ADVERTISEMENT

3 top 10 teams lose tonight

I don’t think DONT Think it’s as wide open as people suggest. I think it comes from Arizona duke Villanova Michigan st. One of these teams will win it all

It’s Virginia or Villanova tournament to lose

I’ll be shocked if one of those teams or Duke don’t win it.

Perfectly setting up so Duke/KU/UNC get get higher seeds..

Purdue was a paper tiger.. I know it was a year ago, but they got smoked WITH Swanigan against Kansas.. who was also a garbage team.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
And one not top 20 team lost at Auburn. I would rather be a top team losing.........

Wisconsin is horrific this year. Mind boggling loss for Purdue which has suddenly lost three games in a row.

We've got a tough SOS and have beat some good teams. Everyone can lose and stay or even climb. We lose and we go from16-21-25-39-55-72-101

Reactions: EliteBlue
15 St Marys lost on the road to now 15-13 San Francisco. This season is crazy. The seeming upsets of the season so far and the struggles of Kentucky have to be the 2 biggest stories.

Ohio State looked bad against Penn State and was down by 30 points in the 2nd half. They couldn't hit any shots and especially from 3 they were like 1 for 13. There has been some games with OSU that is similar to UK where they will play like a Top 10 team and then the next game like tonight they looked like a high school team. They were awful tonight on both the offense and defense. With that loss to Penn State UK moved up to #19 RPI and OSU went to #20 with falling 5 spots in the RPI. Purdue lost there 3rd straight game at Wisconsin 57-53 and Wisconsin has been Triple Terrible this year. Purdue has really went south with there offense and doesn't look like the same team in this 3 game losing streak. Then Cincinnati losing to Houston was a surprise with how well Cincy had been playing. I am not at all impressed with there offense either.

There are so many teams this year that just can't shoot the ball especially from 3 point range. IF you look at the Rankings and the RPI's right now most of the teams from #15 to #50 already have 7 losses to double digit losses with about 2-3 weeks to go before conference tournaments start. That is why we have to get back to our Offense that we were running after game 6 this year. We had a 7 game run where we scored 93 twice on VT, Monmouth in New York, and score 90 vs. UL. In those 7 games we were averaging 90 points a game. Yes, our Defense was lacking at that time but I don't think Cal should have decided to work more on the GRIND IT OUT half-court Offense and working stronger on Defense. I would rather us play like we did against VT when we won 93-86 and we made 12 Threes and our Offense was on fire and we were passing better, running the Up Tempo, and Cal Was pressing in the game. It was same vs. Monmouth and UL scoring over 90 points and hitting our shots and hitting 3 point shots. Once again I know the defense lacked but I would still love to have those games back and the team playing the offense we were playing back then during those 7 games before the SEC started.

I would prefer for us to play the Run, up tempo, and pressing and causing turnovers that was leading to easy shots and layups. We were even hitting our Free Throws better back then when the offense was running better. That was also when Green was running the PG and the team and SGA would come in for Diallo or for Green if needing a rest or foul trouble. I just think that Green runs the show better with fewer turnovers and spreads the ball around to the different team members. I know Green was out with back injury for 2 weeks and SGA took over for him in those 2 weeks and he had 2 or 3 games where he scored 30 and a couple of games in the high 20's but the offense still wasn't as smooth when Green was running the PG. Don't get me wrong I think SGA is the best player we have on the team right now with Knox. I just think as a PG he gets out at the top of the key and when it gets 10-12 seconds to go before shot clock goes off he makes that same mover down the lane. I know he scores a lot of points and has helped us win games I just think that Green distributes the ball better in his passing game and gets more assists and on top of that is a good outside shooter and 3-point shooter. I know some fans have talked about this and getting Green back to the PG and SGA to the SG and sitting Diallo right now. WE have also talked about a starting 5 of Green PG, SGA at SG, Knox, Vanderbilt, and Richards or Gabriel underneath. We can come out in 1st half and Press, for turnovers, pick up the Tempo and run and cause turnovers to get easy baskets and layups. I just don't Coach Cal would 1st put Diallo on Bench, He is not set on changing the Lineup and putting Green back to PG and SGA at SG and Diallo on bench. If he would only try these 2 or 3 changes and just see what might happen it could help the team big time.

Reactions: musrat59
Things may be relative for some programs, not ours. I find no comfort when posts are made how other higher ranked teams lose. I do take pleasure, of course, when Duke, UNC, or UL lose. Otherwise, posts how some other program lost a game doesn't make it better for how our team is performing.

There will only be "1" National Champion each year. So everyone but that one team at some point will lose. Does that make our season better? NO....

I don't know that stats, but I would imagine the NBA's love affair with the 3, especially GSW, has made players these days think that's the way to get to the league. I'm glad we have not been reliant on the 3, but this season we could really use a solid outside threat.

It’s Virginia or Villanova tournament to lose

I’ll be shocked if one of those teams or Duke don’t win it.

Not sold on any of those 3 they all have flaws... Virginia- cant score Duke- can't play defense Villanova- no national respect, doesn't have a player like Kris Jenkins to hit big shots for them.

I would go with Michigan State right now to win it but if i was a betting man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT