactions: vhcat70
On the surface, I agree with your comments about the four team pods, but here is where you might be missing something:

1. The division winner is meaningless. The two top teams will go to atlanta regardless of division.
2. Most of these models have teams playing everyone in their division, but then have two permanent crossover games and four rotating games. So, even though UK would have the easiest division, their permanent crossover games might be Georgia and Texas. UT's could be FLorida and Alabama (to preserve the bama rivalry).
3. The conference could argue that the pods might not be evenly matched, but they balance it out with the permanent crossover games, while also honoring geography and historical rivalries.

I don't know that it's likely, but there is a case for it. I think the more likely scenario is UK in a pod with Georgia, Florida, and SC. I'm hoping that we get at least two of the UT / Miz / Van / SC in our pod. Fingers crossed.

Everything you typed is reason not to go to the pod system, who decides who the 2 best teams are, that's the very reason the playoffs are expanding because of conference champions getting left out. And hoping to get 2of the weak sister in your pod, how thrilling would it be to get Bama, UGA and OU in your pod with A&M and OU as your permanent crossover? But why only 2 permanent crossovers why not 1 from each of the other 3 pods, and 1 rotating. Not having a permanent opponent from each pod doesnt make sense, just too many questions. But apparently it's already decided from an earlier tweet.

Everything you typed is reason not to go to the pod system, who decides who the 2 best teams are, that's the very reason the playoffs are expanding because of conference champions getting left out. And hoping to get 2of the weak sister in your pod, how thrilling would it be to get Bama, UGA and OU in your pod with A&M and OU as your permanent crossover? But why only 2 permanent crossovers why not 1 from each of the other 3 pods, and 1 rotating. Not having a permanent opponent from each pod doesnt make sense, just too many questions. But apparently it's already decided from an earlier tweet.

-"Who decides who the best teams are?" - Um the same way we do now? There are criteria in place (conference record, head to head, winning percentage, etc).
-It's the conference job to make the pods + permanent crossover as even as possible. So, if perhaps there was a weaker pod (e.g. UK, UT, Mizzou, Vandy), count on the permanent crossovers being tough. For UT, their permanent crossovers could be Florida and Alabama. For UK, it would be Georgia and Texas. Etc etc. The pod grouping doesn't matter, the annual permanent opponents matter (just like under the current format Alabama has a more favorable arrangement by having UT as its permanent crossover vs. LSU which has to deal with Florida).
-I think the reason two permanent crossovers is to try and balance out strength of schedule, as stated above. There aren't many teams that would require two permanent crossovers to preserve historic rivalries, but it could be used to make sure that all of the teams have an equal array of strong and weak teams as their annual permanent games.

no system will be perfect, but I think this is a preferable situation to having two eight team divisions. There isn't a reason for UK to play alabama and auburn every single year while only playing Texas and Oklahoma once every 8-10 years.

I suspect there will be pods with a pod winners playoff, so two weeks of conference playoffs.

You say NCAA won't allow another game? One solution is to tell the NCAA to F-off. Another is to reserve the last regular season week for position play across pods below pod winners while allowing for not replicating opponents. E.g., A2 vs. B2, C2 vs. D2, but if C2 & D2 have already played, the C2 plays D3, etc.

Quad I UF, UGA, USC, UK
Quad 2 Bama, Auburn, UT, Vandy
Quad 3 Ole Miss, Miss ST, LSU, Texas A&M
Quad 4 Mizzou, Texas, Oklahoma, Arky

A&M will demand to not be in the same Quad as Texas.
play each team in your pod and 2 from the other 3 pods for a 9 game SEC schedule
in 4 years teams would play the other pods twice home/away

the pods you listed make the most sense of any i have seen

Reactions: catben
Real world is since we are talking of 9 games with two from each pod plus the three in yours unless something extremely bizarre happens the schedules are going to end up fairly balanced. There are going to be precious few "easy" schedules.....

Which makes it more attractive for the playoff scenario.

Reactions: THE_OAK and NoviG8r
End of the day, pods nor divisions matter. To win the SEC, you're gonna have a hard row. Neither LSU nor Alabama had shrinking violet schedules
During their runs to the title.
Neither will this years champ.

-"Who decides who the best teams are?" - Um the same way we do now? There are criteria in place (conference record, head to head, winning percentage, etc).
-It's the conference job to make the pods + permanent crossover as even as possible. So, if perhaps there was a weaker pod (e.g. UK, UT, Mizzou, Vandy), count on the permanent crossovers being tough. For UT, their permanent crossovers could be Florida and Alabama. For UK, it would be Georgia and Texas. Etc etc. The pod grouping doesn't matter, the annual permanent opponents matter (just like under the current format Alabama has a more favorable arrangement by having UT as its permanent crossover vs. LSU which has to deal with Florida).
-I think the reason two permanent crossovers is to try and balance out strength of schedule, as stated above. There aren't many teams that would require two permanent crossovers to preserve historic rivalries, but it could be used to make sure that all of the teams have an equal array of strong and weak teams as their annual permanent games.

no system will be perfect, but I think this is a preferable situation to having two eight team divisions. There isn't a reason for UK to play alabama and auburn every single year while only playing Texas and Oklahoma once every 8-10 years.

But that system isnt working for the playoffs, and why it's looking to expand to 12 teams.

It's the conference's job to create what is best for the conference. Having 3 1 loss teams that dont pla each other for 2 spots in the league championship game isnt good for anyone.

Once again who determines who is best when it comes to permanent opponents, it always leads to controversy when that is determined anywhere but the field.

Teams have to play Bama every year now, to win the conference you have to go through them now. Bama, UK and OU dont play each other and all 3 finish 11-1, who gets left out of the SEC championship? You know the answer to that just as well as I do.

Reactions: Rockford
That would b tuff, in fact, impossible.

That would b tuff, in fact, impossible.
You are right. Should have been LSU as 2nd permanent opponent with A&M, which would be ver possible.

But no one has shown an advantage of having 4bpods other than playing everyone home and home over 4 years. If that is more important than making sure the 2 best teams get to.yhe championship game being determined on the field than in the SEC office am all in, get ready for Bama to get the benefit everytime. I rather beat them on the field, if we cant we dont deserve to be in it anyway.

I suspect there will be pods with a pod winners playoff, so two weeks of conference playoffs.

You say NCAA won't allow another game? One solution is to tell the NCAA to F-off. Another is to reserve the last regular season week for position play across pods below pod winners while allowing for not replicating opponents. E.g., A2 vs. B2, C2 vs. D2, but if C2 & D2 have already played, the C2 plays D3, etc.
No chance they are doing an SEC semifinal and final for the football championship. Not will they have an open weekend at the end to match teams based on current standings within the pod. It will be 9 regular season games with the top 2 teams overall playing in the SEC championship.

You are right. Should have been LSU as 2nd permanent opponent with A&M, which would be ver possible.

But no one has shown an advantage of having 4bpods other than playing everyone home and home over 4 years. If that is more important than making sure the 2 best teams get to.yhe championship game being determined on the field than in the SEC office am all in, get ready for Bama to get the benefit everytime. I rather beat them on the field, if we cant we dont deserve to be in it anyway.
You keep saying this about Bama, but just like it is now, there will be a pre-determined system in place for tie-breakers. I understand it’s not nearly as clean as having 2 divisions when determining tie breakers, but they will have a system in place. They’re not just going to say, “We have 3 teams that tied for 2nd place with 7-2 conference records and we are going to give that spot to Bama” without a system in place. They just aren’t.

How ‘bout crowning the SEC Champ based upon regular season results, and not forcing a top team to absorb a loss prior to the 12 team playoffs?

Without a conference title game in early December, each SEC team could schedule 13 games, with 4 gimmies per team.

Yeah, that would cost some revenue, but not having a semi-game will too.

You keep saying this about Bama, but just like it is now, there will be a pre-determined system in place for tie-breakers. I understand it’s not nearly as clean as having 2 divisions when determining tie breakers, but they will have a system in place. They’re not just going to say, “We have 3 teams that tied for 2nd place with 7-2 conference records and we are going to give that spot to Bama” without a system in place. They just aren’t.

Wait and see if Bama doesnt get ty he benefit every time, they do now even when it comes to the playoffs. Even you admit a 2 division system is cleaner. But regardless this is already decided, I dont know what it is but according to a writer from the Longhorn site OU, A&M and the horns will play every year. One system will be more controversial and as soon as a 1 loos team gets omitted from the conference championship game because 2 other 1 loss teams were the 2 best teams, according to some tiebreaker, how well will you.like it if UK is the one sitting it out? I will be pissed if its UGA. Or better yet 2 teams from the same pod.

Wait and see if Bama doesnt get ty he benefit every time, they do now even when it comes to the playoffs. Even you admit a 2 division system is cleaner. But regardless this is already decided, I dont know what it is but according to a writer from the Longhorn site OU, A&M and the horns will play every year. One system will be more controversial and as soon as a 1 loos team gets omitted from the conference championship game because 2 other 1 loss teams were the 2 best teams, according to some tiebreaker, how well will you.like it if UK is the one sitting it out? I will be pissed if its UGA. Or better yet 2 teams from the same pod.
I just don’t know how they would if they had predetermined criteria for tie-breakers. Do you just think they would throw them out the window, award it to Bama and the other coaches in the league would sit back and be ok with them changing the criteria when the season is over to award Bama?

As for your scenario with 3 teams tied for 2nd place, it would suck if you were the one left out. Personally, my preference for the 4 pods is because right now we play west teams at home once every 14 years (outside of MSU). That’s crazy. There is a chance to play every team at home every 4 years. I probably don’t look at the SEC championship scenario because, honestly, there is an extremely slim chance that UK would ever have one of the 2 best records in the SEC with 16 teams. It’s just not going to happen. So, from a UK perspective, give me LSU, Bama, UT, OU and TAMU in Commonwealth every 4 years with one of the group most likely I’m commonwealth every year.

Last edited:
I just don’t know how they would if they had predetermined criteria for tie-breakers. Do you just think they would throw them out the window, award it to Bama and the other coaches in the league would sit back and be ok with them changing the criteria when the season is over to award Bama?

As for your scenario with 3 teams tied for 2nd place, it would suck if you were the one left out. Personally, my preference for the 4 pods is because right now we play west teams at home once every 14 years (outside of MSU). That’s crazy. There is a chance to play every team at home every 4 years. I probably don’t look at the SEC championship scenario because, honestly, there is an extremely slim chance that UK would ever have one of the 2 best records in the SEC with 16 teams. It’s just not going to happen. So, from a UK perspective, give me LSU, Bama, UT, OU and TAMU in Commonwealth every 4 years with one of the group most likely I’m commonwealth every year.

That's one advantage that has nothing to do with the competitiveness of the conference. If the rotation becomes 2 rotating cross divisions that would be cut to 8 years. I know UGA, Bama and the Vols were responsible for the permanent crossover opponent, with all in the same division no need for the permanent slot. If playing all of the quick is a big deal play 3 crossovers a season, let the teams decide on the field who plays for the SEC championship, not some silly tiebreaker.

You think the SEC doesnt take care of Bama? They have gone multiple seasons with no holding calls against them, you think that's possible? They have played and won 2 NC when they didnt even win their division, but that bye week let them heal while every other team was getting beat up in a conference championship game. So yes I think the conference will take care of Bama and any coach or AD that complains gets fined for his trouble.

Of those 4 teams you mentioned, with 2 divisions you get 2 of them 2 times over 4 years and at least 1 of the others 2 over that time period.

That's one advantage that has nothing to do with the competitiveness of the conference. If the rotation becomes 2 rotating cross divisions that would be cut to 8 years. I know UGA, Bama and the Vols were responsible for the permanent crossover opponent, with all in the same division no need for the permanent slot. If playing all of the quick is a big deal play 3 crossovers a season, let the teams decide on the field who plays for the SEC championship, not some silly tiebreaker.

You think the SEC doesnt take care of Bama? They have gone multiple seasons with no holding calls against them, you think that's possible? They have played and won 2 NC when they didnt even win their division, but that bye week let them heal while every other team was getting beat up in a conference championship game. So yes I think the conference will take care of Bama and any coach or AD that complains gets fined for his trouble.

Of those 4 teams you mentioned, with 2 divisions you get 2 of them 2 times over 4 years and at least 1 of the others 2 over that time period.
Again, I’ll ask. Do you think if the SEC has pre-determined tie-breakers in place to figure out who the top 2 teams are if it was 4 pods, that they would blatantly break those predetermined tie-breakers to make sure Bama plays in the SEC championship game?

Haven't seen this discussed any:

With 9 SEC games......How about 5 home SEC games and 4 away (or vice versa). Not exactly a level playing field.

Makes me think Dan Mullen knew what was up when he was floating the idea of 9 conference games with one of them being at a neutral site.

Not sure how that would work very with a lot of teams.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Haven't seen this discussed any:

With 9 SEC games......How about 5 home SEC games and 4 away (or vice versa). Not exactly a level playing field.

Makes me think Dan Mullen knew what was up when he was floating the idea of 9 conference games with one of them being at a neutral site.

Not sure how that would work very with a lot of teams.
it is not a level playing field now

Reactions: KMKAT and Rockford
Again, I’ll ask. Do you think if the SEC has pre-determined tie-breakers in place to figure out who the top 2 teams are if it was 4 pods, that they would blatantly break those predetermined tie-breakers to make sure Bama plays in the SEC championship game?

I already answered, Bama will be given every benefit of a doubt regardless of what criteria is in place. With 4 pods there will be countless possibilities, sure if they its play easy. Where do you go if they dont play each other and both lost 1 to the same team? No rules will be broken, someon will have to decide who gets in. Let's just go with the rule we have now, its th he highest ranked team if no head to head or a 3 way tie. Well when you start out at 1 or 2, you will be ranked higher than other 1 loss teams. Rule follow, advantage to Bama, because ty hey will start the season ranked higher.

You want to see all the teams come to Lexington every 4 years, I want the 2 best teams proven on the field playing for the conference championship, not by opinions of people sitting in secret meetings behind closed doors like th he playoff teams are selected.

Last edited:
My $0.02 worth. First, nothing is impossible, but change WILL occur. We probably need to think beyond the parameters to which we've been limited in the past ... including the traditional idea of conferences and a "Power 5".
WHEN the 12-team playoff arrives, and it will, conference champions are likely to receive 1st-round byes (seemingly the SEC, Big Ten, ACC, and Pac). Beyond that, it will be up to records, strength of schedule, and perception.
As for the SEC, the pod system does seem to be the easiest to implement, regardless of how they are constituted. NO permanent opponents from other Pods ... play everyone in your own pod, then rotate 2 teams from each of the remaining 3 pods each season. Everyone plays everyone else within 2 years .... at every stadium within a 4-year stretch. At the end of the season, you have a 2-week playoff. Any ties within a pod is settled by head-to-head that year.
Might even have to look at reducing the number of regular season games to 10 or 11 to accommodate post-season play. With the money involved, I think it would work.

Last edited:

Well, I'd say allowing your membership to play one another on a frequent basis is a very big and worthwhile change.

Also, your premise assumes that the two division setup allows the two best teams to get to Atlanta every year. This has rarely been true. The divisions have rarely been balanced as the east was far better in the early years and the west has been better for the last 15 years.

I understand that people will have differing opinions on all of this and that makes sense. But, you keep raising objections that are straw man arguments.

Well, I'd say allowing your membership to play one another on a frequent basis is a very big and worthwhile change.

Also, your premise assumes that the two division setup allows the two best teams to get to Atlanta every year. This has rarely been true. The divisions have rarely been balanced as the east was far better in the early years and the west has been better for the last 15 years.

I understand that people will have differing opinions on all of this and that makes sense. But, you keep raising objections that are straw man arguments.
I am not saying my idea is correct, but it is by far the least complex to enact and has served the conference pretty well dont you think? No system will be perfect, pods or divisions, I just feel we would have less conflict with 2 divisions.

Am I crazy or would the "strength" of each pod not be that big of a deal? You would play your 3 pod-mates every year, but you still have to play six other teams. There wouldn't be any prize for "winning" your pod. You could have a brutally tough pod and end up with an easy schedule some years, or a really light pod (say Vandy, UT, Mizzou) and still have a brutal schedule (say your other six are Bama, LSU, OU, Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma). To me the pods would be to guarantee easier travel for fans, thus helping attendance and to keep big annual rivalry games like the Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl, Cocktail Party, Red River Shootout, Texas/A&M if they choose to, etc.

In a lot of these pod scenarios, Kentucky's schedule might be very similar to what its been in recent years, plus one current or new "west" team. Then the following year you play the six you didn't play the year before.

If A&M demands not to be in a pod with Texas, they might as well leave the SEC because a different pod would only mean they have to play them every other season instead of every season. Everyones going to play everyone regularly in this scenario which I think would be really cool.

With a limited set of weeks to crown both a SEC champion and have a 12 team playoff, it sure seems like the 8 team divisions is where we are headed. You can't have 4 teams at the top of their divisions and leave 2 out every year for Atlanta. So 2 teams to Atlanta, and quite possibly, a minimum of 4 SEC teams in the playoffs each year.
I don't think Saban wants anymore SEC games than he has to play. He was crowing about how many he played and won last year,

And like someone earlier said, its probably been worked out long before we've heard anything.

ADVERTISEMENT