ADVERTISEMENT

30 for 30?

I liked June 17, 1994.

Showed how the OJ chase impacted the coverage of an MLB game, the World Cup, the NBA Finals and US open golf tournament.

There’s little narration and mostly raw footage. That was a crazy ass day.

I was at cub scout camp that week. I literally remember having the TV on while I was packing my bag and seeing them talk about finding 2 dead bodies. Went to camp and was cut off from outside world for a week. Mom picked me up and I wanted to know about the Rockets and the Rangers. She didn't mention a thing. And then as soon as we got home my dad ran out and said "OMG the chase stopped, hes in the driveway!!!" and I had no idea what was going on.

I was at cub scout camp that week. I literally remember having the TV on while I was packing my bag and seeing them talk about finding 2 dead bodies. Went to camp and was cut off from outside world for a week. Mom picked me up and I wanted to know about the Rockets and the Rangers. She didn't mention a thing. And then as soon as we got home my dad ran out and said "OMG the chase stopped, hes in the driveway!!!" and I had no idea what was going on.

I was in 7th grade. I remember being in my room playing Sega Genesis that night waiting for Knicks/Rockets. My parents were watching the chase on TV. I went to the kitchen to get a snack and remember sitting down and watching with them.

Some of my favorites:

Fantastic Lies (Duke lacrosse)
Guru of Go (Loyola Marymount)
Without Bias (Len Bias)
The Best that Never Was (Marcus Dupree)
Pony Excess (SMU)
The Fab Five
Unguarded (Chris Herron - might be my favorite one)
Bad Boys (Pistons)
The Gospel According to Mac (Colorado football)
Nature Boy (Ric Flair)

Requiem for the Big East

Once Brothers

Minus the Big East there is no ESPN.
I have a hard time buying a national sports network wouldn’t exist without the Big East. Maybe not as soon, maybe not specifically named “ESPN”. But you can change tons of variables and you’d still end up with a giant national sports network. It’s America after all.

I have a hard time buying a national sports network wouldn’t exist without the Big East. Maybe not as soon, maybe not specifically named “ESPN”. But you can change tons of variables and you’d still end up with a giant national sports network. It’s America after all.
Okay, ESPN as we know it today would not exist without the Big East. ESPN was made off college basketball. ESPN used to not have very many major sports on.

Something else would have probably came along. You are correct.

"Thunder and Lightning" about Will Clark (my favorite all-time player), Raphael Palmeiro, and their beef.

He was smooth. Friend of mine was at the dog track back in the day. Will The Thrill was there with Dave Parker and my friend and another guy were sitting near them. A hockey game was on TV and a massive brawl broke out. My buddy and Clark looked at each other and Clark's eyes got real big and he said "WHOOOAAAAA!!!!!"

Reactions: flacat22
The four part "Once upon a time in Queens" was one of my favorites. Lenny Dykstra's interviews were pure gold, was quite a mix of characters on those Mets teams.
I went to a bunch of Mets games that year. I don't see how that post season could ever be topped. Did they mention Donnie Moore in that? Kind of sad but I always think of him when I see someone do something like the guy for the Bengals did the other day.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Some of my favorites:

Fantastic Lies (Duke lacrosse)
Guru of Go (Loyola Marymount)
Without Bias (Len Bias)
The Best that Never Was (Marcus Dupree)
Pony Excess (SMU)
The Fab Five
Unguarded (Chris Herron - might be my favorite one)
Bad Boys (Pistons)
The Gospel According to Mac (Colorado football)
Nature Boy (Ric Flair)
Great list. I’ll add “the best of enemies” Celtics/Lakers - Bird/Magic centric

ADVERTISEMENT