ADVERTISEMENT

3 UK Invitees to USA Basketball

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Cousins, Davis, and Wall. No doubt in my mind 2 of the 3 will make the team (Cousins and Davis) Best center and best power forward in the world. I think Wall will have some trouble making it as the point guard pool is so deep with Curry, Irving, Westbrook, Paul, Conley, MCW and Wall. I would say that Curry and Irving are locks (Irving because of Coach K). That leaves possibly one spot for Paul, Westbrook and Wall. Don't think Conley or MCW have any real shot at making the team.

CLv2dY-WcAAXvs5.jpg

Last edited:
Was about to post this. Cousins and Davis will make it I think. The 3 locks at point guard are Westbrook, Curry, Paul. I think the roster ends up being this.

Westbrook
Curry
Cp3
Irving
Harden
Klay

Lebron
Durant
One of Kawhi/Paul George/Carmelo

AD
Cousins
Blake Griffin

That minicamp is anything but mini when it comes to talent. Super collection of players.

Reactions: MWes11
John Wall does not fit in with Team USA's style. It's all iso-ball. Wall isn't a heavy scoring get your own type of player, so he's really wasting his time even trying out. His off-season would be better spent continuing to get shots up to improve his shooting.

Then again, a lot of the "older" guys like LeBron, Durant, Paul, Anthony, Love, and Howard might not play. The face of USA basketball is now Anthony Davis for the foreseeable future. They were talking about it on PTI actually and both of those knuckleheads said the same thing.

John Wall does not fit in with Team USA's style. It's all iso-ball. Wall isn't a heavy scoring get your own type of player, so he's really wasting his time even trying out. His off-season would be better spent continuing to get shots up to improve his shooting.

I disagree, first with that it's all iso-ball, and second with that his style wouldn't fit if that were the case. He's one of the fastest players in the world and has one of the best handles and body control. There's no need to spin it like Team USA will be full of selfish players who can't play multiple styles.

I disagree, first with that it's all iso-ball, and second with that his style wouldn't fit if that were the case. He's one of the fastest players in the world and has one of the best handles and body control. There's no need to spin it like Team USA will be full of selfish players who can't play multiple styles.

I watched pretty much every game played last year and the offense was pretty much clear out and let the guy with the ball beat his man off the dribble. That guy would then either throw the lob when a defender comes to help or kick to an open guy for three. In a more structured offensive system, John Wall is significantly better than Kyrie and even Rose at this point, but he doesn't stand a chance at beating those guys out for team USA because they are better iso players.

I'm not saying the other guys are selfish. They are just playing within the system that Coach K has implemented. I don't blame him for it either. They don't have the time to implement a more advanced offense. They have also proven that they can win with that style as long as they continue to have the best of the best on the roster and a few shooters.

Also IMO Kawhi should be a absolute lock for the team. I think he should start. One of the best defenders in the world and not a guy who needs touches to score 8-10 ppg in the role he will be deployed in. Best squad isn't necessarily the one with the 5 best scorers, with Curry, Durant, and Davis on the floor you don't need another ball dominant scorer. Just my two cents. Also I'd put Draymond on the team, ultimate team guy/leader and another great defender who doesn't need the ball to have a HUGE impact on the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT