ADVERTISEMENT

37 wins

Bigkyfan10

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2005
When a coach Cal UK basketball team has started the season 5-0, the team has gone on to win 35, 38, and 38 games for the season. That's an average of 37 wins per season. This team is 5-0, hopefully we will have similar results.

Let's hope!!!

They have to keep improving! a lot of hard work.
Yes they do. 25% behind the arc is not going to get them to the final four. Right now the only consistent 3 pt shooter is Murray and he had a 1-10 game. Free throw shooting needs improvement too. Free throw shooting is going to come down to who goes to the line. Ulis and Murray are pretty much automatic. They'll shoot between 80-95%. I think Skal will be between 65-75%. Poythress should be about 65-70%. Humphries will be between 65-75%. The players that I am concearned about are Lee and Briscoe. I think it's pretty much a gaurentee that Lee will be below 50%. The key will be whether Briscoe can get out of his slump. If he continues to shoot it at below 50% this team could be in trouble. Hopefully he will shoot it like he can. For highschool he was around 70%. Hopefully Matthews can be a 60-70% shooter.

I think 35 wins would be our floor, based on how we are playing so far and our competition.

I think we finish 36-4 with a title (let's hope).

Losses @LSU, @KU, @A&M, and @Vandy.

Reactions: Beta198921
This team is more than capable of achieving over 35 wins and a title. Right now I see losses to Vandy, LSU, Kansas, and A&M on all the road. Also losing one at random on a night where the shots just aren't falling is possible as well. I think UK wins 34-36 games in rout to a title or at least the final four.

No way we should lose @LSU, I know that's always a tough game but we'll pull it off.

The big thing is we can not afford to lose many. We want the overall 1 seed this year for sure, since the south regional is in Lousiville. We should make the Final Four pretty easily if we get to play in our home state. Cal isn't likely to lose in the first two games (he almost never does), so we should be in great shape to cruise to the Final Four. After that, it's just whoever plays well.

I think 35 wins would be our floor, based on how we are playing so far and our competition.

I think we finish 36-4 with a title (let's hope).

Losses @LSU, @KU, @A&M, and @Vandy.

My initial thoughts as well. After watching LSU a couple times now, I think we win that game. Simmons is a great player, who is going to get his and that's fine. I think we for the most part shut everyone else down. They've now lost two games, that by all account they could have won. We'll see how LSU grows as the season progresses.

My initial thoughts as well. After watching LSU a couple times now, I think we win that game. Simmons is a great player, who is going to get his and that's fine. I think we for the most part shut everyone else down. They've now lost two games, that by all account they could have won. We'll see how LSU grows as the season progresses.

They will play their best game of the year when we go down there. It will be a white out or yellow out or purple out or whatever they call it and the place will be packed. Blakeney will shoot lights out, Hornsby as well. Simmons will score 40 and they will win a close one. Their next game they will lose by 10-15 and continue their ho-hum season. That's how it works in the SEC if you aren't named Kentucky,

I find the ability of some of our fans to envision strategic loses to be quite remarkable. I guess if you rationalize loses before they occur in the manner some described – it is a way to cope with potential disappointment. Hate to think how they deal with the potential for other potentially bigger disappointments in life.

Yeah I don't think we'll lose to LSU either. They're going to get worse as the season progresses IMO. Simmons can only do so much.

My guess is @Kansas, @Vandy, @A&M and 1 head scratcher against an SEC team that just plays out of their mind against us.

Reactions: BigKari
I find the ability of some of our fans to envision strategic loses to be quite remarkable. I guess if you rationalize loses before they occur in the manner some described – it is a way to cope with potential disappointment. Hate to think how they deal with the potential for other potentially bigger disappointments in life.

Oh. 40-0 baby!!!!!!!!!!!

They will play their best game of the year when we go down there. It will be a white out or yellow out or purple out or whatever they call it and the place will be packed. Blakeney will shoot lights out, Hornsby as well. Simmons will score 40 and they will win a close one. Their next game they will lose by 10-15 and continue their ho-hum season. That's how it works in the SEC if you aren't named Kentucky,

LSU playing their best game when we go down there - of that I have no doubt! I forgot that one of their best (name escapes me at the moment) outside shooters has been out this week. I would love to be at the LSU game. I bet it will be a wild and crazy place!

This is a message board and all in this thread is pure speculation on how fans think things might go over an entire season. I find it rather interesting to hear what others are thinking and some of the explanations offered. I also find it interesting that you can go on and on about fans thoughts and then criticize them on handling real life. You're way too serious for me.

Reactions: mark0202

I hear ya! By my heart, the UK Fan in me feels exactly the same way as you've stated. The analyticaltical side of me, goes more to the sciences of the game and possibility of a great discussions with other UK Fans. I'll always support your rights in expressing your oppinions, even if we differ. But at the same time, please don't go hating on me and others like me who enjoy talking the X's and O's of University of Kentucky Basketball. It's the love of the game!

Kind of a dumb post...

Reactions: KDcats11

Thank you for bringing us enlightenment today, Rick. The next step in this board's evolution is now set to advance.

2001apes-thumb-510x245-39088.gif

Reactions: brianpoe
UK is a great team, we jsut need to work out the bugs. Cal is good at that. A Davis was not the player at the beginning of the year that he was in April

I think we win at LSU. I remember some years ago LSU had one of the best players who ever played the game of basketball and they could not beat us. Pistol Pete !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT