ADVERTISEMENT

4 Guards and Bam Was Great Move

bballcat4

Junior
Jan 12, 2008
Fox, Briscoe, Monk, Hawkins and Bam for a few possessions was brilliant move at a key time. Think we were up 9-10 and Cal had them switch all screens on top to prevent open 3's. Couple mins went off the clock while UCLA struggled to get what they wanted.

Maintaining that lead was key and the switching defense surprised UCLA. We had been fighting over ball screens the whole game up till that point.

Cal just rolls the ball out there ;-)

I actually caught that move, he did the four guard line up a few times and it worked. After seeing trouble at the 4 spot again early,, I'm sure he was thinking I gotta shake things up!!

He went to Mulder (which is really a 4 guard lineup) in the first half when Willis got 2 fouls. I felt he was trying to buy minutes because he doesn't have confidence in Gabriel. But, that stretch at then end of the game was all about switching on ballscreens to prevent 3's.

They hedged and had guards fight over screens all night. Then, they switched everything at the end. You could tell it surprised UCLA. They went 3-4 possessions with some poor shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT